What is the point of these forums now?

New information about things like T3-M4 being an early release for Android get announced on Reddit.

New toons and kits are revealed by game changers on YouTube.

Suggestions and feedback are ignored.

Promises of better communication are broken. No one from CG ever says anything here that is even mildly relevant to the issues that are most discussed in the community.

News is only posted after it first goes out first somewhere else.

Seriously, what is the point of these forums right now? Arguing with the few white knight regular posters who believe it their sacred duty to defend CG in every thread? Why not just disband the forums altogether and send everyone to Reddit if that’s where you prefer to communicate?

Replies

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Hope. I heard that rebellions are built on it. Maybe one day it will be better and we will get word about the update STR rewards, multi bronzium pulls, selling back excess gear, GG rework...etc etc...you know, what the people want to know.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    It does annoy me that game changers post before the official game communications are released. Given the timing with which the game changers release, I believe they have to get permission from CG about when they can post.

I would like to see concurrent information - release here at the same time as the game changers. Each Game Changer can release their video with their impressions, but I prefer coming here and seeing everything direct from the developers.
  • New players can generally find info here that helps them. Other than that this forum is a joke
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    The point of this forum is complaining.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

Exactly. These forums are toxic. If folks here were pleasant and fun to work with perhaps they’d interact here more. When people are toxic the best thing to do is ignore and reduce interaction with them.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    The point is for mods to move threads... Like this one will in a second

Exactly. These forums are toxic. If folks here were pleasant and fun to work with perhaps they’d interact here more. When people are toxic the best thing to do is ignore and reduce interaction with them.

Well.... I mean... bye???
  • Hrmm, do they ignore us because we're toxic, or are we toxic because they ignore us?

One begats the other in every situation.

We were all like "Yeah @CG_RyDiggs is awesome"

Then he failed us.

We were all like "Yeah @CG_Carrie is awesome"

Then she failed us.

We were all like "Yeah @CG_SBCrumb is awesome"

Then he failed us.

So tell me again, the players caused this...
  • It's a place to toast marshmallows after an update goes bad.
  • Well where else do we voice our concerns if not the official forum. Granted, I'm one of the more acerbic posters around here.

When CG rock up and say "we're going to do what you wanted but also do this!! (mods, we wanted management we're getting a load of resource intensive rubbish as well by the looks of things.

The Sith raid which rewards anybody NOT doing Heroic on the reg with a piece of paper saying "YOU'RE WINNER!", is still giving said reward after god knows how long. Longer than I've been playing at least. They show no signs of caring.

We complain, we get ignored, then we complain some more. Granted you can't please everybody, in my case I'd still find fault if the game was 99.99999999% close to perfection. Complaints get louder the more you ignore them, ask anybody who has young kids.

They do suffer complacence because the direct competition has completely and utterly screwed the pooch for some reason.

To be fair there's fault on both sides but "LAH LAH LAH we're listening but not really" will not help. Hiding on Reddit won't help much either.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Are you familiar with the phrase "urinating in the wind".
  • c1ever_pun wrote: »
    Are you familiar with the phrase "urinating in the wind".

no. in actual fact i ve never heard that one before

I’m sorry, but this is nonsense. Every game that has ever had an official forum has people who complain, and devs are never going to please everyone, but there is nothing unique about the player base in this game that makes the forums toxic. The forums are toxic because they are horribly managed, communication from the devs is non-existent and the community’s feedback is ignored like no other game I’ve seen. I’m not blaming the mods for forum management, btw. They do as good a job as you could ever expect from volunteer moderators.

I played The Old Republic MMO for the first couple of years from launch. I participated in its forums. People complained about balance or whatever else, but the forums had a different atmosphere because the devs listened and communicated. They patched things when the balance was messed up. They offered legitimate rewards for completing raid content. They extensively beta tested content updates before releasing them. When the consensus was clear that a change to something like rewards was horribly received, they responded. That game was far from perfect, but it at least felt like the devs cared what players thought. That is totally absent here.

Maybe this has something to do with the business model. An MMO like Old Republic relies on subscribers and then later on vanity chests. A mobile freemium game is far more dependent on whales. Perhaps the predatory business model feeds the indifference from the developers. But it is grossly unfair to blame the players for a bad atmosphere on the forums when those who do give feedback are ignored and repeated promises to improve communication are broken.
  • Hrmm, do they ignore us because we're toxic, or are we toxic because they ignore us?

One begats the other in every situation.

We were all like "Yeah @CG_RyDiggs is awesome"

Then he failed us.

We were all like "Yeah @CG_Carrie is awesome"

Then she failed us.

We were all like "Yeah @CG_SBCrumb is awesome"

Then he failed us.

So tell me again, the players caused this...

Maybe we need another dev to have a forum meltdown like @CG_RyDiggs so we can get some apology communication. We just need to find a dev willing to take the fall.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    I have a lot of thoughts on this topic. I can't express them unless I want a vacation. That's part of the problem.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • c1ever_pun wrote: »
    Are you familiar with the phrase "urinating in the wind".

My dad always said “spitting into a strong south wind,” but the sentiment was the same.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb care to drop by and comment?? The silence is getting deafening.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb I’ll take no response as a hard no......
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    bring back @EA_Jesse @CG_Kozispoon + @CG_RyDiggs
    remember the days when they actually spoke to the player base
    you guys are badly missed
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Bumpity bump bump. Ignoring a problem usually doesn’t make it go away.
  • TVF
    36528 posts Member
    It seems to here though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    TVF wrote: »
    I have a lot of thoughts on this topic. I can't express them unless I want a vacation. That's part of the problem.

I, for one, am interested in what your opinion is on this. You really think you'd get banned for It?

I mean... I get banned all the time... but usually not for calling them out on this type of stuff.

EDIT: I wonder if I'll get banned for saying I get banned... that would be a new one.