Can RNG not be REQUIRED for future events? (Unlike Thrawn mythic)

Tanzos
219 posts Member
The event difficulty is so stacked heavily against your favor that the only way to win with a great roster is to wait until RNG gives you a chance. Here's everything that makes this event hard.

1) Thrawn is locked as leader.
2) Phoenix gets 2 turns before anyone
3) They ignore taunt in those first turns
4) There are 6 of them!!!

Take away one of those and it's probably a much more fun event.

Now, I did beat the event each time it came around. So don't give me any "Get good" comments. With G11+ G12 characters, there were times I only got to take 2 turns. How can you have an event where the player can only take 2 turns before losing? That's is not fun. The way I beat it was by restarting the battle for 30 minutes until finally Ezra and Sabine didn't decimate everyone before I could actually PLAY the game.

Make it difficult yes, but not to the point of where RNG is required to beat it. It's just plain not fun. There are plenty of ways to make it difficult without it being a random draw of whether or not you'll actually get to participate.

Please in the future, make new events difficult for the player's skill and roster, but not depending on random AI input.

Replies

• Yeah, I have to agree there, the mythic tier of thrawn is ridiculously overtuned.. I've yet to beat it and just don't care anymore lol.
  • Develop your roster more, and then you don’t have a problem,
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    Okay... um did you read my comment? My roster is fine. I clearly have a roster that can beat it as I have each time. The point is is that it's more frustrating than fun because of how little control you have in the outcome.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    @GhostTruckin , do you just get off by leaving pointless comments everywhere you go?

Please, indulge everyone with your standard of no longer having an inferior roster. “Get good, scrub” only carries any merit when you can provide screenshots and specific examples of gear, abilities, mods, and strategy. Until then, are you open to the suggestion of fading out of existence until you have something beneficial to contribute to the discussion?
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • NgH
    59 posts Member
    I feel like speed is the biggest concern. These event AI teams have insane speed, that only a very small percentage of players can compete with.
  • If you are worried about rng to the degree you are convinced the only way to win is rng , then your roster is suspect.

@Fauztin you are my hero.

@op. Gear 12, and something like thrawn lead Vader ep shore Tarkin, one up one down, easy.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    So G12 Thrawn, G12 Vader, G11 Palp, Shore and Deathtrooper is so terrible that it should take 30 tries to get a win and maybe 10 tries to actually get more than 3 turns. Boy I'm just doing everything wrong then if that's my Empire team and my point is invalidated that the choices in how they create difficulty are not fun.
  • Your death trooper brings very little useful help until you manage to kill someone, Whereas a fast Tarkin can throw out off down and play tmr games, which makes a huge difference, death is nice and all. But not really an ideal spot for this event.

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Zeta Palp unique so he doesn't die immediately. Let Ezra almost kill himself from the rest of Palp unique as he takes a million turns and will take 2x bonus damage at the beginning of each as he's rebel and jedi. I used G12.67 Thrawn (Zeta on unique only), G12.5 EP (both zetas, but unique only matters here), G11 DT, G11 Storm, G10 Shoretrooper. Just have EP sit behind the tanks while the rebels lose health from his unique and use DT to apply deathmark after you've taken out Ezra. Ezra will be at very low health by the time you take a turn.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Okay, I'm gonna try one more time. The point is not to find an easier way to win. I fully understand that it would be easier with higher gear. I won with the team I had the way Vertigo described. Here's my problem... my team CAN beat it, my team is clearly strong ENOUGH to beat the Phoenix squad. YET there were multiple times where I got just 2-3 TURNS because they focused down on Thrawn and EP, and staggered my guys constantly. The point is that an event designed to make a team that CAN beat it have attempts that result in just 2-3 physical human inputs is not fun and very frustrating.

Other mythics have similar problems but not as bad, mainly because you can choose your leadership. Again, it's not about how hard it is or how I can make it easier. It's the fact that an attempt with a strong well-geared team that CAN beat it is out right decimated on some attempts.

It's too hot or cold. It's too hit or miss. It's too on or off.

