New raid idea :)

So I know alot of people have been wanting a ship raid, but between the rng dependent ships 2.0 and the major backlash of rng dependent Sith triumvirate raid, I feel this would be a firestorm waiting to happen. So I've come up with a bare-bones idea for a raid that "could be" a huge success. So here we go!

"Celestial carnage"

Phase one- the daughter- dark side characters only

Phase two-the brother-light side characters only

Phase three- the father- neutral

Phase four- abbaloth- neutral

That's all I really have because I want YOUR ideas on difficulty, mechanics and reward structure. This is our opportunity to design a feasible and enjoyable raid experience as a community, all feedback light and dark is welcome, but I do kindly ask two small things
1. Please don't use this thread to talk about a ship raid as I've covered that in the first section
2. Please don't use this thread to complain about existing content as there are many other threads for these topics

Thanks for reading!

Replies

• Star_Lord1718
    380 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Nice idea
    518 posts Member
    "A lot of people have been waiting for a Ship Raid"... LMAO, nobody would really wants that as Ships 2.0 is clearly as boring as it was before :')

On the other hand, your idea is really great. But wouldn't it be better to have something new in it ? Like a sort of reinforcement such as : When the Brother reach 50% health or less, Dark Side Anakin join the fight with him. All allies gain a buff that cannot be dispelled "Wisdom of the Father" that grants 50% Defense, Offense and 100% counterchance".

I love the idea anyway, unfortunately I'm afraid this won't ever happen.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    If I were to design a raid around this idea, here's what I'd do:

Phase 1: The Daughter. Only dark side characters may enter. The Daughter cleanses herself of debuffs after every turn, which cannot be prevented. Additionally, at the end of every 5th turn, the daughter gains a new buff that cannot be dispelled. At the end of the 20th turn for the daughter, she gains damage immunity, which cannot be dispelled or prevented. There is no enrage timer. After every 5th turn for the daughter, any player character lost in the battle is replaced with the son. He will assist for the remainder of the battle.

Phase 2: The Son. Only light side characters may enter. The Son copies all buffs on the player's team, and replaces them with a debuff after every turn. Additionally, at the end of every 5th turn, the son prevents the enemy team from gaining a certain buff for the remainder of the battle. After his 20th turn, the son inflicts the reflection debuff on all enemies (reflection would reflect all damage to the character attacking), which cannot be dispelled or prevented.

Phase 3: The Father. All characters may enter. The Father neither uses buffs nor inflicts debuffs. He simply adjusts to the enemy team. Every time you attack him, he gains defense. Every time you land a debuff, he gains tenacity. Every time you use TM reduction, he gets faster. After his 20th turn, he summons the son and the daughter to assist him.

Phase 4: Abeloth. All characters may enter. Abeloth is the perverse interpretation of the father. Every time you attack her, she gains offense. Every time you land a debuff, she gains potency. Every time you use TM reduction, she slows you down. On every 5th turn, Abeloth will abduct a player character, and copy their features for a pawn. Any characters abducted can will be replaced by the Son, Daughter, or Father. On her 20th turn, all previously abducted characters from every player in the raid are recreated to assist Abeloth.

My focus, here, is on getting rid of the enrage mechanic, which I find annoying. In its place, I have placed mechanics that should see players challenged with odds that aren't entirely insurmountable.
  • This isnt a bad mock up. Enrage is ridiculous and horrible. But i am curious as to how you envision "gains damage immunity which cannot be dispelled or prevented" as being not entirely insurmountable.
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    Rockstar wrote: »
    This isnt a bad mock up. Enrage is ridiculous and horrible. But i am curious as to how you envision "gains damage immunity which cannot be dispelled or prevented" as being not entirely insurmountable.

Whoops, hers was supposed to simply be not dispelled. Preventable, though, like General Grievous' special buff for the tank.

Another main focus for me was making a raid that no one team can beat, without relying on making the various phases immune to everything. For me, that means making each stage radically different from the others.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    I also have an idea for a raid... it's called the Sith Triumvirate Raid &...

Wait... it's been done... now they just need to fix it =/

Don't encourage them to release even more content when they refuse to fix (or even a knowledge problems with) the content they currently have.
  • Nothing about this is meant to encourage cg, nothing in their recent actions suggests that can even be done, I just wanted to post something that has been floating my dome for awhile. If I can bring a few others in on the project all the better. Corrog has already fleshed out some awesome mechanics that would be quite fun to play. In not sure how I feel about the "enrage alternative" seems like it would play out very similar to enrage. Like if all my damage is being reflected back at me what's the point of attacking still? Now if it was a percentage reflected that could work but we are off to a great start!