Business model

I really have to wonder what the business model for this game is. Are you hoping to attract gamblers, is that it?

If you offered a straightforward system that allowed purchases of toons, credits that don’t run on a lottery system, or shards that don’t pool from a list of 12 toons maybe you can increase your revenues and keep this game going. Every single purchase you offer revolves around some element of “chance”. Either publish the drop rates, or just move to a more conventional system. “If you give us x we’ll give you y.”

I spend a fair amount of money on this game and I’m here to tell you that I will never spend a dime on credits, the amount you ask for, when based upon the minimums, is too high yet you rarely stick the carrot out there for people and allow maximum payouts. If you run the math, you have to hit the jackpot like 30x in order to succeed!

I buy crystals primarily for energy in the game. It has helped me acquire the shards I need for the characters I love. You then offer no consistent way to give those toons the abilities they so desperately need to be actually viable. The last ability materials sale was in May! Since then you’ve released how many toons? 11? The current bottleneck is credits and abilities... if you can’t give us a way to deal with these inequities I’m afraid I just won’t be able to spend my money here anymore.

Replies

• Sorry bud, but I don't think 1 person going f2p will affect them much when they pull 10+ million a month.. but I do have to agree, id be more inclined to purchase things like you said with the "if you give us x you get y" thing.
  • You’re right, I’m no “whale” by any stretch of the imagination... but I do think I am reflective of many people. Whenever a new guy comes into our guild system and asks about purchases, he gets nothing but “It’s a scam!”, “Don’t do it!” or “Know what you’re getting before you buy.” advice from just about everyone. Most of them are F2P now, but used to make purchases in the past.

They asked for feedback, and here’s mine. They can take it or leave it. :)
  • Maybe not actual gambling addicts, but they are definitely targeting that aspect of everyone's personalities. The problem is that its working, this aspect of gaming is not going away.