Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• I really hope not. I know that everyone in my guild that has invested time zetas gear and money on night sisters are super mad. If they break night sisters I will not spend any more money in this game.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    the reason why they jump on things like this is because before they released the raid, they guaranteed the higher ups that people should not have 7* traya until X months down the track, which translates into Y revenue based on all these other factors.

think about it, all the mechanics in this raid make it really hard for people with ordinary teams to defeat it. why do you think the teams that make a dent in this raid are harder to obtain? e.g. JTR (i know a lot of people have JTR but for newer players, hard to obtain), GMY, thrawn, GK, talzin, wampa, bb8, hermit, bastila shan, zombie etc. (ok, not all these characters are hard to obtain, but harder than most a lot of other characters). why do you think ordinary characters like resistance who don't necessary have any specially obtained characters, plain rebels, don't do squat?

this raid is designed to be hard and only beatable by characters who are behind some sort of event, hard to obtain, or paywall, thus translating into revenue.

if the higher ups found out that the raid is being completed fairly easily through such techniques after guaranteeing all this probable revenue, they'll get fired. that is why they b line their way to the studio and fix these things, to prevent future lost revenue.

also why do you think they don't address the issue of challenge gear in raid rewards and rewards for STR T1-T6? it's all about potentially generating more revenue and trying to extend the longevity of this game.

i'm not saying that it's not their fault for fixing such things quickly because it completely is their fault. their incompetent knowledge in game mechanics, not properly testing the raid, not being creative enough to make a raid which is fun and profitable, not having business acumen, not employing proper quality control.

maybe addressing the things above will make the game a lot more enjoyable and profitable for all parties. seriously, the only thing going for you guys is the licensing agreement with disney. get some proper talent into the company, make this game work for everyone, i'm sure a lot of people want to play this game but doing things like this will really turn people off, when this could all have been prevented if you had the right people for the job.
  • It makes you wonder really did they plan the timing of the infinite loop revelation with the top 10 reward changes after already changing the rewards twice. That's the scary part, that they have a time line of when to do changes based on upcoming already known nerfs they will make. They knew they were making this change before they changed the reward for top 10 and knew they were making a bigger gap in players but continue to protest that that is not the case. Think Star Wars players aren't that smart... may want to reconsider that. You'll soon regret your predatory business models via legislation nerfs to your business model.
  • This particular interaction needed to be nerfed in my opinion. However, this is going to cause a massive uproar if their method of adjustment affects other teams. The easiest fix, I believe: remove the health steal up from isolate against the raid boss. Problem solved.
    Why wasn't Isolate given an exception the way Fracture was against raid bosses. Could have prevented the issue before it even launched.
    Why wasn't Isolate given an exception the way Fracture was against raid bosses. Could have prevented the issue before it even launched.

• **** *** CG!
  • I have had enough of their lack of respect. I left a 1* review of the game on the App Store. It’s preety clear, they don’t read to comprehend their player bases forum posts. They don’t care that many spent months of work to farm and gear a faction when that time and energy’s rewards could have been used in other factions.
    They care that a few extremely high level players (how many 7* Trayas are in game?) were going to farm the raid a little faster? I struggle with the CGs rationale constantly. They want to make the game more time friendly with expanding sim abilities, lower clock limits for veteran players then when players find a way to complete a small portion of a multi-stage event, they roll out a hot fix that does not just address the problem since they never properly defined the problem. Then they announce (at the end of a day on Friday) a potential change to that factions fight characteristic that had been used to dominate arena for months, is part of the core strategy to use that faction in TB, TW and lesser raids.
    Frustration is high with them. Wallet is closed.
  • Making Isolate not work or reduced effectiveness in STR would have solved the problem without nerfing the investment of the player baae.

I get the feeling Dev is usinf this just as an excuse to throw out all the nerfs they had been planning all along.

So this Treya ability was intentionally left in there to be exploited.

If the devs really want to neef NS... please refund all oir gear and zeta investments so that we can put them to better use elsewhere. And perhaps also compensate the player base who had been building their NS teams for HSTR but could not make use of them yet.... causing them to lag further behind those who had veen using yjr NS teams for months!
  • I just want to chime in too and say **** you CG!

I can't believe you're doing this to your player base. If you know what's best you better removed the need to BoW and fix isolate instead.
  • Dear Devs

While I love the game, you sometimes do things I can't fathom. When there is a problem, you overcorrect for it every time. When JTR teams did slightly more damage than you expected in the raid, you nerfed expose on ALL raids. When quests gave too much XP to new players, instead of removing XP, you removed ALL rewards (or at least reduced them).

Why do you consistently have to overreact to simple fixes? Now with the acolyte team, instead of fixing the problem - traya and isolate - you fix bonds of weakness to be MORE harmful than before. So instead of fixing 1 toon, you nerf many more.

Why? Why do you need to make the raid more difficult? Are you blind to the fact that the player base HATES it already? The mechanics are too complicated and convoluted as it is, yet you add more misery to it every time you make a change. Some guilds struggle to clear it as is and now you're cutting them off at the knees again to fix YOUR design flaw.

Please, for the love of the game, stop cutting off the players who are trying to progress. If you design a team and feel it is ready for the game, then leave it as is. If a specific toon causes huge problems, then fix that toon. Traya caused the problem here, so fix her. Zombie is working as intended, don't nerf her.

