Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Oops, meant to also add 5% TM to NS allies for each plague dispelled.

I left out that piece of info I meant to include, and don’t want to edit because I think that’s what caused problems last time and sent it to moderation.
  • Me and a load of guild mates feel like there is something broken with nightsister acolyte I’m regards to her %chance to stealth.

70% chance to stealth and a lot of us are having her take 4 turns and not stealth once, one of them 4 attacks the 70% chance to stealth should be winning.

It isn’t just me plenty are having it happen in my guild aswell.
  • Paulos999 wrote: »
    Me and a load of guild mates feel like there is something broken with nightsister acolyte I’m regards to her %chance to stealth.

70% chance to stealth and a lot of us are having her take 4 turns and not stealth once, one of them 4 attacks the 70% chance to stealth should be winning.

Give her potency

• Vice_torn wrote: »
    Don't make things so overly complicated... If you want to "fix" zombie strats. Just reduce Zombie's revive mechanic to a 90% chance of revive vs current 100%. Can sta

That’s a huge nerf to zombie and is a major slap in the face to everyone who invested in her. If you think yesterday was brutal here, you could double that if they did the above.
  • Stilgar
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Remember when...

...you got a variety of gears in pit and aat raids instead of the same few over and over and over?

...you could use omegas on OMEGA abilities?

...purple gears had a 33% drop rate?

...this game wasn't a 2nd job?

...you could master a raid so it wasn't a chore?

...you fould fill all tb platoons without relying on whales to immediately max brand new pay toons?

...you could use gear 8-9 pieces on gears 8 and 9?

'member? You 'member.
    Post edited by Stilgar on
    Me and a load of guild mates feel like there is something broken with nightsister acolyte I’m regards to her %chance to stealth.

Give her potency

Does potency make a difference I thought it was just a 70% straight chance and potency shouldn’t make a difference?
  • Seeing as I can't complete a node 12 GW battle because of a permastealthed Acolyte I'd say it's working very well. Perfectly in fact.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Seeing as I can't complete a node 12 GW battle because of a permastealthed Acolyte I'd say it's working very well. Perfectly in fact.

Maybe for the AI for the player to use her she never stealths takes 5 turns on Tb to get her to stealth with a 70% chance it shouldn’t take 5 turns
  • Yes..... our QOL in this game is worsening month by month....
    Paulos999 wrote: »

Give her potency

Does potency make a difference I thought it was just a 70% straight chance and potency shouldn’t make a difference?

I’m assuming it’s a troll post. Potency is worthless for Acolyte under Ventress lead. She inflicts no debuffs and the TM reduction can’t be resisted.
    Paulos999 wrote: »

Give her potency

I’m assuming it’s a troll post. Potency is worthless for Acolyte under Ventress lead. She inflicts no debuffs and the TM reduction can’t be resisted.

Thought so, potency shouldn’t make a difference to the miraculous 70% chance to stealth that she never seems to manage.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    But seriously though we’re getting all 4 NS zetas refunded right? And the gear and crystals I whaled would be nice too
  • EA_Cian wrote: »
    'Sup everyone! So I can see a bunch of you are frustrated and while I'm not the person who's going to be able to answer your questions I do have to come in (as I'm sure some of you are expecting at this stage) and remind everyone of some big forum rules.

First, calling for folks to be fire is not okay, nor is attacking other members of the community! I've seen a few examples of this in the thread and those posts have been removed. I'm going to run over some key rules here, I've posted about this several times before in other threads and this behavior can not continue and isn't acceptable.

These rules aren't open for debate or discussion for what it's worth, no matter how frustrated you feel.

Don'ts from our forum rules:

Call out Community Managers and Officials. Be cool, folks. We know you want to grab our attention, but good thread titles like the example in Dos will help you get our attention much easier.

Petition and boycotts. Petitions and boycott discussions do not contribute to a useful and productive forum.

Be a troll, bait or flame. This includes deliberately trying to cause an argument by making sarcastic, off-topic, rude or disruptive posts, and discussions.

Bully. Online bullying is against the rules. Bullying is a one-stop-shop to getting banned from the forums. Your gaming account will also be reviewed. Bullying can include:
    Personal defamation
    Naming and shaming
    Gossiping about other people

Be rude. No matter what your feelings are about other people, EA Forums aren't the place to attack another person. That includes public figures, EA employees, or other forum users.

Chat about moderation. Our moderators are here to keep this place happy and helpful for everyone. Discussing the way they do things is not okay.

Mass tags: It's very rare that more than one tag is needed. Don't tag multiple forum members or EA Employees to get attention.

Let's cool it with the vitriol - there's room for criticism and frustration, but it needs to be civil, and appropriate.

I wholeheartedly agree with the spirit of what you're saying... but I am truly concerned of the implications of some of your guidelines.

Where can we discuss moderation?

How can a forum account be linked to a gaming account? Swgoh profiles are public, someone could just paste a link into their signature, bully on the forums under the name of another player, and get this other player in trouble. This sounds... disturbing. But I suppose, as you said, this isn't the place for that discussion.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    kotsotch wrote: »
    why should players pay for DEVs mistakes? They had to test the raid better. First - exposes, second - STHan, than bonds, its nerf after nerf after nerf, and it wont stop, as i see. WHy? why do we have to pay for your mistakes?

