Add more characters in Squad Arena and Galactic War?

CPMP
974 posts Member
edited March 2016
When you have to choose among Ugnaughts, Greedo, random droids and Sidious the choice appears to be quite obvious...Almost everyone goes for Sidious.
The time it requires to get a hero to 7* from Squad Arena and GW (getting average 800 SA/GW currency per day) is 33 days. Almost everyone who plays for 2 months, has Lumi, Phasma, Sid, or Droids. The game has a lot heroes with a lot synergies. It's sad to see the same team over and over again. So what are your thoughts?

Add more characters in Squad Arena and Galactic War? 86 votes

Yes, game needs more diversity
90%
QeltarGenakumaParagonDrPancakesBoro_Smooth1Sticare_Courts_0073DeathSSlayerDarthMufasaDoomOBoogieIIIdc2484StarSonDiscoSliceender_wigginsJedi_BobVader_Be_HatinKAULIBrobiWanKenobiHarfoushBNCSnysi 78 votes
No, it's fine as it is
6%
Khorvog_KarbossaCatsEyesSlayvoffKopfschussStarjumperRobert 6 votes
Other
2%
ThomasLyleVIII 2 votes

Replies

• scuba
    14047 posts Member
    CPMP wrote: »
    The time it requires to get a hero to 7* from Squad Arena and GW (getting average 800 shards per day) is 33 days.

Typo? 800 shard per day on average would allow you, if you had the credits to 7* a character in 1 day.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    The time it requires to get a hero to 7* from Squad Arena and GW (getting average 800 shards per day) is 33 days.

Typo? 800 shard per day on average would allow you, if you had the credits to 7* a character in 1 day.

Yes, meant currency, thx :)
  • Yes, game needs more diversity

And Grievious soon thereafter :D
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    No, it's fine as it is
    So obviously we will get more when characters are added, but here's an option: quit being cookie cutter and try a new setup.

here's what I'm farming:
    cantina battles: jawa
    cantina redemption: saving up for next character, as we farm very slowly. daka at 7*
    arena: HK-47. i have sid 7*, Storm Han 7*. HK-47 i might not even use but i need a droid for my future jawa team and he seems the best to use with them
    GW: datcha. i got phasma, lumi 7*

but try to buy these other characters and break this annoying mold. make a nightsister team, and grab the initiate from gw and asajj from arena. make an anti-droid team, grabbing eeth koth and datcha, make a scoundrel team.

my point is, if you want to see different teams, then stop using cookie cutters!
    (reference, my team is kylo, sid, phasma (L), daka, and FOTP, but i built those without researching what other people were doing. i grabbed sid, kylo, and phasma cause i find them cool, fotp cause i at first was gonna do a FO team, but found officer and stormtrooper were not easily farmable nor worth it to me, and i use daka because i thought that combining her with phasma might give extra stun. My new team i am building is Datcha, Jawa, HK-47, and then if they are soon released jawa engineer and chief nebit)

edit: also, you can farm Grievous by buying shards of characters you already have 7* of
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @Khorvog_Karbossa a Jawa team nice! I am slowly working on an ewok team.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    I started early December so this is what teams look like in my shard :
    l9h1zgi.png
    HgI4Mfd.png
    AxDR2In.png
    PqXFH7N.png

And GW seems exactly the same. Every team has at least 3 of these : Sid, Lumi, JC, Phasma.
    Since the GW and SA currency stay the same between whales and f2p, and are restricted to average 800 per day, nothing would be so gamebraking by adding a few more choices instead of the obvious ones.
    Adding a second Jedi next to Eeth Koth should be one of the main improvements to Arena Shipments.
    Not something groundbreaking, but Kit Fisto would be nice I guess.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Adding a second Jedi next to Eeth Koth should be one of the main improvements to Arena Shipments.

I would like to see a Kit Fisto or Anakin. I haven't met either in battle in my 2+ month gametime.
  • LRMoser
    139 posts Member
    I think it would be nice to have a weekly character in the Arena and GW shipments.

