Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• Nerf got done in a timely manner, now they can enjoy their weekend in their palaces.

Mind you I get the feeling that most EA "acquisitions" are held at gunpoint and shot if they don't comply with the investors wishes.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Why don't you just Nerf all the toons in the game and make it not fun for all of us! Bring back Nightsisters, Jedi Training Rey and Stormtrooper Han now! We all need to stop buying gear and toons to send a message to SWGOH!
  • I play 2 accounts. One pay to play the other free to play and both have NS fully zeta with G12.

This change is a slap in the face to both payers and non payers.

I know im probably the only person that says this and means it: but you’ll never see another dollar from me ever again.

Also what’s up with deleting people’s comments of frustration??? Shouldn’t everyone’s voice be heard? Where else can they vent and hopefully be heard?

It’s wrong to take people’s time/resources and money....then over haul their hard work 6 months later. It’s stealing is what it is.

Very unprofessional EA!!

600 crystals and a zeta isn’t gonna cut it this time EA. If y’all do reimburse players....it should be enough to completely g12 and fully zeta another faction of 4-5 toons.

Y’all need to make this right...this is borderline false advertisement and stealing players money.!
  • I wrote a similar post that got delted.
    I was not insulting anyone and was writing in a polite way... just saying I am not spending any money anymore because they nref what I bought which feels like they steel my money
  • ThePegasus1979
    19 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    CG...just find some balls and finally admit: with the introduction of the Sith-Raid you have screwed up things massively. Might it be Traya as a char herself, the full gear 12 rewards, the **** rewards on lower tiers, your initial try „to fix“ the reward issue (largest fack up in the gaming industry in the last 5 years) etc pp. Now players have again found a way to combine faction overarching teams perfectly, a team that needs two rare chars at 7*, and you change chars. If you haven’t forseen that combination....get your homework done. Cause all that „fixes“ afterwards like Stormtrooper Han, the Clone etc. just prove how massively inferior your testing is. I am not even close to even one Treya splitter, my comment purely refers to your over and over again massively faking up things, and even more screwing up the „fix“. Both in communication as well as the ways of „fixing“ things. If the current team isn’t capable of running things even at a semi-professional level....the team needs to be changed.
  • N305quall wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat,

I agree 100% with the Critolyte nerf, because it breaks the philosophy of the sith raid.
    I also 100% agree with the paper zombie nerf, because it is not fair for people who have her already maxed out.

However, I completely disagree with the 20 stacks of bods of weakness / 90% heal limitation nerf.

Before we’ve had the possibility to do good damage with the Nightsister, accumulating cycle of pain & suffering from Darth Sion and use those debuffs to our advantage against Darth Nihilus. It was a lot preparation (mod or character development) and a lot of work to achieve such goals.
    To be brief, it was a solid strategy, as seen in the following video.

"With the introduction of the Critolyte team, we opted to make some changes to Bonds of Weakness that has some impact on Nightsisters."

So if I understand this correctly the Nightsisters were acceptable, until the introduction of the Critolyte team, which also requires a 7* Traya, and now they are too strong? With this nerf you are blocking not only the unintended affect of the Critolyte team but unnecessarily nerfing the Nightsisters.

A quick fix will be to raise your healing threshold trough 50 stacks of Bonds of Weakness.
    That’s way you blocking Critolyte team and Nightsisters will still be able to do decent damage using Darth Sion’s cycle of pain / suffering against Darth Nihilus.

Any response at this point will be appreciated.

Continue the good work!!! :)

Filbe Lamon

Well said, I agree 100%
  • I've been reading the updates recently with some interest. Personally, I'm not opposed to patching loopholes like this (e.g. Critolyte). It's totally understandable and I enjoy the challenge STR offers. I know there are a lot of people up in arms about it - I respectfully disagree. While I know there are current issues/bugs with the current roll out of changes, I'm sure it will eventually get on an even keel.

A guild mate of mine (all credit goes to him for the below ideas - Heisenberg - you're my boy blue!) and I were discussing this particular issue this morning and he had some really interesting feedback about this topic and I thought I would share here.

I think I may have found a good compromise option on this NS thing. It would be to keep the mechanics the same in other aspects of the game and just do a "raid bonus" instead. So like, change the wording on Asajj's unique to "Asajj gains blah blah until end of encounter. Raid Bonus: Asajj gains 200% offense, 100% critical chance, and 50% health but no longer gains stacking abilities with ally or enemy death."

For Daka's unique, you could just do "Raid Bonus: unit gains 100% health during raids but no longer gains stacking health bonus"

It effectively nerfs "paper zombie" in the raid while still awarding a bonus to the appropriate characters. In addition, it doesn't change the mechanics in other aspects of the game where the team isn't overpowered but they still have some advantage.

Those bonuses are on the unique's, which each are zetas. Zeta abilities are supposed to be powerful.

