Changes to Asajj/Acolyte Strategy in STR MEGA THREAD

Replies

• CLSJedi
    111 posts Member
    Whether it's a Nerf or not, that's not the issue! It's the fact everything the community finds that take it away. How can anyone in there right minds tell friends this is a great game. They'll change this and mess something else in the process !
  • If they're going to nerf the sisters then I want my zetas back, only reason I did asajj lead and talzin unique was for sith P4.1, glad I didn't pull the trigger on daka yet!
  • I am not usually one to complain, i do overall like and enjoy this game , but if they fix this without addressing the actual elephant in the room of tgis raid, ie the pitiful rewards, i doubt ill continue to put money into this game.
    Im not asking for a lot , just a reward equal to the work, i mean at least full gear pieces of those lower tier gear or more guild tokens , to help us who do the raid actually grow
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    I am not usually one to complain, i do overall like and enjoy this game , but if they fix this without addressing the actual elephant in the room of tgis raid, ie the pitiful rewards, i doubt ill continue to put money into this game.
    Im not asking for a lot , just a reward equal to the work, i mean at least full gear pieces of those lower tier gear or more guild tokens , to help us who do the raid actually grow

This isn't going to happen I'm afraid. They have said a long time ago they will monitor and make adjustments if they feel it's necessary. It's pretty obvious at this point that they dont. So follow through on your claim and if everyone does the same maybe we can make a change. If not the status quo will continue.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Syfo_Diaz wrote: »
    If they're going to nerf the sisters then I want my zetas back, only reason I did asajj lead and talzin unique was for sith P4.1, glad I didn't pull the trigger on daka yet!

Dude #1 "Hey look, a bridge"

Dude #2 "Where?"

Dude #1 "Way over there!"

Dude #2 "I'll cross it when I get to it"
  • Monel wrote: »
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Goodness, all this grief from a bunch of people that couldn't even do this anyway. It's like being upset with Bentley because they decided to remove cup holders. You dont have Bentley so no worries.

It's more like removing the wheel and saying "Drive something else" -- that is if they wreck the NS team comp in the process of this. Their record of fixing these sorts of issues leads most of us to believe they will just hit the NS team with a hammer when they can almost certainly find a much much more elegant solution to this.

The issue that has players worried isn't that they'll block this infinite loop -- which they absolutely should because it is nonsense. It is that they will fix this by ruining a team many of us spent considerable resources building and that many people are actively working toward. When the Acolyte strategy emerged, the vast majority of seasoned players knew it was going to be nerfed - it's just a neat novelty. But those same seasoned players immediately recognized that the nerf might destroy something they are using, and do have.

Ok remove the wheel from a Bentley, I still dont drive one. And to the people complaining about "IF" get over it, cause it hasn't happened.

I am going to starting complaining to the sun "if" it decides to shine tomorrow my day will be ruined.

Cookie for consistantly missing the point.

1. We rely on Asajj led NS to take down HSTR.
    2. This "infinte loop" revolves around isolate (a traya skill), but is being stated as an asajj/acolyte issue.

The "if" in this case is a major deal & the notification is pointing at the wrong characters to fix this issue.

I'm at a loss for how you are missing this... some of us have (or almost have) a Bentley. If this fix isn't handled properly, we'll be the last ones that do for a while.

Not sure how I am missing the point. You are complaining about something that hasn't happen. You keep using the word IF. If is not something to worry about. If it happens then I'll worry, the outrage over something that hasn't happened is silly. Something that hasn't happened is the same as nothing.

I get you dont care about the Traya aspect. But nothing has happened to NS yet, so there is nothing worry about yet. Maybe there will be, maybe there wont be. All I am saying is no need to worry about something that hasn't happened yet.

Maybe I am just of a more sunny disposition than most.

If they don’t hear from the community that nerfing Asajj would be a massive mistake, they are more likely to make the massive mistake. This isn’t hard. People are trying to make it clear now that a nerf to NS would not be well received in the hopes they can prevent CG from making the decision in the first place.
  • Melvil
    242 posts Member
    If they brake Assaj's leadership with this "fix" there would defo be rioting in the streets....a lot of people wouldn't have developed NS to this level if it wasn't for the raid and helping the guild....
  • Monel wrote: »
    Syfo_Diaz wrote: »
    If they're going to nerf the sisters then I want my zetas back, only reason I did asajj lead and talzin unique was for sith P4.1, glad I didn't pull the trigger on daka yet!

Dude #1 "Hey look, a bridge"

Dude #2 "Where?"

Dude #1 "Way over there!"

Dude #2 "I'll cross it when I get to it"

Hey, look... the bridge is washing out where we planned to cross.

Where?

Two days' hike ahead.

Let's not find a better way now, but **** about it when we get to it.
  • @CG I see it is jumped on to get nerfed by the dev team, but no dev has yet to jump on response to poor STR rewards. When will this occur? While I do not condone poor sportsmanship, you're intending to make it harder for players again who found a relief to a arduous raid with a nerfed reward for only select elite few, so understand if you receive poor response to your lack of communication anymore, broken promises, and total disregard to what the community is expressing and to everyone who doesn't think that this will severely affect them think about it, you just built up those NS teams using all of those resources plus time and now they are about to destroy their abilities in the raid, ponder that community. This Message will self destruct in....
  • Dztn
    48 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Players find strategies for this raid. And u nerf them all? Fives, nightsisters, jtr… many nerfs are comin if Players put strategies for STraid on YouTube? Disrespect to all These Players who put all their effort to find These strategies.

Open mouth. Find no words for this.