It would really be neat if they had Ewok week and Shaman and Scout showed up then the next week it was Empire week and Moff and Veers was there. If it was only for a week I know that you could 7* players up but this would give people opportunity to build up different characters
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member
    And GW seems exactly the same. Every team has at least 3 of these : Sid, Lumi, JC, Phasma.
    Since the GW and SA currency stay the same between whales and f2p, and are restricted to average 800 per day, nothing would be so gamebraking by adding a few more choices instead of the obvious ones.

I am all for adding new charaters in all shipments and hope it happens.

But just to clarify instead of most teams running sid, lumi, jc, phasma you want most teams to run new awesome arena shipment charater that everyone farms and new awesome GW shipment character that everyone farms and at least 3 of Sid, Lumi, JC, or Phasama?

So how does that add diversity?

With a game made up off mostly f2p or low payer players, and the squad arena rank obsession, which also gives out the most free money (crystals), driving the meta/teams of the game you are not going to get much diversity.

Adding another "good" charater to shipments will only add another charater that "everbody" uses.

You won't get diversity with the current setup of the game.
  • No, it's fine as it is

But just to clarify instead of most teams running sid, lumi, jc, phasma you want most teams to run new awesome arena shipment charater that everyone farms and new awesome GW shipment character that everyone farms and at least 3 of Sid, Lumi, JC, or Phasama?

With a game made up off mostly f2p or low payer players, and the squad arena rank obsession, which also gives out the most free money (crystals), driving the meta/teams of the game you are not going to get much diversity.

Adding another "good" charater to shipments will only add another charater that "everbody" uses.

exactly my point above, the problem is conformity, no one wants to think for themselves in the top 200.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    After I ninish my current proyects my next GW-Arena char will be Grievous :)
  • scuba
    14047 posts Member

exactly my point above, the problem is conformity, no one wants to think for themselves in the top 200.

Yup. I try to change it up a little but I am in the 300-500 ranks normally.
    Have NS team, glass canon team, Jedi team, and working now on an ewok and clone team.

Also in GW if my opponent doesn't have Sid then I won'the use him
  • No, it's fine as it is
    There's so many unused characters.
    Before add characters, make them useful.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I would like to see a Kit Fisto or Anakin. I haven't met either in battle in my 2+ month gametime.

If he was there, I would set a 6 hour timer. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member

It requires 33 days to get a hero from Arena to 7*, assuming you get 800 arena currency from day one. Other than Sidious, there isn't anyone else there for people to see and say "Woah!! That's one of my favorite Star Wars heroes! I'll go farm him as first!"
    Greedo is very good. He is much better than Sid actually. Why everyone has Sid and not Greedo? Because you can't compare Greedo and Sid in level of awesomeness. Old players will get him sure, they ll get everyone from Arena shipments eventually, but this won't stop new players to go for Sid as their first char, because he outclasses everyone and offers limited choice.
    I linked pics of my shard. I use Sid, Kylo, Vader, Ventress and Dooku. Slow team, without healer and if i get some of my chars stunned, i'm done. But i won't use Lumi and JC even though i have them 7* and 6* because i'm so sick of same teams.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member

Anakin, Fisto or Old Ben either way a second jedi would be the best for arena
    I'd kill/kiss someone to put kit fisto in there ijs
  • No, it's fine as it is
    Personally I think it's fine. We have about 75 characters, about 10 farmable in arena, 10 in GW, majority available to shard farm and some chromium exclusives. I think general availability is good and the reason why other heroes that you may not usually used are in arena and GW shops is to get people to use them eventually once you've got the main ones you still have to spend your point and tokens on something right?

At the end of the day it's a business and the business model isn't to give everything away for free. You can see a lot of thought has gone into it to make certain characters harder to obtain than others which isn't a bad thing at all.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • VIII
    495 posts Member
    Other
    I would rather they alternate the heroes so you can't 7* in 3 weeks, for ex. 9 available heroes to choose from that alternate every 3 weeks, so by the time you see your hero again it could take 3-4 months just to 7*, at least this way you would have more heroes to try/test with and see who really is north worth it
    VIII wrote: »
    I would rather they alternate the heroes so you can't 7* in 3 weeks, for ex. 9 available heroes to choose from that alternate every 3 weeks, so by the time you see your hero again it could take 3-4 months just to 7*, at least this way you would have more heroes to try/test with and see who really is north worth it

That is fine as long as every character is available in at least 1 node (minus the chromium exclusives).
  • VIII wrote: »

Good idea only thing is would it have given an unfair advantage to the already playing for example it might take you a month to 7 star Sid but new players would take 3
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Starjumper wrote: »
    Personally I think it's fine. We have about 75 characters, about 10 farmable in arena, 10 in GW, majority available to shard farm and some chromium exclusives. I think general availability is good and the reason why other heroes that you may not usually used are in arena and GW shops is to get people to use them eventually once you've got the main ones you still have to spend your point and tokens on something right?

