Updates on the update?

Hey devs can we maybe get an update when all this new stuff is coming? And maybe actually put the kit reveals on the official forums instead of third party websites and videos? I’d like to READ about Sith Fighter, Mission Vao, and Zaalbaar instead of watching YouTube videos and going to Reddit.

Replies

• It would make sense. I thought they hired someone to do this but we haven't seen too much of him.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    More stuff not on the forums?

tenor.gif?itemid=3544647
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Goooooooood, I hope they have the omega bundle come with these new characters, I need lots and lots of omegas
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Guys, in a previous communication blog they have stated that communication is being done across 3 platforms, here, reddit and you tube. Sometime information is posted here first, sometimes in the other places. Its does all eventually get put here.

While you may not like that, I sure dont, it doesn't mean they aren't communicating with the player base.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Videos are up of Mission and Zaalbar too. No news on the forums though.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Guys, in a previous communication blog they have stated that communication is being done across 3 platforms, here, reddit and you tube. Sometime information is posted here first, sometimes in the other places. Its does all eventually get put here.

While you may not like that, I sure dont, it doesn't mean they aren't communicating with the player base.

This is all true, and I still don't like it. I shouldn't learn about things here when someone says "hey look what I found somewhere else." What's the point of an official forum if not to notify us of new stuff?

Honestly I would have left for reddit long ago if I didn't hate reddit so much.
  • Monel wrote: »

It’s not too much to ask that the content gets posted simultaneously across all 3 platforms though. Surely the devs recognize that it’s a really bad look for the first mention of new content on their official forums to be players complaining (completely fairly) that it’s being posted in a gaudy, tedious format on a third party site instead of in plain text on the official site.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So does blind work like it does in MSF?? The toon misses next attack??
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    So does blind work like it does in MSF?? The toon misses next attack??

Yes. Ahnold just posted a video showcasing the 2.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

It’s not too much to ask that the content gets posted simultaneously across all 3 platforms though. Surely the devs recognize that it’s a really bad look for the first mention of new content on their official forums to be players complaining (completely fairly) that it’s being posted in a gaudy, tedious format on a third party site instead of in plain text on the official site.

I don't think it is either, it's just not going to happen as they have stated.
  • Yeah, don't really like the Youtube videos that much.

"LOOK THIS IS AWESOME MAXED OUT ON 7* with a G12 PILOT!!"

Most of us don't have test accounts, and some of us don't much care for Reddit either. Bioware does that as well, and Cryptic for that matter. Literally anywhere that isn't an official forum.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Cridiron
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2018

I have to assume they realize it's a bad look yes, but I also have to assume they just dont care.... sad but historically true.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
  • I don't mind seeing new characters in game changer videos since I already watch one or two of them but a lot of people don't, and don't want to have to watch the videos to get game updates and info. I'll say it again, this forum is a joke