Darth Vader and Speed with Emperor Palpatine in time

In ability "No Espape" of Darth Vader says:
"At the start of each encounter Darth Vader gains 8 Speed until the end of that encounter for each of the following: Empire ally, Sith ally, Jedi enemy, Rebel enemy. Darth Vader is immune to Turn Meter Reduction and recovers 5% Health when a Damage Over Time effect on an enemy expires."

Does that mean if Emperor Palpatine is in the team the Darth Vader will gain 16 speed, since Emperor Palpatine is Sith and Empire ally?

Replies

• Yup.

Same case with Palps lead. Vader gets it twice.

You'll notice high end empire teams with those two are super fast.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    He also gains +16 for himself.
  • So in the ability of Palpatine (Emperor of the Galactic Empire) provides +70% in Potency and Max Health, and Ezra and Jarrus have -70% Potency and Evasion, as both are Jedi and Rebels?
  • That's correct yes.

Hence why I only hit Palp led teams with Phoenix if I absolutely have to. Palp demolishes rebels if they can't kill him quickly.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    Rafaelcb wrote: »
    So in the ability of Palpatine (Emperor of the Galactic Empire) provides +70% in Potency and Max Health, and Ezra and Jarrus have -70% Potency and Evasion, as both are Jedi and Rebels?

Old Ben too.
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    So in the ability of Palpatine (Emperor of the Galactic Empire) provides +70% in Potency and Max Health, and Ezra and Jarrus have -70% Potency and Evasion, as both are Jedi and Rebels?

No. That kind of ability doesn't stack that way. Wording and swgoh.gg mechanics show it as an "or," so they should only be getting it once if both. Vader's ability says "for each," and the mechanics show separate queries for each tag.

So while Kanan and Ezra and Old Ben with give Vader +16 speed, they still only lose 35% evasion for Palp lead.
  • So if Vader and Palpatine fight against Ezra, Kanan, and Old Ben, Vader will win (16 + 16 + 16 + 16) = 64 speed, and gain + 35% from Potency and Max Health, and Did the three Jedi Rebels lose 35% of Potency and Evasion?
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    So if Vader and Palpatine fight against Ezra, Kanan, and Old Ben, Vader will win (16 + 16 + 16 + 16) = 64 speed, and gain + 35% from Potency and Max Health, and Did the three Jedi Rebels lose 35% of Potency and Evasion?

Yes, the three Rebels each lose 35%, but not 70%.
  • Thank you all for helping me understand a bit more of the swgoh :D:D
  • EricsonX
    703 posts Member
    Yeah, also why my Resistance team-which uses R2-makes sure to nuke Palp quick, cause the poor guy sometimes winds up being the ONLY person who gets hurt without the other team making a movie cause of Palp's unique.
  • Thanks for the good ideas to bring it. I know a lot more. :)ดูบอล :J
  • seojames03 wrote: »
    Thanks for the good ideas to bring it. I know a lot more. :)ดูบอล :J

Makes me glad I'm a new(ish) player. People have a good couple of years of data to share, so learning is easier.