At the end of the day it's a business and the business model isn't to give everything away for free. You can see a lot of thought has gone into it to make certain characters harder to obtain than others which isn't a bad thing at all.

They don't give anyone for "free". It takes 33 days to get 1 Arena hero to 7* either as f2p or p2p. Arena has 12 heroes considered "free". But in fact, you have to spend 1 year and 1 month non stop in order to have all those. But the problem is that those heroes are never gonna get picked. Most people that have 3-4 heroes form Arena they are hoarding Arena tokens and wait for something new. They don't bother with coruscant police or ugnaught and others. And new players aren't gonna bother with those either.
    VIII wrote: »

That's actually a pretty good idea. Most people now rush a team of 5 heroes to 7* and then no matter how many heroes they get on chromium/bronzium or unlock, they'll never going to use them at lower than 5 stars.

Big_Boss wrote: »
    Hold your horses, gentlemen. :) Anakin and Ben would be a little too strong for that purpose. Unless I'm missing something and Kit is actually still used somewhere outside of Yoda Event.

I don't suspect Anakin to ever become obtainable in shipments btw. It seems to be the game's policy that a character either gets 1 shipment and 0/1 hard nodes or 0 shipments and 2/3 hard nodes. Very few don't follow this logic. Anakin has 3 hard nodes which is plenty, most players just don't want to try (until recently it seems).
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member

Hold your horses, gentlemen. :) Anakin and Ben would be a little too strong for that purpose. Unless I'm missing something and Kit is actually still used somewhere outside of Yoda Event.

I don't suspect Anakin to ever become obtainable in shipments btw. It seems to be the game's policy that a character either gets 1 shipment and 0/1 hard nodes or 0 shipments and 2/3 hard nodes. Very few don't follow this logic. Anakin has 3 hard nodes which is plenty, most players just don't want to try (until recently it seems).

Even if all those were in arena shipments, Anakin, Old Ben, Kit Fisto, Rey, Maul, Aayla, a same time, it would take both f2p and p2p 33x6 7 months to get all of them. Those who want them faster would still have to spend a lot of money on chromium. Low spenders who get Old ben and Maul for example from chromiums at 4* can't even star them and use them.

About Anakin, he has 3 nodes yes, but they are very energy hungry, and 1 of them is pretty hard to 3 star it as dark side. It will take months to get him 7* so he can replace someone like Sid or Phasma and it will make you spend less energy for gear and other heroes. And tbh he isn't that impressive to worth all that effort.

The more i think about it i believe that the game would be better if it had a soft cap at 5* at release, like it had with level. And slowly increase it the star level to 7*. Now everyone rushes the easiest obtainable heroes to 7* in order to be competitive and we see the same teams over and over in GW and Arena.

About Anakin, he has 3 nodes yes, but they are very energy hungry, and 1 of them is pretty hard to 3 star it as dark side. It will take months to get him 7* so he can replace someone like Sid or Phasma and it will make you spend less energy for gear and other heroes. And tbh he isn't that impressive to worth all that effort.

The more i think about it i believe that the game would be better if it had a soft cap at 5* at release, like it had with level. And slowly increase it the star level to 7*. Now everyone rushes the easiest obtainable heroes to 7* in order to be competitive and we see the same teams over and over in GW and Arena.

I understand that it's always the same on a newer server, but that's the game, slowly progressing towards endgame while you and your server mature. Certain characters only show after a certain amount of time. :)

This particular idea could be very interesting. Locking the available stars for a certain period of time, depending on player level or server "age" for example. I give this two :+1: .
    Only acceptable answer is YES - otherwise i ZAP you