Testing this raid before u all nerf that Teams, that are more viable than others. Every Player can get this toons and Play that strategy. Their is no Need to nerf it. It's a Chance for a loop. Not a save kill.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    But no discussion about the lower geared zombie making the NS Monsterous.
  • Not gonna lie..."[the strategy] requires little input from the player and deals significantly more damage than other teams in [the raid]." is a weak justification. You haven't applied it to any of the other raids. For example, NS can auto the Rancor raid, zVader can auto the Rancor raid, (L)Ackbar+BB8+CLS+Thrawn+Asajj/Raid Han can solo P3/4 or the HAAT with little input from the user (only have to time Asajj's specials).

Also, my guild's sentiments about STR can be summed up as "the rewards for anything below heroic aren't worth trying for...so we're not going to try". I'm pretty sure *that* is a much better definition of "We consider this an unintended strategy that undermines the spirit of the raid".
  • BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Don’t miss the just now posted discussion on Bonds/Zombie...

Just a thought...shouldn’t I be the one to decide MY strategy in the game I pay money for and spend time on? I’m a guild leader, been playing a long time and I’m starting to feel done with the game...
  • VoodooKing
    101 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Skel and Neyschka should have just kept it to themselves. If I find any infinite loops, no way I'm going to post it on youtube any longer.
  • They won't reply, and if they do it will be lip service. I'm not sure why this playerbase keeps thinking they can change cg's mind on things like this. Let's hope they don't destroy ns or trayas isolate in arena and instead just deal with the raid boss interaction. Will they? Oh very unlikely, but nothing we say here is going to sway them one way or the other.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Hi Holotable Heroes,
    We are aware of a strategy with Asajj and Nightsister Acolyte that allows players to take an infinite number of turns in the Sith Triumvirate Raid. We consider this an unintended strategy that undermines the spirit of the raid, as it requires little input from the player and deals significantly more damage than other teams in STR.
    There will be a larger announcement later today with more details about a change to prevent the above behavior, but we wanted inform everyone right away that we will be addressing this issue as soon as possible.

What they mean to say is:

"Holotable Heroes,

We are aware that players have found out a way to do massive damage and have fun in the Sith Raid. This is NOT what we intended and plan to fix it as soon as possible. Players are not allowed to do massive damage without our cash generator...I mean JTR. We will be nerfing all characters even more to ensure that none of you have fun in the raid as intended, and we will continue to ignore your feedback we have been constantly asking for. Good luck enjoying it now, fools!"
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Hahahaha!! They change this but not anything to do with the raid? OMG this is so funny. I'm sorry but wow! This is just clear narcissism at best. 1400+ posts of things wrong with the raid and they change this.
    I'm laughing so much I'm snorting.
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    They just posted. Can't fully heal after 20 finds of weakness. That really hampers ns p4 strategies
  • Peempo
    403 posts Member
    I'm not gonna lie, I love the nerfing of the acolyte team as I agree with it undermining the spirit of the raid. But this change is a lazy fix that will just completely nerf ns effectiveness overall.
  • himobi
    63 posts Member
    It's not even August or April fools day but the good news keeps on coming
  • Not "hampers" completely castrates any ability to do anything worth while.

So many people in my guild that are going to put in tickets to get their zeta's back from their NS teams. Legit only reason for some of those Zetas at all. This is a complete and utter failure on their part to realize the true issue, Traya's Isolate. That is the only reason this is possible. Yet they refuse to address that and instead manage to tick off a large portion of their player base in the process.

GG CG
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    GRTL wrote: »
    They just posted. Can't fully heal after 20 finds of weakness. That really hampers ns p4 strategies

I think the bigger issue is the fact that they are going after the Paper Zombie strategy. That will tick off many players who invested in NS because the strategy worked. It doesn't effect me and what I run, but it will many others.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    We should get paid for being this game’s debug team lol
  • I have never seen a game with developers so out of touch with the player base. You took the worst possible approach to fixing a shortcut in the Sith Raid that the vast majority of players wouldn’t have been able to even use until their guilds mastered the raid. You nerfed the one team that didn’t make this raid feel like a horrible, tedious chore. Meanwhile you have ignored literally thousands of comments of feedback asking you to fix the glaring problems that make the raid a horrid grind for rewards that do not feel in any way adequate for the effort out in. I’m sincerely trying to keep from just typing every profanity I know and wishing horrible things on those who make these decisions. This is the kind of decision that drives loyal players away. I hate this raid, and I hate the people who continue to suck the fun out of this game by making it feel like work instead of play.
  • Rimzo
    120 posts Member
    I’ve never seen such an incompetent group of people. Can I get a refund on my Daka zeta and my asajj zeta now?
  • HK22 wrote: »

I think the bigger issue is the fact that they are going after the Paper Zombie strategy. That will tick off many players who invested in NS because the strategy worked. It doesn't effect me and what I run, but it will many others.

This. The one team that was actually fun to run in this raid just got turned into garbage. The devs of this game continue to screw over the player base at every opportunity. It’s insulting.
  • GRTL
    48 posts Member
    HK22 wrote: »

Tickets me off. My guild is working towards heroic hitting the horrendous lower tiers that aren't any fun anyway and we have several people with night sister builds. I've run it without zombie and did ok, but you reallyhey good damage between 25 and 35 bonds of weakness, so theyare nerfing the whole ns strategy.
  • Hi all the people who used this paper zombie for 3 months in arena and climbed and accrued crystals do they get crystals taken away? Or is it because now zombie is farmable they don't want the general population to ever enjoy the raid ever? I don't have a paper zombie but I don't have a g12 zombie either
This discussion has been closed.