Why would the sith fighter from the old republic be fighting x-wings?

I thought the sith fighter was from the old republic so I find it confusing that they would be fighting x-wings and u-wings

Replies

• Options
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    This is a collection game, you are playing a game within a game with “character cards” so you can fight anyone with anyone regardless of when or where they show up within the SW galaxy

Just curious because the devs talk about keeping the lore correctly that’s why they have Ewoks fight droids in ground assault instead of Jedi and clones
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    Options
    For the same reason that you can take Darth Nihilus in your squad when embarking on Phase I of the Sith Raid.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    This is a collection game, you are playing a game within a game with “character cards” so you can fight anyone with anyone regardless of when or where they show up within the SW galaxy

Just curious because the devs talk about keeping the lore correctly that’s why they have Ewoks fight droids in ground assault instead of Jedi and clones

That change was referenced for that series of events. Most aspects of the game do not have a lore background to them.
  • Options
    Fives5555 wrote: »
    I thought the sith fighter was from the old republic so I find it confusing that they would be fighting x-wings and u-wings
    I'm more confused by the Clone trooper username matched with the Boba profile pic. ;)

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Because the art looks cool and doesn't promise and new ships
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    You are playing a holotable game in a cantina, not a Star Wars simulation.

Any time you are confused by a "lore incompatibility" issue, repeat the above sentence to yourself.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    The thing is, usually in marque events you are fighting things from the time period, like, Every marque event we've had, has had toons from the correct time periods.

Ships seem to be an exception to the rule, because there is hardly any ships in game even after all this time.
  • Options
    It went through the Bajoran wormhole and ended up in a different universe and time