New Game Mode: Duels

Degs29
361 posts Member
Can we get a duel mode that allows us to challenge another player to a battle, in real-time, with both players actively taking turns?

Replies

• Yes I've been dreaming of this concept from day one. It would have ranked options based on player lvl/gp and unranked options where it would just match a team based on entry teams GP, or invite an ally/guild mate/ally code to battle!

The mechanics themselves would involve a 10 Min game clock, and a 7 second "timer" per move before the AI selects for you. The game goes back and forth like this (speed chess style) until a victor is declared!
  • That would be much better than AI.

A yu-gi-oh game I play does realtime PvP and works surprisingly well.

I wouldn't bother with ranked myself but casuals, sure.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • BrekRegis
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    That is the ultimate for a competitive turn-based game imo. I'd love that addition. The timings would have to be adjusted of course. I like the chess clock design. Each player gets 5mins, which ticks down while it's their turn, if their timer runs out they lose. Effectively a max match timer of 10mins.
  • Love to go head to head with some of my guild mates. Finally prove who has the best ewoks
  • I'd be ok with even AI controlling my duel opponent even.
  • Trajector wrote: »
    I'd be ok with even AI controlling my duel opponent even.

Yup. Even then, at least we can duke it out amongst one another. There are a bunch of friendlies I want to bash around for bragging rights!
  • Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Have something like this be the rank-based pvp system, and change squad arena to be achievement-based (or get rid of it altogether and beef up galactic war rewards).
  • Having programmed on mobile platform before, live duals are super hard to consider because you have to consider that one (or both) of the players could drop/dc/whatever for a number of different reasons. Battery died, phone call game in, Boss came around the corner so they sleep their phone, etc.

Best solution would be to try to have it live as possible, waiting for each player input, with a timeout that hand control over to AI.

I understand the difficulties this adds, but it is possible, and would be very fun!
  • Oh my god. I've been praying for this for so long. They for real need to make this happen