Content Update 7/25/2018 [MEGA]

Prev13456
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited July 2018
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes!
We’re continuing the celebration of the 15th Anniversary of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic with the following Content Release today, 7/25/18.

NEW CHARACTERS
Mission Vao, the wisecracking street urchin, and Zaalbar, her exiled Wookiee companion, bonded together on the rough streets of Taris' lower city.

In addition to these Scoundrels, T3-M4 has rolled his way onto the holotable! This unique Droid brings his fellow droids some much needed support with healing and some powerful buffs.
T3-M4 and his Marquee event are available exclusively on Android for a limited-time! He will appear on all other platforms at a later date!

Finally, the highly aggressive Sith Fighter is here! Power up your Sith Assassin and take her to the skies in the Sith Fighter and decimate your opponents in Fleet Arena. Sith Fighter packs quite a punch and can cut through protection with ease on debuffed enemies.

For further details, check out the Character Strategy and Kit Reveals below:

EVENTS

Legends of the Old Republic III
We've partnered with the Google Play Store to bring T3-M4 early to Android phones! iOS user? Don't worry, as this rambunctious little Droid will be available on all platforms soon! This event will yield enough shards of T3-M4 to unlock him at 3-stars.
  • Event begins: July 26th (Google Play Devices Only)
  • Level requirements for event: 20+
  • Forced Ally: T3-M4

Out of the Black
The Sith Assassin has taken to the skies with the new Sith fighter ship! The Sith fighter is an agile attacker that packs a serious punch and can tear through enemy defenses. This event will yield enough blueprints of the Sith Fighter to unlock a 3-star version of the ship.
  • Event begins: July 26th
  • Forced Ally: Sith Fighter

Legends of the Old Republic IV
Mission is a strong attacker that can Blind enemies, causing them to miss their next attack!
This event will yield enough shards of Mission Vao to unlock her at 3-stars.
  • Event begins: July 27th
  • Forced Ally: Mission Vao

Legends of the Old Republic V
Zaalbar, or "Big Z,” can hold his own as a reliable tank while shredding the enemy team's defenses! This event will yield enough shards of Zaalbar to unlock him at 3-stars.
  • Event begins: July 27th
  • Forced Ally: Zaalbar

MOD COST REDUCTION
The cost to level up a mod has been reduced starting today! Collect and upgrade more mods to strengthen your squads!
p3l0ga5t454o.png

NEW MECHANIC: BLIND

Mission Vao has a new status effect attached to her Special 1 ability, Blind, but how does it work? Characters that are affected by Blind have a 100% chance to miss their next attack if able. The Blind debuff is “consumed” when the affected character activates an ability against an enemy that can evade and the attack misses. Here are some scenarios where Blind will not have an effect.

How does this work with Stuns or Unavoidable Attacks?
Unavoidable attacks do not interact with evade at all. Therefore if a unit uses an unavoidable attack while Blinded, it will not consume Blindbecause the expiration condition for Blindwas not met.

A character affected by Stun cannot evade at all. Therefore Blind is not consumed if the target is stunned as the target cannot evade.

SHARD SHUFFLE
The following units have entered new locations:
  • Young Lando Calrissian is available in Chromium Packs and Shipments.
  • L3-37 is available in Chromium Packs and Shipments.
  • Range Trooper is now available in Chromium Packs and Shipments.

The following characters are now farmable in the following locations:
Vandor Chewbacca
  • Dark Side Hard 4-D
  • Replaces Stormtrooper (Still available in 2 other locations)

Young Han Solo
  • Guild Store Shipments

PACKS AND BUNDLES
Sith Order Bundle
This bundle is only available to players for 7 days once they reach level 20. Use this limited opportunity to gain Darth Sidious shards, Credits, XP Training Droids, Ability Materials, and Gear that you will need to get him started. Unlock this iconic character today!
Bundle Includes:
  • Darth Sidious Shards (x80)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Date available: July 25th
Maximum # purchases: 1
Minimum Level requirements: 20+

Heroes of Legend: T3-M4 Pack
Each pack guarantees at least 5 shards for T3-M4 and may drop up to 330 SHARDS!
This pack is available exclusively on Android for a limited-time! It will appear on all other platforms at a later date!
Date available: July 26th (Google Play Devices Only)
1299 Crystals
Maximum # purchases: No Limit

