[Mechanic inconsistency] QGJ assist vs other assists

Not a bug per se, though there are a lot of reports of Harmonious Assault being bugged.
But I find it weird that if QGJ kills an enemy with this ability, ally doesn't even get called to an assist (despite GS and IG-86 still calling a character even if they kill their target in one hit).
Consistency, please.

Replies

• Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Was a char stunned by the time QGJ was calling an assist?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Was a char stunned by the time QGJ was calling an assist?

No. This is 100% reproducible if you try to kill low-HP character with QGJ assist and with GS assist.
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Yep, I can confirm this. In terms of damage it doesn't make any difference but Daka could stun or revive someone on the assist for example
  • Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    Yep, I can confirm this. In terms of damage it doesn't make any difference but Daka could stun or revive someone on the assist for example

Well if she revives someone on assist it's quite another bug, I guess :)
  • Vodo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »

Well if she revives someone on assist it's quite another bug, I guess :)

Lol, sorry, my brain's a bit foggy today :s
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I dont see a problem with this, in fact I think GS and IG 86 would be wrong in calling. While it has benefited me many times (GS calling in Rey who procs foresight), i like QGJ's approach better. "I killed em, we don't need your weak assist."
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    I dont see a problem with this, in fact I think GS and IG 86 would be wrong in calling. While it has benefited me many times (GS calling in Rey who procs foresight), i like QGJ's approach better. "I killed em, we don't need your weak assist."

Well, I'm all for consistency, not for obligatory assist. It's just that any other assist in the game I've seen - 86's, GS's, Aayla's etc - works differently. If they all were reworked to work as QGJ's - I'd be okay with that.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Well, its QGJ being a "better" Jedi, he notes that the enemy is beaten and moves on, while others still call assists to trample fallen enemies. j/k
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.