Being able to attack capital ships

Elendior
129 posts Member
I think it would be great to be able to attack capital ships. They could have a few parts that can be attacked. For example the Guns, Shields, maybe the Bridge to disable a speacial ability, maybe the reactors to slow down the capital ship.

This would bring more strategy to space battles. Having to decide whether you attack a Fighter or the capital ship. Also this would make an appearance of Bombers like the Y-Wing, B-Wing, Tie Bomber and many more possible.

For sure the space battles would be a little longer but for me it would be more fun and more diversive than now.

What are your thoughts?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    I feel this is more of a missed opportunity than a future possibility.

When they cut from 5 to 3, they could have added this and balanced it as such.

Now that would probably require another rebalance and I feel most players wouldn't like that at all.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    The Ultimate on Holdo's ship could be, "reinforce all remaining ships (up to the number of spots available) and then destroy both capital ships.
  • Options
    I'd much rather they fixed the present model TBH before adding any other stuff.

You know, like making the challenges possible to complete.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, but there is spom much missing to ships, it does ne a big overhaul anyways. Just bringing back 5 starting ships for example doenst change anything at all. The meta would remain the same.

You need more ships and new ways to widen the possibilities.

Just imagine there were onyl 25 Characters in the game. It would look the same.

So for me I dont want any now marquee **** event chars that i can start farmin gin 3-6 months. I want the ship mode to become way bigger to maybe even let players decide in which toy of arena they shine. Some will shine in both some players get hammered with chars but are good in fleet arena. Or the other way round.

So when you change the actual model why not add some 15-20 more ships first. And then add Capital ships rework end of 2018 or somewhere around february 2019.

This way players could look forward to it and maybe get hyped after the long boring thesy we had for now.
  • Options
    Hey I wad thinking that
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good idea for a ship raid.