Raids and their impact on guilds

HokieFiend
445 posts Member
edited July 2018
One of the better things about this game is the community of like-minded SW fans that is created via guilds. When the tank raid came out a lot of the more casual (but still with dedicated daily players) were able to continue on and work towards completing heroic without much hassle. With the Sith raid, guild cannibalization (or people flat out giving up on the game) has been far worse due to the Traya shards.

Why make shards like this only available dependent on who you play with when the result is more people just getting fed up when their guild is decimated over it? Why not have them also be purchasable or farmable at a lower rate at a lower tier of the raid? People are still going to participate in raids if they are incentivized in a less destructive way to the player community.

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Personally, I disagree with offering Traya in other ways. It gives incentive to work on heroic, and a sense of accomplishment. Raids in MMOs have always been this way with heroics offering gear and other items that are not available elsewhere. I think it has been fine how it went with Han Solo and General Kenobi so I see no need to change it up with Traya. It is endgame content for a reason.

When HAAT came out it fractured guilds too. Either players hung around to help their guild get ready for the heroic raid and do the non-heroic version or they jumped ship to a guild more their level. My issue with the sith raid is that the non-heroic version is such a slog with meager rewards that it is so demoralizing.

With that said I do feel the sith raid is much less forgiving so it is harder for players to get their 2% per phase in. There just aren't many options that are capable of such scores. I like the challenge of the raid, just dislike the randomness of it. I'd prefer they just increased the viability of other teams, and made the lower tiers less demoralizing for guilds that aren't ready for heroic yet.
  • Mzee wrote: »
    Personally, I disagree with offering Traya in other ways. It gives incentive to work on heroic, and a sense of accomplishment. Raids in MMOs have always been this way with heroics offering gear and other items that are not available elsewhere. I think it has been fine how it went with Han Solo and General Kenobi so I see no need to change it up with Traya. It is endgame content for a reason.

When HAAT came out it fractured guilds too. Either players hung around to help their guild get ready for the heroic raid and do the non-heroic version or they jumped ship to a guild more their level. My issue with the sith raid is that the non-heroic version is such a slog with meager rewards that it is so demoralizing.

With that said I do feel the sith raid is much less forgiving so it is harder for players to get their 2% per phase in. There just aren't many options that are capable of such scores. I like the challenge of the raid, just dislike the randomness of it. I'd prefer they just increased the viability of other teams, and made the lower tiers less demoralizing for guilds that aren't ready for heroic yet.

Yes, exactly , very well said