Thoughts?
  • I zeta'd Asajj's leadership ability specifically to help my guild get closer to completing the heroic sith raid.
    The changes to bonds of weakness has now made that investment a poor one, as 20 stacks isn't enough to do anything remotely close to "respectable" damage.

Will this zeta be getting refunded in good faith as well?
  • KaosZman wrote: »
    I've been reading the updates recently with some interest. Personally, I'm not opposed to patching loopholes like this (e.g. Critolyte). It's totally understandable and I enjoy the challenge STR offers. I know there are a lot of people up in arms about it - I respectfully disagree. While I know there are current issues/bugs with the current roll out of changes, I'm sure it will eventually get on an even keel.

A guild mate of mine (all credit goes to him for the below ideas - Heisenberg - you're my boy blue!) and I were discussing this particular issue this morning and he had some really interesting feedback about this topic and I thought I would share here.

I think I may have found a good compromise option on this NS thing. It would be to keep the mechanics the same in other aspects of the game and just do a "raid bonus" instead. So like, change the wording on Asajj's unique to "Asajj gains blah blah until end of encounter. Raid Bonus: Asajj gains 200% offense, 100% critical chance, and 50% health but no longer gains stacking abilities with ally or enemy death."

For Daka's unique, you could just do "Raid Bonus: unit gains 100% health during raids but no longer gains stacking health bonus"

It effectively nerfs "paper zombie" in the raid while still awarding a bonus to the appropriate characters. In addition, it doesn't change the mechanics in other aspects of the game where the team isn't overpowered but they still have some advantage.

Those bonuses are on the unique's, which each are zetas. Zeta abilities are supposed to be powerful.

Thoughts?

It’s a terrible idea that still nerfs NS not just in this raid but also in HAAT where Asajj is very useful because she gets stacking offense for each turret or add that goes down. That is the whole benefit of her kit. Getting rid of the stacking offense in raids, where it has the biggest chance to shine, is an absolutely atrocious idea.
  • Oh look, 31 pages explaining how crappy your player base thinks of you and you still can't get it right
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    I not only want my zeta back but I would also like my omegas back as well it's not our fault you have no idea how to test a raid and then find out you broke it bc you didnt look at your own creations (kits) I would also like my money back for the Crystal's I bought to farm zombie. You are making 95% of the community suffer for your incompetence bc this will not hurt anyone in that top 5% CG YOU SUCK
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    Assaj Unique is essentially useless too because now Zombie can’t die as often and now she can only count on minions to kill.
    No, asajj’s unique is great in HAAT and several other areas of the game. Definitely not a useless zeta.

Depends on the perspective. Most people Zetaed her unique to add massive damage to HSR. I know I did. I dont care about HAAT. While I agree that she can be in other areas of the game she wasn’t worth it enough to Zeta for HAAT alone.

There are other teams that can do massive damage in HAAT.

Ventress zeta is useless now bc tank rewards blow ( hey can I have some more challenge gear that I have thousands of thanks)
  • MTSea
    11 posts Member
    KaosZman wrote: »
    I've been reading the updates recently with some interest. Personally, I'm not opposed to patching loopholes like this (e.g. Critolyte). It's totally understandable and I enjoy the challenge STR offers. I know there are a lot of people up in arms about it - I respectfully disagree. While I know there are current issues/bugs with the current roll out of changes, I'm sure it will eventually get on an even keel.

Thoughts?

The fix shouldn't be to nerf toons that have existed for months now, it should be to fix the dynamics of the raid itself. People aren't angry about CG fixing a loop, they are angry about CG nerfing more toons for this raid, toons in which people have sunk quite considerable resources into. I appreciate the thought put into your and your friend's post, however I have to disagree. NS is already a niche team, having been pushed out of the meta pretty quickly. It had it's time to shine, then Palp/Vader rework crushed them. (Even before that, they still had their issues and could be taken out fairly easily.)

It's not as if people just started gearing NS for Critolyte, anyone who didn't already have them at decent gears decided to gear them when it was found that they rock P4 HSTR. It's been what, 1 month, 2 months since people really discovered how good they could be thanks to Skelturix and other youtubers. (Or rather, the youtubers made it popular. Of course there were others before them that probably knew too, but I'm talking about the majority of the player base.)

With the standard NS team, it's not like people could hit auto and call it a day. There is/was a lot of tactical play that went into making the team perform at optimal levels.

Fix the raid, or fix how Traya interacts with the raid, but don't nerf a complete faction to fix how they interact with a raid. There's a pretty big trickle-down affect, essentially making NS worse in all facets of the game, except for GW I guess?
  • wgn59qeela84.jpeg
  • Aside from just Daka's Zeta, can we please be refunded the gear that we now wasted our hard earned (real life) money on for her and Acolyte to take them from gear V to gear Xll? Thank you for doing that, devs. Very kind of you.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Same. I literally geared up Acolyte hours before this atrocity was announced.
  • MTSea
    11 posts Member
    Yeah, I would love a complete refund on my NS team at this point. We all know it'll never happen, but oh well.
  • I wouldn’t hold my breath.
  • Yeah, seriously !!! There's no way in Hell I would have spent $$$ and time to star and gear up the NS especially Talia!!!
  • The 20 is such a stupidly low number to stop an endless loop!