Sith Fighter Pack
Each pack guarantees at least 5 Blueprints for Sith Fighter and may drop up to 330 SHARDS! In addition, each pack drops Ability Materials of each kind and Reinforcement Materials.
Date available: July 26th
1299 Crystals
Minimum Level requirements: 60+

Heroes of Legend: Mission Vao Pack
Each pack guarantees at least 5 shards for Mission Vao and may drop up to 330 SHARDS!
Date available: July 27
1299 Crystals

Heroes of Legend: Zaalbar Pack
Each pack guarantees at least 5 shards for Zaalbar and may drop up to 330 SHARDS!
Date available: July 27th
1299 Crystals

Heroes of Legend: T3-M4 Bundle
Bundle Includes:
  • T3-M4 Shards (x30)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
This pack is available exclusively on Android for a limited-time! It will appear on all other platforms at a later date!
Date available: July 26th (Google Play Devices Only)

Sith Fighter Bundle
Bundle Includes:
  • Sith Fighter Blueprints (x30)
  • Sith Assassin Shards (x50)
  • Credits
  • XP Training
  • Ability Materials
  • Gear
  • Reinforcement Materials
Date available: July 26th
Minimum Level requirements: 60+

Heroes of Legend: Mission Vao Bundle
Bundle Includes:
  • Mission Vao Shards (x30)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Date available: July 27

Heroes of Legend: Zaalbar Bundle
Bundle Includes:
  • Zaalbar Shards (x30)
  • Credits
  • XP Training Droids
  • Ability Mats
  • Gear
Date available: July 27th

FIXES
  • Updated the Military Might Event’s Counterwatch ability and buff descriptions to correctly reflect the ability’s functionality.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Baze Malbus from inflicting Defense Penetration Down after dispeling Defense Penetration Up with his Fierce Reprisal ability.
  • Fixed an issue that allowed Nightsister's (excluding Zombie) to be Revived by Mother Talzin’s “The Great Mother” if they were defeated with Deathmark active
  • Fixed an issue that was preventing Lobot from gaining Speed from his Parallel Processing ability.
  • Fixed an issue that could allow the target of Jolee's "Eh, You Do It" special ability to benefit from both healing effects once it has its max upgrade.
  • Fixed an issue with the final upgrade on Jolee's "Eh, You Do It" special ability that prevented other Jedi allies from recovering Health if the targeted ally was immune to healing.
  • Scimitar's Unique "Lurking Threat" will now correctly inflict Target Lock on enemy reinforcement after it is called in to battle as reinforcement.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Critical Chance effect on Dathcha's unique ability from updating correctly when Jawa allies are defeated or Revived.

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Update T3-M3’s Carbonite Projector Description - Text for T3-M4’s Carbonite Projector ability is confusing and implies the Turn Meter reduction is also irresistible.

Currently Reads: “Then remove 20% Turn Meter and inflict Critical Chance Down and Offense Down for 2 turns. Target Locked enemies can't Resist these debuffs.”

Will be changed in a following update to:

“Then, remove 20% Turn Meter and inflict Critical Chance Down and Offense Down for 2 turns. Target Locked enemies can't resist Critical Chance Down and Offense Down debuffs.”

DEV POST
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• Thanks for not putting young Han and Chewy on 20 energy hard nodes!
    Also thanks for fixing that lobot bug instead of the Sith raid.
  • and what is with apple/ios?
  • @CG_SBCrumb Does "Fixed an issue that allowed Nightsister Zombie to be Revived by Mother Talzin’s “The Great Mother” if Nightsister Zombie was defeated with Deathmark active" mean we can kill zombie with deathmark and she will not insta revive? This is not really clear
  • How far will we unlock T3M4? Wouldn't really be a promotion if it's only 3*
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Once again, CG sells out to money from Google and puts all iOS users at a disadvantage. Shame!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Liking the new mod prices. That's much more reasonable. I suspect there'll be a catch though along the road.

Oh and a nice fix to the Scimmie too.

Fighter is no good to me of course, far too many resources going elsewhere to farm and gear assassin in my current status.

Guess Vandor and Young Solo aren't too popular if they're where they are. Good to know though.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • I expected some type of credit compensation for all the mods we've invested in, only to have the amounts almost halved with this new release...are there plans to allow for "credit-free mod upgrades" to compensate for the millions of lost credits spent?
  • Wonder what they broke...
  • Upgraded a green mod to level 3 and the secondary stat increased. I thought when we leveled mods now the other secondaries would be revealed before a stat increase.
  • I expected some type of credit compensation for all the mods we've invested in, only to have the amounts almost halved with this new release...are there plans to allow for "credit-free mod upgrades" to compensate for the millions of lost credits spent?

