Territory War-Constantly Unbalanced

ShadowHunterI3
16 posts Member
edited July 2018
Just curious-if the Territory Wars are supposed to be using a formula to calculate "even" matches, why are some guilds constantly facing teams 30-40 mil GP higher than them? And after being dismantled by the opposing guilds, why is an easier guild, (or an opponent within a few mil GP) is not selected for the next TW?

Just seems like my guild has been going up against guilds at a much more advanced stage than we are. We are ~83 mil but are playing ~110-125 mil range normally. I am just curious what model you all are using that indicates that two guilds are balanced when faced with that disparity? (Our opponent is ~117 mil this time)

Replies

• Guilds matching not by overall GP, but by number of participants and then algorytms trying to find guild with similar roster, so yoy will not face 15 Traya teams while you have none. So, if 28 pplz from your guild entered TW, then same 28 pplz entered from that 115m guild either, and your overall GP and roster is actually very close.
  • Well, we typically have ~45 people enter...and the other team is always stacked with teams that are way too powerful for us to take down. We have some JTR's, just not 40+ like our teams seem to have.

Does this mean that only ~30ppl (Or calculation to get to our GP) are entering for opposing teams?
    518 posts Member
    It sometimes happens that guild have higher power within their own participant than yours. That might be due to the fact they have to find guild that matches with yours and I think it's sometimes not balance because no guild are left with the same GP as yours.
  • I might be wrong here, or missing the point, but...

As far as I know, there's no way of knowing the opposing guild's active GP? So what you are comparing is total GP, whereas the matching is based on active GP, correct?

If so, that would be comparing apples to pears. Total GP matters not in TW, it all comes down to active GP.
  • @DarthKirren you may have a valid point. I will count all of the active opponents that attack/defend and add up their GP. If their active is equivalent to ours I could see it being balanced.

Although, 20 players with GP's that are equivalent to 45 players will theoretically demolish the 45 players still.
  • Our last GW was pretty much against one guy it seemed.

The first two segments had mostly his teams in it along with some others. I think he must have had nearly every team and/combo in the game.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • @Hellsteeth30 and going up against one super strong guy can really throw the scale they are using out the window. Probably still full squads with good abilities.

His bottom teams will be great teams and our bottom teams are trash against anyone. The characters barely above 6k that are not worth the time of day and fluff our number but don't provide any substance.
  • His absolute worst team was a G9/10 Ewok squad.

Usually I can't do much attack wise as my best team (Phoenix) is on defence. My best attack team (read: ONLY attack team is a poorly thrown together WIP Empire team).

What I usually do is hit weakened or weak off the bat teams to save the big guys a squad.

Our leader has about 2.8 million GP in total and the very worst high end player we have is about 1 mil (At least one G12 squad I think). Mine is a mighty 515K, mind you about 2-300 K has come on fairly swiftly since moving guilds

We usually win around our bracket (25-30 mil active). To be honest I think they let players in TW too early at 65, causes a lot of disparity in team quality.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • ShadowHunterI3
    16 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @GC_SBCrumb do you have any recommendations for guilds to get more balanced fights? We are willing to do what you recommend to be able to compete. (We just got smoked by 5-6k points in the last one)
  • Completely mismatched every time. Losing is the norm in my guild. I consistently cannot defeat any opponent. The only thing I can do for points is go full on defense, but I don't as that would make it worse. Instead, just a few teams on defense, then fight one or two losing attacks, then quit through sheer pointlessness.