I would like CG to look at making new things difficult without the extreme hit or miss nature of the Thrawn mythic event.
  • Whatever you say, or you could use a slightly different lineup to get better results, but that’s your call, enjoy and have fun.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    I concur. RNG events should be eliminated. I remember people with G7/8 Phoenix clearing it on the first try, and people with G10 Phoenix struggling for hours. Had a guildmate attempt 67 times, before putting it on auto, going to the bathroom, and coming back to a 7* Thrawn. It personally took me 2.5 hours, and literally nothing changed except the RNG.
    It's why RNG is probably the most frustrating aspect of this game. Doesn't matter how good I am, how much $$$ I spend, there's always the possibility of defeat.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • The event is **** trash. I’ve had times when they won’t even give me a turn. I play this game for fun, not to be frustrated. Absolute garbage
  • Using my strongest characters & it’s a complete waste of time...... thanks EA
  • I have played matches where I haven’t even gotten a turn, and I just counted on my last one right now and they got 14 hits off before I even got a chance to play. That’s not even fun.
  • UnknownJedi
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    It's called mythic. You should have mythic toons. I had no problem finishing it first try with G12 Thrawn, Shore, stormtrooper, DK and DT. It's not called legendary, or hard, or very hard, it's mythic. If I had Magma up to 12 it would have been even easier. So you build a mythic team with Thrawn that is built to work best WITH Thrawn and AGAINST Phoenix (not just whatever G12 empire you might have) and you'll be beating the appropriately named mythic tier with a mythic team in one try. Not sure how else to say it. Get maxed or relax? Also, if you are having a hard time beating tier 1 with G10 Phoenix, your doing something wrong. Your modding wrong, your attacking the wrong toons first, or you have someone other than Hera as lead. Not sure, but youre doing it wrong. Post a YouTube video of it and we'll all take it apart.
    TL;DR : stop complaining you can't finish what is intended to be the hardest event tier this game has put out with a roster containing sub G12 toons and a squad that isn't optimized for synergy. People have already posted useful suggestions (EP zeta unique behind tanks, Tarkin) so clearly there are many options and others are not subject to your RNG.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @Tanzos can you clarify what you are asking for. You moan about rng and about event difficulty. These are two separate issues and to me fixing one of them would make the other worse.

To me the main source of rng in this event is bad ai decision making. If phoenix doesnt kill palpatine first in their initial flurry you win. If you reduce the rng and keep the difficulty you will die easily.

If we reduce the difficulty and keep the rng you will win easily and a g10 or 11 will struggle with rng til they win.

• Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    It's called mythic. You should have mythic toons. I had no problem finishing it first try with G12 Thrawn, Shore, stormtrooper, DK and DT. It's not called legendary, or hard, or very hard, it's mythic. If I had Magma up to 12 it would have been even easier. So you build a mythic team with Thrawn that is built to work best WITH Thrawn and AGAINST Phoenix (not just whatever G12 empire you might have) and you'll be beating the appropriately named mythic tier with a mythic team in one try. Not sure how else to say it. Get maxed or relax? Also, if you are having a hard time beating tier 1 with G10 Phoenix, your doing something wrong. Your modding wrong, your attacking the wrong toons first, or you have someone other than Hera as lead. Not sure, but youre doing it wrong. Post a YouTube video of it and we'll all take it apart.
    TL;DR : stop complaining you can't finish what is intended to be the hardest event tier this game has put out with a roster containing sub G12 toons and a squad that isn't optimized for synergy. People have already posted useful suggestions (EP zeta unique behind tanks, Tarkin) so clearly there are many options and others are not subject to your RNG.

You claim as if I didn't complete it, I most certainly did. Every other Mythic event I have completed with just one or two G12 characters including this one. The difference is the amount of input I can possess on attempts. I understand it's hard but it's not nearly as frustrating as compared to the other Mythics. If all Mythics were this frustrating I wouldn't have a problem, but they're not.

@Naraic What I wish the look into the future is give the player's more chances to have input in their attempts. The 2 turn beginning volley with staggers, stuns, and occasional focus fire COULD result in me just staring at my phone watching all of them die only to get a few turns. Staring at my phone watching the AI play is not enjoyable before I can actually play the game. If It was just a one turn volley or just insane speed without turn meter start, I at least could make decisions to alter the outcome. They literally design RNG by starting with a 2 turn volley of destruction so you can play with what's left. I understand that's the difficulty of it, but it's a difficulty that's not fun.

Personally I would rather them just increase their damage or faster cooldowns to increase difficultly instead. At least that is far more predictable and you can make choices to beat them. Currently the only choice you have is which 4 characters to bring in and what gear they're at. Other Mythics you can choose a leader, most of them you'll get a couple of turns to play because the enemy doesn't have staggers and stuns all over. That's at least player input.

Again, I have beaten it, I understand that adding a Zeta to Palp at G12 would be easier (like seriously no duh). Compared to other Mythics, this one is the least fun with a team comparable to the others used to beat R2, BB8, Yoda, and Palpitine Mythics because of how little input a player has in their choices overall. I have beaten all of those with 1-2 G12 guys as well and none of them (Except maybe BB8 but once the Zinn train goes it GOES) are as harsh on the player control.

I am not moaning cause I cannot beat it, it's that it's not fun to play because of lack of player control.

I'm not looking to fix the Thrawn event. I'm trying to advocate for better difficulty design IN THE FUTURE.