Sith Fighter fluff

I_WANT_YODA
540 posts Member
edited July 2018
Where's the "aggressive" fighter that will "decimate enemy defenses"? Look, you can polish a **** but it's still a **** no matter how shiny it is. I really hoped this ship was a game changer, but in once again let down...
Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...

Replies

• Yeah I wasn't impressed in the marquee event either lol
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Doesn't care about Biggs' prot regen, so that's something, I guess...
  • I combined it with Command shuttle and KRU. Stunned an enemy, then hit it with assassin ship then hit surprise raid to give assassin another turn and one ship was dead after he attacked.

Unfortunately my sith assassin is nowhere near prepped, but that was a very effective opening attack. Combine it with ships that could call assassin to assist ( home one lead, cassian) or give him extra turns and it could be effective.
  • I think out of the entire marquee event, only once did my Sith Fighter not get mercilessly targeted by the enemy and eliminated after one turn. I barely even got to test out the ship. Is the hull made of wet tissue paper?
  • I've got an alt account. Level 62 so just starting ships. I can't beat the first wave before everyone is wiped out.
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie I think Sith Fighter is being targeted first by AI no matter what. With low health and protection, is this WAI?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    SithAmer wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie I think Sith Fighter is being targeted first by AI no matter what. With low health and protection, is this WAI?

This was addressed when the fleet PVE table came out. They made the AI smarter and it now targets the weakest ship and just pounds it. Only thing to do is to get a taunting ship to protect it really.
  • He seemed to do well against Biggs, even if he died right afterwards I'd still take that trade every time. Maybe he'll still be useful around Christmas when I get him.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    I think out of the entire marquee event, only once did my Sith Fighter not get mercilessly targeted by the enemy and eliminated after one turn. I barely even got to test out the ship. Is the hull made of wet tissue paper?

Same experience as me, and when it did get attacks in it wasn't much. Maybe, the one the event gives you has low gear. Either way it wasn't a great advertisement to get people to buy it lol.
  • Moved to "Ships Feedback".

Cheers.
  • Swordd
    161 posts Member
    Did you guys even bother trying sith ships with the sith assassin's ship? Didn't even come close to losing assassin once in the marquee. The sith synergies are crazy. Plus, scimitar can hide assassin and Vader can stick a permanent target lock on enemies to keep them vulnerable to assassin's prot ignore. I think you just don't understand the kit.

Also, assassin has a reinforcement bonus that will hide itself if you bring it off the bench. It's not meant to sit out in the open and absorb incoming fire, obviously.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    you guys not thinking long term..20 years from now when there are full resistance, FO, empire, blah blah on and on squads and capital ships all this synergy stuff will matter....I'll be old and dead....but everyone will have amazing squads and ships to pick from...... (everyone will still be running the same fleets with the meta team) but options will be there as new god tier ships will be release one after another until the well that is whales drys up
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    @Swordd

Same thing I did. Vader plus a not-even-close to maxed Scimitar. Worked great. TFP, Silencer and FOTP off the bench. Only used them 2 or 3 times total over all the tiers.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Sith synergy is crazy? Yeah that crit buff on a ship that can't crit is awesome. Meanwhile Empire ships are still better under the empire capitals.

The thing is, the new ship is so weak and so targeted by the "improved" AI that new players can't beat this marque. Its a f2p marque that has a toon so weak it can't do it. :D Maybe the marque buffs are bugged? seems weird to see the new thing being showed off this weak.

In my combat, he got like one turn. Didn't get to see him do anything as he was hitting weaker then my other ships and was much slower.

You need to use biggs to taunt the ai off one shotting it.

Also, I still love how the mods put these posts in places less people go to so threads can hardly pick up speed, there is multiple threads with 0 posts in this area, yet again, another thread gets put here and hidden away. I almost miss when we had the massive ship thread post that had everything get merged into it on the front page.
  • I used my usual starting line up of Biggs and the two Phoenix ships with TIE regular and Slave as back up under a 4* tarkin lead all about 78.

It was tough FOR A MARQUEE EVENT, one starred the final tier. Not even going to try the bonus tier, which is a shame as the drop rate on purple mats is ludicrous in fleet battles and I can't do the necessary tier in ship challenges yet.

They do realise there's lower level players who might like to be able to complete it right?

Given my recent entry to the game I've missed out on loads of stuff including Sion etc but these lower level players have to miss out because they can't actually beat it which means even if they're here for it they get to have a much longer farm later on (fleet battle hard node I expect).

I always figured Marquees were intended as an advertisement for new stuff, "look how good this is, now give us your money" sort of deal. Not really doing it's job in this instance. If Biggs doesn't taunt the thing is dead within a couple of hits.

I noticed T3's event is a little overtuned as well, unless it scales to what level you are.

Hey, it's still better than MSF