Phoenix squad routinely hits that mark because Hera is the only one who can remove it (at least with a Sabine and not a Chopper) and the cooldown is way too long. So when they get above 20, there won’t be anymore healing? You might as well just kill the team when they get there!

Your knee-**** response to a video 9 hours after its release, is affecting EVERYONE now. Not just NS teams, not just the .01% who have a 7* Traya.... EVERYONE. Isn’t it far easier to just fix the actual problem? Traya in Raids?

I think the 50 benchmark is a “fair” solution and it would not require me to give up my Dakka Zeta.
  • Meshliv
    19 posts Member
    Seriously folks... Just add a line to AVs leadership that NS can't gain healthsteal up while under it's effect. Solved. The proposed solution is inelegant and is a slap in the face.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    How hard is it to have Isolate behave like Fracture where it produces a different effect on a raid boss versus "normal" enemies. Much easier and alot less grief than angering 100% of NS users for the 1% of the 1% who have a 7* Traya.
    Post edited by Vendi1983 on
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    How hard is it to have Isolate behave like Fracture where it produces a different effect on a raid boss versus "normal" enemies. Much easier and alot less grief then angering 100% of NS users for the 1% of the 1% who have a 7* Traya.

That, oh that!
  • It's been almost a year and NOW you are going to change Acolyte & Zombie & Asajj? Holy farce already

- Zombie still needs to die easy with gear, otherwise you will completely ruin the faction here that so many have invested in.

- Asajj doesn't need ANY changes, period

- Acolyte really doesn't need changing either, there are counters for her, in something like Raids or TB there can be some small exception made to prevent a looping situation, but don't change ruin her
  • I rarely post if ever.

I will start with my complaints.

1. You take the time and effort and money to advertise third party video makers and you cannot do simple things like fixing the paper zombie issue .... Until it is considered WAI due to no change for a year plus. So that is my complaints.

Your focus is horrible
    Your choices are pathetic
    You are super lazy. Only dealing with issues when they interfere with your current content.

My compliments.

I like ships 2.0. Things WAI. Turn meter is not everything. Well done.

I like TW. It caters to gamers of all types. The lowest common denominator gamers (WOW) and elite gamers (AC EQ) can both enjoy a team oriented challenge.

In conclusion I would give the game in current state a B rating. I would advise the creation of a fleet raid and to start treating ships more seriously in the content department.

Cheers
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    "They dont need quick answers because that's not going to help them justify quick changes. They need information. They didnt revert the changes because people said they didnt like it, they did it because they got actual feedback."

From an argument I had a while back with someone else in the forum. Essentially claiming any change takes time to consider on CGs part (he was defending them not taking action on fixing raid rewards based on player feedback). I wonder what this person thinks now. Deva obviously don't mind forcing through a quick untested update based on ZERO feedback from players as long as it someone helps their own bottom line.
  • Anakin1125 wrote: »
    The game truly is like gambling. The house has the advantage and when someone figures out a way to even the odds they send out the security team to make sure they know they won’t be taken advantage of.

Truth
  • CG_TopHat wrote: »
    @CG_TopHat thanks for giving more feedback in 2 minutes than we have gotten in 2 months. I hope you are also aware and monitoring the player bases pulse on issues in the game that we feel have been ignored for a long while. And understand the pattern that CG is cultivating when “fixes” are brought in.

To be clear - I’m not a fan of any type of “loop” or cheese team to get mega damage in the raid , but why make changes so drastic?

Regarding the drastic-ness of the changes, we try to evaluate anything we need to change in the game in a way that will hopefully prevent us from having to "fix" it again. That doesn't always work out, just because of the staggering complexity and the myriad of possible interactions in the game. That said, in reviewing with the Design team, this solution was deemed to help solve a lot of possible edge cases that could pop up in the future. We hope it does.

Regarding the communication, I hear you. It's something we're constantly working on trying to improve. Thanks for the feedback.

Evaluate issues in a way so you wont have to fix them again later? Either this is a rediculously brutal joke, or the mission statement of the developing team is further astray than what we all think. There are a few examples of fixes not being nowhere near that statement. Sorry for nitpicking at your words, but using an impulsively picked number of 20 BoW is bogus as can be. Its clearly not based on any test, and further shows how detached the developers and testers are from actual gameplay. These answers hold no merit as they are more that disconnected from actual player experience in the latest installment of a nightmare called "STR: and how to earn millions on bait and switch".
  • Still possible to get good scores using NS. This is from a guild mate.
    plo6NuUmp
This discussion has been closed.