HK47 - Old Republic tag????

Boo
4134 posts Member
With the release of more KOTOR characters, and more yet to come - the tag Old Republic is now in-game.
As HK47 followed Revan along with the likes of Bastial, Jolee Bindo, T3M4, Mission Vao and Zalbaar - should HK47 get an "Old Republic" tag.

I think he should - what does everyone else think?

HK47 - Old Republic tag???? 25 votes

Yes HK47 deserves an Old Republic tag
96%
SarcodinoBooTeagueSTRIKEBOMBRoken_FettTAZZZOOOBistan_Loverdennishsnyder57KyJoe_CoolCahhmaktRiffinatorJK_47Ryan495678Nocturnal_GlowJammaxIy4oy4sKyleStark99WombatJediKnightKnightofCybertorn99Calastar 24 votes
No HK47 does not get an Old Republic tag
4%
Sebek 1 vote

Replies

• dennishsnyder57
    478 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So should Traya, Sion and Nihilus...Visas Marr...

...and depending on your POV, Gamorrean Guard, they were very much there in the Old Rep.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I don't know about them as the served the Sith (excluding gamorrean). The Sith served themselves and did not serve the republic, old or new, lol.

But I see what you mean - if it is merely and era tag rather than faction then I'd agree. Again - excluding Gamorrean, he's just a little piggy, lol
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    That would mean that General Grievous would get a Galactic Republic tag then. Too weird
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    So should Traya, Sion and Nihilus...Visas Marr...

...and depending on your POV, Gamorrean Guard, they were very much there in the Old Rep.

Definitely Visas for sure she deserves the ld Republic tag as she went to the light side in serving the Jedi Exile and helped save the galaxy, therefore she deserves an Old republic tag not only in regard to era, but faction as well.
  • Yes HK47 deserves an Old Republic tag
    For starters, yes. @dennishsnyder57 I DO think that all of those whom you said (Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Visas Marr, and yes, Gamorrean Guard) should all be listed as Old Republic. I'll even go one step further... Sith Trooper, Sith Assasin, AND Sith Marauder should have the tag too. Why? Because...
    Boo wrote: »
    But I see what you mean - if it is merely an era tag rather than faction then I'd agree.

of what @Boo said.

I'll even add this. If we're also going based on timeline and era now, rather than just based on each one's affiliation of which faction they served, then we should include ALL characters from that timeline and era. For example, krennic deathtrooper and shoretrooper would get the Rogue One tag as well. Even though they are Dark Side.

Also.
    SeanutB wrote: »
    That would mean that General Grievous would get a Galactic Republic tag then. Too weird

Call me crazy but I for one don't think it's weird. Lol at myself. @SeanutB Like I said. If we're also going based on era and timeline in addition to the faction, rather than just merely the faction, then I would definitely say that General Grievous deserves to be listed as Galactic Republic. And he could still be listed as Dark Side.

Just like HK-47 should be listed as Old Republic.

Imo it should go regardless of any toon being Light Side or Dark Side.

But then again. What do I know. I thought the Vets, who are Light Side, should've had the Resistance tag. Ahh well. Move along... move along... ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    For starters, yes. @dennishsnyder57 I DO think that all of those whom you said (Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Visas Marr, and yes, Gamorrean Guard) should all be listed as Old Republic. I'll even go one step further... Sith Trooper, Sith Assasin, AND Sith Marauder should have the tag too. Why? Because...
    Boo wrote: »
    But I see what you mean - if it is merely an era tag rather than faction then I'd agree.

of what @Boo said.

I'll even add this. If we're also going based on timeline and era now, rather than just based on each one's affiliation of which faction they served, then we should include ALL characters from that timeline and era. For example, krennic deathtrooper and shoretrooper would get the Rogue One tag as well. Even though they are Dark Side.

I agree and don't feel it is appropriate - Old Republic Sith, should not get the Old Republic tag, as they served the sith faction. But Visas clearly should, as her character is considered Lightside - and she was serving the Jedi Exile and the republic at that time. Same logic goes for HK47 - but his character remained dark.