Thanks.
  • Dear CG

U suck major ****!
  • I am archiving this thread for posterity. It is not offensive or abusive in any way.
    Removal of a post that is not negative, but rather shows constructive criticism, is not tolerated by the large of this community.
    Should this post be removed I will report misconduct.
  • Yes, this is yet another gear grind post. Why? Well, looking at my last 2 sets of HAAT rewards struck a chord. I know it’s a small sample size, but it is telling.

I got zero gear that any characters currently need. Wow. 26 g12, 13 g11, 8 g10, 11 g9, and 34 g8. And nothing to help any of those 92 characters.

Yeah, it’s a long grind, but the grind is growing exponentially (g12, g12+) and it feels like the toon release rate has increased this year.

So, why shouldn’t Rancor and HAAT heroic tiers adjust accordingly? Help players get through that g8-g10 crunch to the actual minimum tiers for relevance g11/12. Please?

Of course the cynical, realistic answer is that the devs intentionally created this problem by making stun guns and their components shared across so many characters instead of creating a greater diversity of gear use. Why? So we spend money of course. At nearly $20 USD per stun gun, i’ve got very little interest in doing so however. Nor do I have much interest in, for example, spending $60 USD, to take Old Ben from g9 to g10.

TLDR; please make Rancor and HAAT gear relevant. Players need the gear to maintain healthy growth.
  • You can say “period” and it should add one....
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @CG_TopHat
    I agree with the fix to the Acolyte strategy.
    It is a really clever way to do it.
    However 20 stacks feels like a little low barrier.
    If the limitation aims to prevent possible loops without affecting legit strategies badly, it should be high enough to let the normal, no-loop NS strategy work.
    When I play and use NS I usually reset BoW around 30-40 stacks,because that is the point where the health loss gets really serious.

I feel like you should extend the limitation to at least 40 stacks so the normal strategy would not be any less effected at all.
    (Both the goat becomes fed and the cabbage remains untouched - as the old Hungarian saying says)
    Post edited by First_but_66_Order on
  • @CG_TopHat
    I agree with the fix to the Acolyte strategy.
    It is a really clever way to do it.
    However 20 stacks feels like a little low barrier.
    If the limitation aims to prevent possible loops then without affecting legit strategies badly, it should be high enough to let the normal, no-loop NS strategy work.
    When I play and use NS I usually reset BoW around 30-40 stacks,because that is the point where the health loss gets really serious.

I feel like you should extend the limitation to at least 40 stacks so the normal strategy would not be any less effected at all.
    (Both the goat becomes fed and the cabbage remains untouched - as the old Hungarian saying says)

That’s a great saying and I am stealing it.
  • Just reduced the rating to two star from five, played this game since a couple of years, but this cancel other good things done by devs.
  • I've posted about the gear economy numerous times. Why stun guns are still a $20 piece is beyond me. Why carbs are still 1400 is way beyond my comprehension.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    In less than 24 hrs this thread already has half the posts that the Sith raid feedback thread has... impressive outcry to a huge injustice.
  • 25 pages in less than 24 hours, CG you have a problem
  • I'm confused about the future proofing.... Isolation is the status effect that supplied the health steal up, not the toon itself.... Removing health steal up from isolation (which only affects an extremely small number of players at this point) would clearly end the infinite loop.

Yes, NS acolyte can repeatedly attack as per the raid/leadership mechanics, however this completely derails your team if you let it ride for too long.
  • Because red flag issues, like the traya isolate exploit, are more important to them than the needs of the player base
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    jedilord wrote: »
    haha! new nerf new bug!

CG you can´t do anything right even your nerf is a bug^^ lol ... you are a bunch of amateurs...

heal from asajj... instead of 90% heal, nobody is healed^^

gn1kwg3vukcw.png
    andy99ztyeso.png

Don't forget guys, the implemented fix isn't even working as intended
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    Not surprising, at all.
  • I've been through the stages of grief since I found out about this change and how it's nerfed my favorite part of the game. I hope they change how they've "fixed" this to fixing the actual issue with Traya instead of buffing BoW through the roof and making Nightsisters less interesting to use. Changing 20 bonds to 60, or even to 40, would be a reasonable reaction which could also fix the issue.

If they don't, I'll just stop spending money on the game again. I was just getting to the point where I was willing to spend some money again, but if they want to nerf the most fun part of the game which I've invested a lot into, I'll save my money. I do hope they see the overwhelmingly negative reaction and find another "fix" though.
  • Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Your csr' s at Ea support are telling people, "Sorry, in game transactions cannot be reversed," well no duh, that's the problem, and then you offer 200 crystals.... what is that going to do for someone that invested months in several zetas? Two THOUSAND crystals wont get you a single mk v stun gun. You need to prep ea support, so they can respond decently. Twenty thousand doesn't even come close to the investment. Do something tangible, and listen to people telling you to change isolate instead. It negatively affects a much smaller part of your player base. @CG_TopHat
  • Has anyone mentioned that Daka's zeta is now useless?
  • starplatinum
    169 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Has anyone mentioned that Daka's zeta is now useless?
    Yes, i actually don't know about here but on reddit many said that they are trying to get a refund for her zeta.
  • vlh3nx1gq8cd.jpg
This discussion has been closed.