Combat Timezone Rules for fair Arena Shard Chat group climbing?

Anrath
216 posts Member
So I am trying to figure out a correct, fair, and simple rule(s) to get our Shard Chat members to follow.
The issue is this, we don't want people that are climbing to knock back other people that will be climbing later in the day. But how do we determine the UTC payout times that are safe to knock back? Hoping someone has figured this out already.

Unfortunately the UTC / local time math is kinda confusing. So this is basically a math question.

As an example...
if a person named Joe has his payout at 7pm local time (squad arena) & that happens to map to 0 UTC time, because of the time zone they live in, then if Joe is climbing at 6pm local time (I.e. 23:00 UTC) it is clear that people with payouts at 23:00 UTC to 17:00 UTC (their local times would currrently be from 7pm to 1am) have already had their payouts for the game day, since the game day rolls-over at 1am local time.
That is a 7 hr window.
And then their is also the reasonable assumption that people will be asleep between 1am and 6am (17:00 UTC to 12:00 UTC in this example using Joe's payout time).
So there should be a 12 hour window of time zones that Joe can hit without too much risk in interfering with any shard mates climbs, if he starts his climb 1 hr before his payout.

But what happens if Joe starts his climbs at 5pm (2hrs before his payout), or even earlier like "N" hrs before Joe's payout?
Or if his payout isn't 0 UTC but some other time like 04:00 UTC or 20:00 UTC

This is where I start getting confused and so I am looking for some better thinkers out there to help me out :) . ?

Thanks!

Replies

• I don’t have an answer, but I’d really like to be a fly on your chat wall as this is all new to me and I may have to create my own chat. I can’t seem to find an existing one for my shard. If I can eves drop, please invite me to the server. If not, no worries! Thanks!
    Axe Grinder#4037
    Player Name: Axe Grinder (62)
    Ally Code: 468-272-369
    Guild: Lords of SITHphilis

Player Name: Axe Grinder II (36)
    Ally Code: 566-887-573
    Guild: Get Grinding
  • Shard chat is like corruption, like cartels, how can that be fair?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    There is a discord bot that can be populated with everyone's timezone, and when you call it, it will tell you exactly how much time is left before each group of payouts. So just don't bump anyone whose payout is in under x hours.
  • Anrath
    216 posts Member
    @crzydroid Ya the Admins just installed that discord Bot and its useful. Still need to get a buy-in on what X hrs should be. good suggestions.

Axe Grinder#4037 I will bring it up.