Update on Mod Secondary Stat Changes [MEGA]

Prev134567
TyloRen
381 posts Moderator
edited July 2018
DEV POST
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
After much consternation, we have identified the less than 1% of our playerbase that was disproportionately impacted by last week’s Server Update to Mod secondaries. This number is larger than we originally suspected, which was based on the estimation we could do at the time.

We will be rolling back these player’s mods to our server snapshot last Thursday (7/19). This means all mods that were changed by that update will be reset back to where they were on 7/19 and any credits invested in those mods will be returned. Any mods purchased or earned after 7/19 will be not be impacted by this rollback.

Please note that you may get a different sub-stat than the sub-stat that was removed if you re-level your mod. We apologize for the inconvenience to these players and others who were impacted.

We plan to roll this fix out later today but timing is subject to change.

EDIT: Corrected text on which mods are being rolled back

UPDATE: We have investigated cases of missing mods and found that they are not missing but move around to other characters. There is a good chance your mods are hiding on someone else if you are missing a particularly memorable secondary stat.

DEV POST
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• So, I gather slicing will be able to change the tier to gold (A) before we fully upgrade.

As of now, if we have a speed secondary, we should only upgrade enough that the color of the mod doesn't change? Like a green mod upgrade once, blue mods 2 upgrades, and purple 3 upgrades? Then change the tier to A after slicing and upgrade it fully?

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We dont know anything about the slicing requirements yet, you may need to fully upgrade it before you can slice.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    From my understanding, it's best to update your secondaries then stop. The reason for that are:
    1. Better chances of updating a bonus (you'll get a flat 25% after the patch)
    2. revealing secondaries will cost less once the patch hits. Why pay more?

You can still go through the whole update process and golden your mod, once the patch hits, your mod will return to its initial colour and you'll be able to slice it.

For instance, I am lucky enough to have a level 1 blue mod with a speed secondary. I update it to level 6 and, as it's my lucky day, the speed bonus gets updated twice. Now I could update to level 15, revealing the last two bonuses and enjoy my new mod but it will cost me more to do so than if I wait until the patch hits. When it hits, my mod will return to its blue status, if it's level 15 already, I can slice it twice to make it a gold mod which will grant me two bonus update opportunities. If it was not level 15, I'll finish updating it at a lower cost than now, have the last two remaining secondaries revealed and the possibility to slice it twice.

As you can see, the best approach is to update bonuses before the patch so you get better chances of update and to reveal bonuses once the patch hits so you benefit from the reduced levelling costs.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Globuhl wrote: »
    From my understanding, it's best to update your secondaries then stop. The reason for that are:

You can still go through the whole update process and golden your mod, once the patch hits, your mod will return to its initial colour and you'll be able to slice it.

For instance, I am lucky enough to have a level 1 blue mod with a speed secondary. I update it to level 6 and, as it's my lucky day, the speed bonus gets updated twice. Now I could update to level 15, revealing the last two bonuses and enjoy my new mod but it will cost me more to do so than if I wait until the patch hits. When it hits, my mod will return to its blue status, if it's level 15 already, I can slice it twice to make it a gold mod which will grant me two bonus update opportunities. If it was not level 15, I'll finish updating it at a lower cost than now, have the last two remaining secondaries revealed and the possibility to slice it twice.

As you can see, the best approach is to update bonuses before the patch so you get better chances of update and to reveal bonuses once the patch hits so you benefit from the reduced levelling costs.

Will gold mods matter if we upgrade them now or later?
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Wonder if we will get back ALLLLLL the currency we’ve spent to lv up my mods.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    It will cost you more to do so now, update costs will be reduced with the patch so if you can wait, waiting is the better option. Now we are taking about saving 200K credits... You may think otherwise depending on your credit situation.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Now I wonder about the "salvage" we'll need to slice a mod... An interesting plot twist would be that challenge gears are what we need... That would be an interesting way to give them some value.
  • My guess is we are going to want to level a mod to lvl 12 to reveal all secondaries instead of using slicing on a lvl 1 mod to reveal secondaries. The slicing material will be way more valuable than the 50k credits
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Bane1492 wrote: »
    Globuhl wrote: »

Will gold mods matter if we upgrade them now or later?

They will just be cheaper to upgrade, beat to wait on them.
  • Better to wait, but I just upgraded several mods today because I needed to place a few on some mod-less toons. So I would only do it out of necessity.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    Update all your blue and green mods with speed showing now. After the update these types of mods will no longer be guaranteed to roll speed.
  • Bz183
    170 posts Member
    By the way when the community realizes this there will be riots.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    If you have any green, blue, or purple mods that aren't levelled to 3 (g), 6 (b), or 9 (p), and they have a good secondary that you want to bump (say, speed), you should level those to max out the exposed secondaries now.
    So, if you had a blue mod at level 1 with a +5 speed secondary, level it up to 6 in order to maximize the chance of getting a speed up (75% for at least 1 bump).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • You should just wait for CG to give you a ninja buff. Then proceed.
  • Bane1492 wrote: »
    So, I gather slicing will be able to change the tier to gold (A) before we fully upgrade.

