Get rid of the 10 minute cooldown?

Please consider getting rid of the 10 minute cooldown. In my opinion, this is something MSF does much better than SWGOH. In my mind, there's no reason for it other than to make me NEEDLESSLY wait 10 minutes (unless someone has some excuse for it I can't think of) to do something I was going to do 10 minutes ago anyways. With MSF, I can use all my attempts immediately with no waiting, and it's much better.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    it drops to 2 min at level 85.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Even then, there is no reason whatsoever for the timer, same as the timer in arena
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The timer in Arena is there for a good reason, so you can't chain lock a position till payout unless you spend crystals.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    The timer in Arena is there for a good reason, so you can't chain lock a position till payout unless you spend crystals.

You can though... just never hit the continue button at the end of your battle & you're locked as long as the app doesn't close.

The timers are really pointless.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »

You can though... just never hit the continue button at the end of your battle & you're locked as long as the app doesn't close.

The timers are really pointless.

this is wrong, once battle is over time wise people can battle you again, pausing battle or not pressing continue doesn't matter
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Ok... if you say so.

I somehow doubt this has changed in the year and a half since it was first reported.

But... hey... maybe you know. /shrug
  • I've had plenty of times I lock myself 7 minutes before PO pause and then just don't look at phone when I check back and continue the time has run out and it's a draw and I dropped some spots. Its the same with raids like rancor when you see the continue part the score is already posted so server side it's processed.

I'll try it out later today as I share a shard with a guild mate so easy to check and be sure
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Even then, there is no reason whatsoever for the timer, same as the timer in arena

The idea for timers like this in any game is so "you have to check in". There is a point, I agree the 10 min timer is a little overkill, and it seems they do too, which is why they lower it when you get "into the game" at least at a certain level.

Yes the arena timer has a purpose.
  • I agree the timer for arena is necessary, but I don't think challenge timer is. Having 5 challenge sim "uses" with a 10 minute cooldown means I'm waiting around 40 minutes to use them all. If the issue is being online and playing, GW already sucks more than an hour of my every day away. Don't need challenge timers adding to that.
  • Multi task, Do a challenge, do a couple nodes, repeat.

Yes, I could do that. But games are supposed to be fun, not tedious. ;)
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    In my day we had to wait 10 hours between challenges, and we had to walk uphill to do them and to get back from doing them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Yes, I could do that. But games are supposed to be fun, not tedious. ;)

Lol, it is fun, you are essentially a brand new player. There is a fair amount to figure out and get a handle on. But , this is a very grindy long range planning RESOURCE management type collection game. If you are after instant gratification, or rapid development, that either requires massively large amounts of money, or a different game type.
  • PinBallWizard
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2018
    This Re connection after idle for ten minutes (feature??) would be fine if.... It didn't take nearly ten minutes to reconnect! I will flat out stop playing/paying this game if it continues.

Please consider a different way to resolve the issues you were trying to address. At bare minimum, you need to extend the timeout duration, and not by just 5 minutes. Or improve (Decrease) the time it takes to login would be even better! Then id be ok if you set a 15 min timeout, auto logout timer.

My spend rate is embarrassingly high for this game, so I doubt you want to lose this revenue...On the other hand, if this continues, I will save a bunch of $$, and will finally have a good reason to stop playing and spending on this game after multiple years of playing and tons of $$ thrown at it..

thnx,

PinBallWizard