Good one.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    ...Vandor Chewbacca is another single hard node character? Really? Wow, you guys are doing way too many of those. I guess we're just lucky that Young Han actually got put somewhere reasonable.
  • This is a competitive game, it is not acceptable to have platform exclusives, even for a limited time. All this does is make iOS players feel like 2nd class citizens and discourage us from spending money. Please avoid this sort of thing in the future.
  • Ybeler
    95 posts Member
    Upgraded a green mod to level 3 and the secondary stat increased. I thought when we leveled mods now the other secondaries would be revealed before a stat increase.

Really, oh men that’s confusing. What is with the new Mod Management? When do you release this?

• Please fix the bug where attack buttons disappear in the STR P3, horrible you lose whole run and have to shut game down, only to have it happen again sometimes in the next run @EA_Cian @EA_Jesse
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited July 2018
    yohann269 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Does "Fixed an issue that allowed Nightsister Zombie to be Revived by Mother Talzin’s “The Great Mother” if Nightsister Zombie was defeated with Deathmark active" mean we can kill zombie with deathmark and she will not insta revive? This is not really clear
    Just clarified it with the team and updated the notes, it's a fix for all Nightsisters EXCEPT Zombie
  • 91c7xb1j4u0o.png
    Any reason why the dates for Executrix and Endurance were flipped?sbrcbk2c2rbz.png
  • Meerava
    481 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb Does "Fixed an issue that allowed Nightsister Zombie to be Revived by Mother Talzin’s “The Great Mother” if Nightsister Zombie was defeated with Deathmark active" mean we can kill zombie with deathmark and she will not insta revive? This is not really clear

I'm confused about this too. When would Zombie be dead to be affected by The Great Mother anyway, since it always comes back at the end of each turn if a NS is alive, which I'm assuming Talzin would be in order to have The Great Mother affect Zombie anyway. Unless there's another character around like Ewok Elder to bring them back when dead, allowing Zombie to die. Seems like a really edge case scenario.

*Edit, clarification came when I was typing.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    Revan droid Limited time exclusive no IOS this sounds like an awesome idea good job!
  • GhostTruckin
    4020 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Thanks for clearing that up so quickly @CG_SBCrumb
  • Why not just tell us when the event will be available for everyone else that don’t have android? Why keep it a secret?
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Maelice wrote: »
    Why not just tell us when the event will be available for everyone else that don’t have android? Why keep it a secret?

It starts in 8 hours for Android and clearly states in announcement that it will be 2 weeks for iOS.
  • My mistake didn’t see the one line in a list of characters. I looked under the section mentioning the events that only said at a later date.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member

So then it seems y’all are nerfing zombie @CG_SBCrumb

It says when a night sister dies with death mark they will not be revived . Zombie will be revived as long as there is another night sister
  • Any update on the problems with mods introduced by last week's server update, @CG_SBCrumb?
  • I like the Kotor and look forward to the latest editions to my SWGOH collection,

Some important feedback @CG_Kozispoon, @CG_SBCrumb
    I think there are some serious issues that are either being ignored or there is a perception that they are being ignored and there is not enough clarity on firstly confirming some serious in game issues and secondly what if anything is being done about it, and if they are acknowledged when will these issues be addressed?

personally I am hoping with mod changes things will improve as at the moment (past 2 days) upgrades seem broken to me as I am experiencing issues the past few days and hoping this is not a game update bug, prior to the new mod system being introduced.. i.e. Defence upgrades very high and speed secondaries very very low 2 upgrades in a row of only 3, which does not feel like RNG but a change to the upgrade mechanism

To that effect as writing numerous amounts of text here I have summarised in a nice picture a top 5 things based on feedback from guild and arena shards (a section of players) views of the main issues and things that would go a long way to improving Quality of Life and helping the game improve...

I realise there is often a lot of negative, and you only have to read my tickets to the helpdesk that I can be one of those, but I want to keep this positive as only take time out to have a rant if it is important to us, and therefore should also be important to you as our Devs and Producers :-)

71z44fvv6bu8.jpg
  • Vice_torn
    599 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So when will the mod spicing stuff go live...

Or the changes to mod sets... Kinda in the dark when it comes to upgrading right now..
  • Yawn. More 3* toons for the next 2 years
  • @CG_SBCrumb u guys are ridiculous 3 more toons and a ship and no mat packs