Darth Sion makes "held by hatred" at his FIRST turn!!!??? And AGAIN AT NEXT TURN??!!

How is this possible?
Arena battle. As usual I paralyze Sion using RJT mind tricks, R2 stun... I kill Palpatine and Nihilus in the while...
At his FIRST turn he suddenly made "held by hatred"!
Disappointed, but.. ok, no panic... I have minutes to manage the fight...
I kill him the first time and I'm near to kill him again when... he has his SECOND TURN and again makes "held by hatred"!
I abandoned the fight.

Some explanation? Is this possible?

Replies

• Bora
    440 posts Member
    Whenever nihilus or traya suffer a crit Sion reduces held by hatred cd by 1. Besides he further reduces held by hatred cd by 1 whenever he inflicts pain, and once given his z he can passively inflict pain when he suffers damage.
    As you can see held by hatred is much more dependent on the aforementioned two things than about him taking turns
    Res non verba
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Bora wrote: »
    Whenever nihilus or traya suffer a crit Sion reduces held by hatred cd by 1. Besides he further reduces held by hatred cd by 1 whenever he inflicts pain, and once given his z he can passively inflict pain when he suffers damage.
    As you can see held by hatred is much more dependent on the aforementioned two things than about him taking turns

This.
    By taking Nihilus out you helped reduce that CD. Then by attacking sion himself (if he had his zeta) you gave even more of a CD.
  • Traya teams are easy to beat.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Bora wrote: »

This
  • And why did you abandon the fight? Sounds like you were already up 2 toons and once RJT gets rolling with their exposes, Sion won't get hit enough to get held by hatred a third time. And you can time Mind Trick right so you can ability block him after he revives. Lots of ways to beat Nightmare with JRT.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    You have to make sure you ability block him, not just stun.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    You have to make sure you ability block him, not just stun.

Why? When he comes out of stun does he get TM? Otherwise stun would actually be better I would think.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Stun only lasts one turn. If you're not going to kill him right away, and leave him for several turns, like OP did, it's better to just have him use basic.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ah ok I didn't read back, ability block from JTR is two turns.

Personally I kill Sion as quick as possible and use ability block on someone else. Between his taunt and his revive you need to get rid of him immediately.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Personally I kill Sion as quick as possible and use ability block on someone else. Between his taunt and his revive you need to get rid of him immediately.

Also reys debuffs on sion 2ill give nihilus about 50%tm and a bunch of health too. Might not be ideal.
  • TVF wrote: »

The way my turn meter went i killed him 2nd to last with my jtr teams. I just kept ability block up and ignore him. It was pretty rare for me to have thrawn swap tm/cleanse him.
  • Held by hatred is just a garbage mechanic thrown in to help build a dark side tank equivalent to GK. It should only have 1 use on it or at the very least make the 2nd one a LOT harder and longer to get. No reason why you should have to kill a TANK 4+ times a fight, especially with the insane amounts of damage+instant kills the trio already does.
  • Enfys really helps with this via group daze. Fracture sion & kill traya asap. As soon as she dies u can use r2/enfys to stun sion/nihilus as much as u like.
  • Held by hatred is just a garbage mechanic thrown in to help build a dark side tank equivalent to GK. It should only have 1 use on it or at the very least make the 2nd one a LOT harder and longer to get. No reason why you should have to kill a TANK 4+ times a fight, especially with the insane amounts of damage+instant kills the trio already does.

Only if you don't do it right. Held by hatred is, by far, no where near the biggest garbage mechanic in the game.

Only if you don't do it right. Held by hatred is, by far, no where near the biggest garbage mechanic in the game.

Agree. Much better than zombie mechanic lol (half joking as I love my NS) and it makes sense for sion being the Lord of pain and technically being dead but holding his spirit and body together through the force/hatred.