Modding GK as a secondary tank?

So I'm currently running Titans+OB-GK but I'm gonna do some test runs with Titans+OB-R2, which for those unaware will be zCLS lead/zOld Ben/ZRhan/Thrawn/GK. Chances are R2 will perform better but I wanna give a 2 taunt squad a chance. Every once in a while I'll pretty much auto-lose if Vader manages to get a culling blade against Han before I can taunt with OB, so I want to do some testing to determine whether or not his auto attack stun/smoke screen works better at keeping my dps alive.

So as a secondary tank whose sole purpose is to eat fracture and taunt with an occasional lead the charge what should my mods look like? Do I go with the usual 'best secondary speed per slot', or do I focus more on defensive stats?

Help!

Replies

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    I have gk as my only tank in a rex, thrawn, mother, wampa, gk team. I think it's important to have him as fast as possible. Here's mine:

https://swgoh.gg/u/nojhaslam/collection/213/general-kenobi/
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Keep in mind GK doesn't need a turn to taunt. If Vader does Force Crush, that's four chances ro crit an ally, which will make GK taunt and take the culling blade.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Keep in mind GK doesn't need a turn to taunt. If Vader does Force Crush, that's four chances ro crit an ally, which will make GK taunt and take the culling blade.

Yeah that's the main reason I want to squeeze him back in
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    The strongest iteration of that team...personal opinion thru trial and error :

zzzCLS(L), zHan, zEzra, zzOB, GK
  • Aren’t you shooting Vader with a Raid Han at the start of the battle anyway? Vader shouldn’t be Culling Blading anyone in the first game turn.
  • Aren’t you shooting Vader with a Raid Han at the start of the battle anyway? Vader shouldn’t be Culling Blading anyone in the first game turn.

That's correct, however due to TM gain Vader is able to go before I get a taunt off. Well I mean I COULD taunt but I prefer to ability block with OB his first turn.