Should General Kenobi have a zeta?

HK22
645 posts Member
General Kenobi is one of the most famous and versatile tanks in the game. It also does not hurt that he is an iconic character from the much beloved Clone Wars and Original Star Wars series. He also happens to be the only raid and special character without a zeta. Raid Han has one zeta, Traya has two, legendary characters have two, and hero journeys three zetas.

So should he get at least one zeta and if so what should it be? Maybe an added part to Soresu that gives him bonus damage against Sith and CIS?

Replies

• Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    No. He's already the best tank in the game, why would you even think of further empowering him.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Options
    That is easy, consistency.

Besides you could easily add a unique zeta that is situational that does not make him dramatically overpowered.

Leadership: If JKA or Cody are in your team defense by 50%.
  • Options
    I understand your point, but I still say no. He’s incredibly powerful already.
    518 posts Member
    Options
    He's a famous character from the Clone War, yes. However, he's certainly not a famous character from the original series as this version of him is purely a Clone War representation.
    And he's not one of the best tank in the game, at least not since the Traya new era that we witness. He was before, he's one of them now but he shares this place with Old Ben now.

But yes, I deeply agree that he does need one or two. I think that a thing to come as his Lead and Unique are only at level 7 maximum so there's room for 2 zetas. It might greatly improve him but I'm afraid it will stil don't do much against the sith era we're experiencing in the meta right now.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    To be honest i think an omega upgrade to his leadership and unique would be sufficient and do a lot to add viability to Kenobi and to Jedi in general.
  • Options
    I think he's still outstanding and it's only 2 moves really that can contain him well: fracture and isolate. He's still incredibly good. If he got a zeta I'd prefer it were something targeted as referred to above; ideally if he's run with JKA they would get some Chaze-like synergy between them.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    No. He's already the best tank in the game, why would you even think of further empowering him.

Sion , Old Ben, Sith Trooper and Shoretrooper called. They would like a word with you
  • Options
    Add a zeta to his unique that makes his taunt and the crit immunity he gives unable to be prevented or dispelled.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Options
    Yes he’s good but other good/great characters have zeta’s. So why leave Kenobi out? I’d like to see him with a zeta that’s similar to CLS’s tenacity bump zeta. Whenever I run him in arena now he’s virtually useless as he is always stunned, ability blocked, buff immunity etc....
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think he needs any more improving
  • Options
    Keep him the best tank in the game by giving him a zeta! Make his zeta debuff immunity
  • Options
    General Kenobi, in my opinion, should have:

The most Armor and Resistance out of any tank in the game, giving him the best mitigation. He should be THE Tank.

His special 2, Lead the Charge, should give him and a random ally Evasion Up, instead of Offense Up, granting him Dodge/Deflection Chance. Obi-Wan managed to stay alive vs multiple Sith Lords, made it through the clone wars, survived Order 66, always outsmarted his opponents, and defeated his apprentice who was arguably the strongest opponent he ever had to face before going into exile. His kit should focus on defense, not offense.

And finally, he should another Unique that has to do with Obi-Wan and Anakin’s brotherhood. Maybe increasing Anakin’s survivability somehow when Obi-Wan is present, like every buff Obi-Wan gets is automatically applied to Anakin as well. Just some kind of synergy between the two.

That’s really all Obi-Wan needs to be complete if you ask me.