When to start farming Hermit Yoda

Prev1
Are there any recommendations when to start farming him? Or what should I do first before start spending GET on him? I am ready to sacrifice gear from that shop for him

Replies

• I would farm him immediately. He is pretty good for Jedi teams etc in hSith raid
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    about 4 -6 months ago he is great in jedi team under bastila lead plus many many other places
  • Farm wampa instead. Valuable in more places, if you are not a hardcore jedi fan.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    When Jedi Knight Luke is released, his Hero's Journey will more-than-likely require a 7* Hermit Yoda. The Hero's Journeys so far have loosely followed their respective movies - A New Hope & The Force Awakens. So, the Jedi Knight Luke will likely follow the Empire Strikes Back movie.

I expect that Captain Han Solo, Commander Luke Skywalker, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, and Hermit Yoda will all be required for Jedi Luke. I also expect a 5th character (or ship) will be released and go F2p right before the Hero's Journey, to require most players to pay a certain amount of $ to get him on the first round of the event.
  • ZCD_9915
    356 posts Member
    If you want Jedi then do it now.

He will probably be required for Jedi knight Luke so it wouldn't hurt to seven star him
    518 posts Member
    While Wampa is not a must have, Hermit is clearly one. He fits very well in many PvE composition and can be of very good use in Arena as well. So now would be the answer.
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    Wampa is a must have. Best DSTB toon ^
    Farm hyoda now to 7*, then wampa to 7*. Don’t spend GET on anything else.
  • I did both of me straight up, much better feeling having them maxed when spending gear rather than not unlocked
  • I did both of me straight up, much better feeling having them maxed when spending gear rather than not unlocked

@Boba_The_Fetter Same here. I farmed hyoda and wampa pretty much simultaneously and unlocked them roughly at the same time. They're sitting at 5 star. I wanted to know that I at least unlocked them both rather than have one 7 star and the other not yet activated. Both are a few shards towards 6 star. But tbh, lately I've been farming gold gear more. Mainly for HSith. I now have my phase 1 JTR team all gold gear 12 max. :smiley: Not to brag. Just kinda happy about that. ;) lol
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Yoda Ep.V is very good to use in phase 1 of sith Raid since he can escape, and pretty useful in the AAT raid too. Also with Bastila lead he is a great addition to a Jedi team in the arena.
  • OnEMesSduPKiD
    669 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    With the release of the sith raid and the elimination of the retreat mechanic in it, Hermit Yoda is by far the better choice between him and Wampa. It’s not even close. Farm him immediately and keep farming him until he’s 7 stars.

The Jedi are rising
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'd get both Wampa and HYoda immediately, as they are a much more finite farm than gear. I didn't start with that attitude when they were released, and I find myself regretting it.

...now that I think about it, perhaps I should take that attitude with Young Han and Stark too...
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I decided to get Yoda immediately because, at the time, he was the only character in the Guild Event store. The sooner I finished him, the sooner I could grab gear without feeling like I was risking missing out on something.

Wampa is in there now, too, but I've opted to go for gear instead all the same. Once Geonosian Spy is G12 I'll go back to buying Wampa, but for now it's geargeargear.

So, my advice? If you want Yoda, then the sooner you start the sooner you'll finish, so just get it done now. If you don't want him, buy gear and other characters, it's all good!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Hoda > Wampa.

I'm currently farming Hoda to complete my Jedi team. Once unlocked, he'll replace old ben.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    All of these people are right. Haha. It's all preference and game needs. Do you have meh teams that need to be geared quickly, or are you going to benefit more by adding and immediately gearing hermit or wampa? And between the two, you have extraordinarily useful characters with very different applications. Hermit makes every hstr team better, and if you're running ackbar lead in haat, he's an improvement over thrawn. If you're going all in on jedi, he's a big deal. Outside of that, he doesn't have much use.
    Wampa, on the other hand, is a plug-and-play beast in arena, tw, and tb. He's a stone cold killer in almost any team. He's also big in the raids, but in different ways than hermit. Just research both, and go with what you like and what makes the most sense. Thanks r ignore them both and gear the heck out of whoever is important to you. It's a game; have fun.
  • August.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    August.

...2019. Lol :mrgreen: jk
  • I currently have about 80 hermit yoda shards, and my guild earns 2800 guild event currency per territory battle. With this info, how long do you think it will take to get Hermit Yoda?
  • Do it now, Hermie and Wampa both. After they are both 7*, you can grab all the gear you want.
  • Do it now, Hermie and Wampa both. After they are both 7*, you can grab all the gear you want.

This. @EventineElessedil I've had Hermie and Wampa 7 star for a while now, so now all my guild events store currency can go towards gold gear. :)
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Do it now, Hermie and Wampa both. After they are both 7*, you can grab all the gear you want.

This. @EventineElessedil I've had Hermie and Wampa 7 star for a while now, so now all my guild events store currency can go towards gold gear. :)

Lookit @KyJoe_Cool , the fortunate son, spending all his credits on gold gear! Some of us poor folk still buy all purple because the gold stuff is a luxurious extravagance. ;)
    Do it now, Hermie and Wampa both. After they are both 7*, you can grab all the gear you want.

Lookit @KyJoe_Cool , the fortunate son, spending all his credits on gold gear! Some of us poor folk still buy all purple because the gold stuff is a luxurious extravagance. ;)

@EventineElessedil I literally lol'd at that my friend. Too funny. But thank you for the compliment. ;)
  • I have him unlocked. Not much more than that. I have been using a jedi team of Bastila, Ezra, Old Ben, GMY, and either Fulcrum or Bariss or Kanan depending on what I wanted to do. (Don't have GK yet)

Now i'm trying to beef Hermit Yoda up to go in that team.
  • I have him unlocked. Not much more than that. I have been using a jedi team of Bastila, Ezra, Old Ben, GMY, and either Fulcrum or Bariss or Kanan depending on what I wanted to do. (Don't have GK yet)

@FREEDOMfrom Wanna see a gear 12 Hermit Yoda?...

w8d6t4ff1xkh.jpg

...there ya go. ;)

@FREEDOMfrom A little advice for you: Hermie does not need to be especially strong to fit right in. His strength is his Master's Training. He is nearly impossible to hit when stealthed (which he is a majority of the time) so he doesn't really need a ton of HP to be effective. Make him ultra fast and get him in your team. Do it now.

KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    KyJoe_Cool wrote: »

@EventineElessedil I literally lol'd at that my friend. Too funny. But thank you for the compliment. ;)

@EventineElessedil

1xvl7mticjb7.png

See?... I was telling the truth... :) lol
  • I would advise anyone that hasn't maxed hoda to get on it. With ot chewie in the game, jedi luke is likely to drop around dec.

Depending on how much guild event currency you get from tb, it may be a stretch to have it done by then.

Or you can wait until jedi luke drops and panic. I'm sure they'll have sime way to buy your way out of not farming him.
  • As faras wampa goes, I'm holding off on him until i g12 all my hstr teams. I just think I get more utility from having multiple teams that do good damage in hstr than from one good but not legendary character.

It seems to be working. I'm now in a guild that has hstr on farm and I got 3rd place our last raid with 9.5 mil dmg.

With the last tb, I topped off some g12 for some teams so I hope to improve on that.