Can someone explain how the ventress/acolyte combo in the Sith Raid is an "unintended strategy"?

electricnick260
193 posts Member
edited July 2018
Edit: My mistake, I was unaware there was a specific team that was being referenced and thought it was about ventress and acolyte only, as that's what I had seen in other posts, I only just now found the post explaining the situation, a lot of my argument about nerfs still stands, but my bad about this specific nerf, it actually seems like a valid nerf imo, I merely misunderstood the information I was seeing floating around. And after reading the dev post on the topic, I'm glad to see acolyte isn't actually being changed in and of herself, but that the raid is being changed to make sure actual strategy is required, while not truly increasing the difficulty, which would surely result in several furious players. I apologize for anyone else I may have mislead with my own misinformation.

I was pretty sure the point of ventress' leader ability for every aspect of the game was to make nightsisters move way faster by making them gain turn meter when they take damage, by the logic being used here to nerf acolyte, palpatine should be nerfed as well for p3 of HAAT, yet that strategy is one of the more well known p3 HAAT strategies. It seems to me like almost every time we find a not-pay-to-win strategy that could significantly improve damage output for everyone, it gets nerfed quickly. It's kind of discouraging. Ventress' leadership was designed to make nightsisters move faster because they constantly heal to full health and are constantly knocked by down below full health, resulting in turn meter gain, which allows them to go, and then heal up again, just to get knocked below full again and the cycle repeats, and the strategy being nerfed doesn't do that well relatively speaking anyway, acolyte doesn't take "infinite turns" she only goes 3-5 times in a row usually, and this severely weakens the rest of the team in the process because acolyte heals herself back to full health just fine, but the rest of the team suffers, so the second an aoe gets applied, most of the team dies quickly after that, Also, bonds of weakness increases damage for every stack, so after a while it has to be cleansed and the bonus turns acolyte takes will reset for a couple turns, and by that time enraged will strike and make the strategy useless because it relies on acolyte being in stealth. Like I said, nerfing a strategy like this is very discouraging, it's beginning to feel like f2p players are being punished for not buying expensive marquee characters and packs, which is quite harsh and I'm sure a lot of players have quit over things like this. The raid isn't much fun anymore because of the number of strategies being nerfed for not being "intended." I'm just trying to say it's kind of dissappointing that this strategy is being nerfed, when I don't see how it wasn't intended or at least foreseen. Ventress goes quite often due to the way her leadership works as well. and she's gonna get nerfed too I'm sure. I'm sure I'm not the only person upset about this either.
Post edited by electricnick260 on

Replies

• Options
    Have you even seen the team the nerf is referencing? It's not acolyte attacking 3-5 times. It's literally soloing all of p3, and most of nihilus in p4.
  • Options
    Have you even seen the team the nerf is referencing? It's not acolyte attacking 3-5 times. It's literally soloing all of p3, and most of nihilus in p4.

I use said team in p3 and p4 of tier 5. It requires an ungodly level of critical chance and speed and good RNG to keep it going that long. With the work it takes to get to the point you're talking about, it deserves to stay how. It is. It's not like you just throw in a g7 acolyte with a couple crit mods on her and she solos the phase, it does require work
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options

I use said team in p3 and p4 of tier 5. It requires an ungodly level of critical chance and speed and good RNG to keep it going that long. With the work it takes to get to the point you're talking about, it deserves to stay how. It is. It's not like you just throw in a g7 acolyte with a couple crit mods on her and she solos the phase, it does require work

Its not ventress acolyte thats the problem though they mention that in the post. Its treya and 38 million hsr team.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Naraic wrote: »

Its not ventress acolyte thats the problem though they mention that in the post. Its treya and 38 million hsr team.

This. The trio allows for an "infinite loop" which has always been stated to be "against the spirit" of any raid.
  • Options
    what is hilarious, and not in an amusing way, is that for this team to work, you need traya at 7* to do heroic. let me recap, TRAYA @ 7*.
  • Options
    what is hilarious, and not in an amusing way, is that for this team to work, you need traya at 7* to do heroic. let me recap, TRAYA @ 7*.

Ironic. She could save others from cheesy strategies, but not herself
  • Options

Ironic. She could save others from cheesy strategies, but not herself
    Naraic wrote: »

and CG took 2 steps in the wrong direction to fix an error on their part. CG is always 2 steps behind and in the wrong direction. they need to nerf 'paper zombie', but i have to ask how they didnt figure out that zombie dying numerous times would feed asajj. it didnt take game theory players to figure that out.

• Options
    Because too many players INVESTED IN NS teams which are more effective than other teams in HSTR. This heavy use of 1+year old units to pass the new 2018 end game content is not the intended behavior. NS have been nerfed to promote the intented behavior which is spending a lot of money investing in teams for HSTR.

If they really wanted to just fix the loop Traya would have been fixed since the loop is made possible with TRAYA , yet she was not touched in the fix.
  • Options
    Because too many players INVESTED IN NS teams which are more effective than other teams in HSTR. This heavy use of 1+year old units to pass the new 2018 end game content is not the intended behavior. NS have been nerfed to promote the intented behavior which is spending a lot of money investing in teams for HSTR.

If they really wanted to just fix the loop Traya would have been fixed since the loop is made possible with TRAYA , yet she was not touched in the fix.

But Acolyte also wasn't touched, and neither was ventress, bonds of weakness, the buff on the raid boss, is what was changed. If you read my edit you'll see that I acknowledged misinformation that led to this post. Zombie is being nerfed, which is infuriating, but nothing raid based is being changed to hurt the nightsisters, they'll still do massive damage, try using a zeta talzin lead. easy 3 million in p3 and p4
  • XKurareX
    478 posts Member
    Options
    Traya is the problem and can loop hole with traya p1 as well...

Just devs didnt understood that yet. They changed ns so everyone behind got completely jinxed to not offend the handful of 7s Traya owners. Great job!