We’re the game testers. Have you not been getting yr paycheck?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Pepperidge Farm remembers...
  • This undermines the spirit of the raid????

How about just confess you folks at EA/CG don’t know how to properly code the game and make toons that work correct mechanically from the start of release???

First of all Nightsisters got murdered in arena thanks to the Vader/Palpatene meta....now the only part of the game they are extremely valuable at is getting nerfed as well???

Geez man...do you developers understand the amount of time it takes to G12 four to five toons and save up 3-4 zetas in order to make that team a force to be reckoned with???

Talk about lame....I payed to get my sisters geared and 7*...and f2p folks used up a lot of time and materials as well.

Whatever it’s yall game..do what y’all want. I haven’t spent money in months and dumb changes like this is the reason why!!
  • I 'member....
  • Wish I could remember that. I walked in new to this hellish grind not knowing any different.

To think I did eyeball this game back when it was released.

Seeing as I can't complete a node 12 GW battle because of a permastealthed Acolyte I'd say it's working very well. Perfectly in fact.

Maybe for the AI for the player to use her she never stealths takes 5 turns on Tb to get her to stealth with a 70% chance it shouldn’t take 5 turns

True, the AI does cheat it's pants off after all.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Is it just me or is this thread not staying at the top anymore?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Lmao nope it’s been deactivated and won’t get bumped up top any more....very poor decision
  • Ea /cg are clearly **** that people have got 7* traya already and are going to screw everyone else, they need to realise that people will stop playing the game and take their money elsewhere. One member in my guild has already received a refund yesterday but it seems ea aren't being as friendly today.
  • You know things are bad when Kyno won’t even try to defend CG’s decision.
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    "The reason we responded so quickly on this issue is because we didn't want players to begin to make long term investment decisions around (player ownable) Darth Traya"

Who are the people who are getting 7* Darth Traya and not investing in her? I understand in terms of as far as the raid goes, but I don't think anyone getting her planned not to invest in her for other game areas, so this seems dubious as a reason at best. It also feels like it could have been resolved by nerfing Isolate specific to the raid only - you have a data point now about how Health Steal affects things, so you should have been able to block the loop in the future - saying you want to nerf a bunch of stuff for potentially-possible-maybe-never-happening is also somewhat ludicrous.

What you have in effect done is say hey, if you want to use what we may possibly consider an exploit, better use it in the first few months until we can be bothered to mess you all up. How can we trust any toon or faction released in order to spend money on it. I was considering my first potential 7* from crystals investment into Bastilla, but what's my incentive to do so, as after I've spent the money you could possibly make her useless at worse, or less useful at best.

All this is doing is creating a massive gap between the folks that already have Traya and those that don't. They have her, but agree that in the spirit of not making certain guild mates being able to vastly out class others a nerf to isolate/health steal (or even disallowing her from the raid, she's useful everywhere else!). But to generally mess with NS so quickly, so haphazardly (that it sounds like you even broke the raid in general for healthing) and so against the fan base is shocking.

This game isn't free-to-play for everyone, some folks have invested significant amounts of hard earned money in order to become more useful to their guilds and to themselves in game - this hasn't even been vaguely addressed by you guys.

I think a little weekend damage control is in order @CG_TopHat and @CG_Carrie - we've all had to have a weekend conference call, fire up the laptop and solve issues before. This appears to be one of those times. At the very least, you could pull the hotfix and announce an actually decent worded set of 'upcoming fixes or adjustments' that have actually seemingly had some thought (and maybe this little thing called testing) involved. Maybe set a timeline to let folks know something is coming, pushing out broken code on a Friday is an amateur move.

I think I speak for my whole guild at TGY with regards to this post. Possibly one or two others out there that maybe don't speak up.

Please fix this mess (and it is a mess) whilst you still can. The community in general can get behind a well worded apology and some contriteness.

Cheers,
    Cuzzins

• Mahbrethir
    234 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    One of my guildies was able to receive a partial refund from Google Play. This is of course second-hand information, so take it with a grain of salt. So that route may work for players who are unsatisfied. Not posting this to inspire hate, but to point people in a good direction for conflict resolution.
  • Let’s be honest... instead of rushing out a buggy fix on Friday evening (and really, there’s a history of unintended bugs in fixes so let’s not pretend this is a one-off) you could have easily made a post and even sent an in-game message stating that you’d be making a fix on Monday. Is a weekend of “critolyte” really worse than a weekend (and beyond) of ill will and future mistrust of the devs and their potential for ruining toons people have worked hard to build up? If you couldn’t figure this issue out in the months after the raid launched, why roll out a fix in a matter of hours?
  • Really? Is this the solution just giving daka s zeta back? How bout lots of gear on NS and other zetas on Asajj?
  • Lower NS zombie’s health, protection, and defense, then add a second unique that says:

If zombie didn’t die within her past two turns, all nightsister allies gain 5% turn meter and gain 5% offense (stacking) until the end of the encounter. If she did die within her past two turns, all nightsister allies lose 3% offense and critical chance (stacking). These effects take place at the beginning of each of her turns.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Wow. Can't believe the devs screwed us like this.

Have we been playing the same game?
This discussion has been closed.