As of now, if we have a speed secondary, we should only upgrade enough that the color of the mod doesn't change? Like a green mod upgrade once, blue mods 2 upgrades, and purple 3 upgrades? Then change the tier to A after slicing and upgrade it fully?

My advice is to hang on to all 5 dot mods and continue to play as normal.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    So, I gather slicing will be able to change the tier to gold (A) before we fully upgrade.

I started saving all my mods when the change was announced and I have to sell some now because I've hit the max.

With that said you absolutely should level up secondaries you care about now because it does sound like you'll have a lower chance to do so after the change, and the credit cost to do so is minimal.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So basically after slicing a green mod with +5 speed Green Mod at lvl 1. Has the exact same potential/expected speed as a +5 Speed Gold mod at lvl 1.

The only difference is the gold mod will not require slicing, so will be cheaper to upgrade.

Another change is that At level 3, currently green mods with secondary speed will always gain another speed. After the change they won't. So statistically you can maximize your expected secondary speed by upgrading any non-gold mods now.

Really if your trying to max out your resources now you should be doing spaming mod challenges, and upgrade any green mods with give speed secondary to 3, Blue to 6 ect...
  • TVF wrote: »

I started saving all my mods when the change was announced and I have to sell some now because I've hit the max.

With that said you absolutely should level up secondaries you care about now because it does sound like you'll have a lower chance to do so after the change, and the credit cost to do so is minimal.

Basically everything with speed? I'm planning on lvling up all my characters to 50, just for mod storage. Not really actively farming mods, trying to 7* characters from cantina.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    You can farm shards any time, I'd be doing all mods all the time right now if I were you. And then yes upgrade anything with speed while the odds of it increasing are better.

You can do the same if you're looking specifically looking for protection or crit chance or potency I suppose.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I get the feeling that there is going to be so much hype, that when the update hits, it won't be that big of a deal.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    and when will we get our right leveled mods?

„In preparation for our next update, we are putting out a bug fix for an issue that has happened to a small number for our players. Some players have a mod that either doesn’t have the correct number of secondary stats or didn’t get the correct number of increases. For example, some mods are level 15 and only have 3 secondary stats, which should never happen, but unintentionally happened for some players.“

i leveled my mods many times from 1 to 15, because i wanted to see a „home-run“ in speed. of course i wasn‘t able to control the 4 times climbing. i never had the idea, that my mods COULD NOT climb 4 times.

with my bad rng i started a thread here, was placed in an undergroup with the short answer, that also speed mods increase with the same chance as others.

seems that this wasn‘t true.

Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • can someone here explain which mods didn't climbed four times and why?
  • @CG_SBCrumb -- to clarify, let's assume I acquired a mod this morning, and upgraded that mod. If I'm one of the people affected, will that mod also be rolled back, or will I have that mod at level 15 still?
  • Themy
    96 posts Member
    This will only affect the people that were able to get tons of mods with +35 speed etc which they shouldn’t have been able to achieve. I have not heard of a mod not clinging 4 times yet.. maybe you just got bad rolls?

Also, sounds like mods will be rolled back to lvl 1 and placed in their original condition such that even the other secondary stats will be changed.
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    Will this impact the players who only had their speed mods altered? Or everyone who experienced mod changes. For example I got about 15 mods of +2500 protection or more from this. Not exactly game breaking but will I suffer the same fate?
  • BionicGolem
    167 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    can someone here explain which mods didn't climbed four times and why?

There was a bug that caused some mods when leveled to unlock only 3 secondary stats instead of 4.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    @CG_SBCrumb -- to clarify, let's assume I acquired a mod this morning, and upgraded that mod. If I'm one of the people affected, will that mod also be rolled back, or will I have that mod at level 15 still?
    Added more info on that specifically to the OP. Any mods purchased or earned after 7/19 will be not be impacted by this rollback.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    hi BionicGolem,

i feared this answer. this is a scandal! and a slap in the face of all player, who tried to built some strong teams without unlimited resources. quality before quantity was always important for me. i burned HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS credits to buy and level mods. don't want speak of the crystals i burned for refreshing cantina energy to get the ONE mod.
    Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    jedibaer71 wrote: »
    hi BionicGolem,

i feared this answer. this is a scandal! and a slap in the face of all player, who tried to built some strong teams without unlimited resources. quality before quantity was always important for me. i burned HUNDRETS OF MILLIONS credits to buy and level mods. don't want speak of the crystals i burned for refreshing cantina energy to get the ONE mod.

Based on your previous post, I think you misunderstand how mods level up, which has nothing to do with modgate or your spending. :)