How to beat Thrawn tier VII

Having a hard time beating thrawn tier 7. All my Pheonix’s Are at Level 84. All omegas but Chopper. Chopper is level 7 on all abilities. Ezra is g9 and the rest at 8. Mods are all nearly at 15. What am I missing?

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited July 2018

Level 15 on all mods is key for the max set bonus. +10% versus 5% Potency, or +5% max health on a tank instead of 2.5%...

Chopper's Omega really helps as everyone heals each turn. Mountains of protection. Speed isn't as critical as people make it out to be. Survivability is key. Being able to eat a fracture without dying, for example.

Here's my mod setup. All 85. Uniques omega'd plus some basics. Two omegas each. Except Chopper only ended up doing his unique so I could save the 5 for Thrawn.

Hera G8+4, 170- 6 health mods, protection on triangle and circle. Tenacity on cross. Speed on arrow.

Chopper G8+4, 209- 6 health mods, protection on triangle, circle, and arrow (15 speed secondary), tenacity on cross.

Zeb G8+3, 132- 2 health 4 potency, protection on circle and triangle, potency on cross. Speed on arrow (actually forgot to put the 5-dot one from my arena FOST. He only had a 1-dot speed arrow). Potency 65%.

Kanan G8+3, 111 - 4 health, 2 Crit chance. Protection on triangle, circle and arrow (13 speed secondary), tenacity on cross.

Ezra G9+4, 173 - 4 offence, 2 health. Health on circle. Crit damage on triangle. Tenacity on cross. Speed on arrow.

Pretty straightforward if you avoid Thrawn until the end, unless he has daze/stun. DT's first, ST's, then Papa Smurf. The tenacity helped a ton as they were rarely debuffed except for the unavoidable Fracture.

First try, all with health/protection by the end. Kanan and Zeb utilized backup plan off of fracture, that was it.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Tenacity primary on cross is useless. Unless you get your tenacity well over 100%, you're still getting debuufed.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    I beg to differ. Rarely was debuffed the entire final battle but ok...
  • http://swgoh.gg/u/hellsteeth30/squads/106127/

I did it with that. I still had only Ezra and Hera left at the end.

Zeb's unique actually gave me that little bit of extra edge. I still feel I got lucky on the run I got him 7*.

Keep at it, you'll get *that* run eventually.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Thank you for the response. I will give it a try. I am still learning the Mods.
  • Finally beat Level 7 Thrawn!! Thank you all for all your advice!! Definitely need a lot of Protection on the mods, Use Zeb on all the assists, and cross your fingers!!!
  • What did I tell you, that run is always around the corner.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I hear you mate. I did over 50 attempts to get Thrawn including lots of mod changing and experimenting. All of them were on 85, Ezra g10, Chopper g9, hera g8, zeb g8, kanan g8 with everyone over 200+ speed and still it was hell. Finally when I decided to record how hard it is I just beat him... was a funny and relieving moment, but at least done! Gj for you!
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    @Kal_ElBrooks75

Congrats!
  • Hey here others little tips if that can help littles levels (under 80) for next time.

Luck is the most important thing, like always. But other than that :
    - No need for level 80 or 85, but let say at least 76.
    - No need for a full group full gear 9 or more. Me i had it at 76 (took me 15 trys. I tried 100+ times at 75 without kanan g9 and no omega with no result.) with only two characters G9 : Kanan (g9+1), Ezra (g9+2). Others in G8 : Hera (g8+4), Chopper (g8+3), Zeb (g8+1).
    - Pretty big need of good mods ! Everyone have good mods, if everyone farm it a bit and does marquees. Health mods are good enough, remember it. But not 1, 2 or 3 stars, please. You just have now to follow the tutorials on crouchingrancor for example. Or to know good guys who can help you by telling you where a mod go or another. Mods are really really important. Really.
    - Omega on the first skill of Ezra and Zeb. Forget the rest, at 76 you can’t omega uniques. Those two omegas are quite enough.

Good luck !
  • How I won Tier VII, with least effort.
    《NO ZETA》
    Chopper IX, 85/7☆, 20 Omegas
    Hera VIII, 85/7☆, 15 Omegas
    Zeb VIII, 85/7☆, 15 Omegas
    K' VIII, 85/7, 15 Omegas
    Ezra VIII, 85/7, 15 Omegas

On Top I used my Arena Mods, all effectivity?!
    ●●●●●, lvl 15, all Secondary Speed +200

With this Chopper scenario, make sure Chopper has most Speed. Did it at 3rd Try, it's tactic and RNG.

The Sabine Way requires higher Gear Level Toons to make through. Of course you can gear
    up More if you have the resources.