I think the devs forgot the purpose of a game (Sith raid discussion)

I want to ask everyone that reads this Why do you play this game?
for me it is because I love star wars and i find this game fun, if i didn't like star wars or if I didn't find this game fun to play, I would not be playing it and in recent updates new character releases this game devs have proven to us that they have forgotten that games are sopposed to be fun primarily and challenging secondary and last scam players.
i hace a few issues with the last 2 months choices the devs made:

1) 10 marquee characters in a roll, I loved KOTOR 1 & 2, but I will not botter getting those characters since they are just a scam for our money. Marquee 'events' are OK in realy small doses, but if your new characters are only by marquee you just lost all exitement for who they are or what they can do in the game.

2) The sith raid nerfs, all the good teams are getting nerfed, some justified and had to be, others in excuses to make player think it is more challenging but not realy. This raid has been released for some time and every team that is fun to play in the raid gets nerfed, who is next the jedi team? traya should be nerfed yes, but not by nerfing the nightsisters, that does not make sense. my opinion is that isolate should nerfed on bosses, or that more than 100 stacks of bonds of weakness istakill characters or more than 50 stacks the damage becomes lethal, also could be a good nerf that doesn't that away the fun part of nightsisters.

3) Zombie has to be changed and change zombie by making that anihilated does kill her and she doesn't revive after it and any other ability like that also makes her not able to revive. or her give buffs to the one that kill her, or debuffs for the rest of the team when she dies.

I'm slowing losing interest in this game, because of the many bad choices the devs are making, and these 3 just the last ones.
this doesn't make me happy at all, I like this game, but it is slowing destroying itself be making bad decisions that take away what makes a game played, the fun part of it.

After all that I just want to say that I want this game to grow and be better and more interesting.

Replies

• i agree. they just keep pumping content and then nerfing the teams that we spend a lot of time tweaking to make good. it seems that CG just waits around for us to 'break the spirit of the game' so they can nerf it when because they didnt do any testing or research up front.
  • I play because EA supports non donors which makes up a big value of the game. Lots of games are pay to win and only a handful appreciate non donors. I can honestly say I've only seen one other game that values all players.

I've been playing for about 3 years and have watched the game grow. Sure, there's some areas that need improvement but lots of areas that have grown and are way better. EA also made grinds easier then in the beginning. I currently have a guild and we do pretty good for a relaxed guild. Sure we tend to miss TW but raids are always happening.

To me the grind isn't as bad as lots of other games as well. Some require hours of game play each day when all can be done in about an hour now. After 3 years I'm still enjoying the game and I do like these events that introduce new characters. It's better then the monthly log in style and back then if you missed a day no new character for you.

I play for free and so we'll. PS spots open in my guild!!!

gk8wbqwklway.png
    cuhgs59qc84b.png
    g8afaxhanen9.png

• Dabenax wrote: »
    3) Zombie has to be changed and change zombie by making that anihilated does kill her and she doesn't revive after it and any other ability like that also makes her not able to revive. or her give buffs to the one that kill her, or debuffs for the rest of the team when she dies.
    maybe I'm missing something... why would you want to change it so that zombie doesn't revive after annihilate? You say that you don't want the Nightsisters nerfed but that would be a huge nerf.
  • Dabenax wrote: »
    maybe I'm missing something... why would you want to change it so that zombie doesn't revive after annihilate? You say that you don't want the Nightsisters nerfed but that would be a huge nerf.

i agree, if they make that nerf, there wont be any need for zombie with NS.

• I keep playing as I like it, most of the time. I don't like however, the people running it, so I complain a lot.

I mean who doesn't like making their favourite SW characters whack each other?

It's better than MSF too, they managed to stuff that royally over in Foxnext land. Oh and if you think CG's communication is bad, they seem like an open book by comparison. They don't even have an official forum to ignore.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The Sith Raid has been a complete ****show from the start, because CG has certain expectations for what we players should be able to accomplish. They want Player W to be able to make X progress after Y time and Z money spent. Anytime we exceed these unknown expectations, we get hit with character/team nerfs.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    I'd much rather have marquee than the release structures they've had previously. I don't love sitting on a 3* character (or saving 6000 or more crystals to get the char to 4* if their someone I particularly like such as T3 or Sion) for a while, but I always know that they'll become farmable in time. Not in love with where they're being placed when they are farmable, but I get that they need to be harder to reach than older toons. Still trying to figure out whether Young Han's placement was a blessing or not. But, I'm straying from the issue of marquee, and I have no issue with the events themselves and little issue with the release cadence afterwards. In fact, I'm glad I'm able already have levels and some gear/ability levels in before I actually start the farm up.

I get how STR has been handled. It's the new thing, and it's supposed to be a goal to work for, not something that can be figured out with what's currently available (which should be a big part of it, but not the only part) I can't say I fully agree with every change (mostly the bonds not proccing damage based uniques and abilities, Han's taunt needed the nerf, but I don't think Zavage did, and a lot of the others who were effected. They said they weren't trying to single out Han, but I think they should of) but I get it.

Not quite sure I understand your 3rd point, OP. The upcoming nerf to the NS in prt 3 makes sense to me. So does the Zombie change. A big point of this game is to get your characters as powerful as possible, and Zombie contradicts that. Old Ben did a while ago in the Maul meta too, but R2 squashed that and weak Ben isn't really a raid strat

I really love Star Wars, and I think this game has been handled really well overall. A few bumps and bruises, the latest one being T3 not being released two weeks ago for android (my opinion, feel free to disagree) so his cadence is with the rest of the old republic squad (unless I misunderstand when he'll become available in shipments and then to farm)
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Dabenax wrote: »
    After all that I just want to say that I want this game to grow and be better and more interesting.

Your last sentence says it all, the game is doing the opposite of each three things.. growing, getting better and more interesting.

The game isn't growing due to poor/rushed/untested/retrospective content. e.g. bringing out content such as Sith Raid which in turn needs existing content altering.... every other game in history new content is brought out to work with existing. Oh and of course Strike Force is better in almost every way apart from the fact its not star wars which we all love.

• I agree on some point and disagree on others.

Your rant about the nightsister zombie IMHO is **** lol. Its fine as it is... I eat nightsister teams all the time... you just dont have the right lineup to kill them thats all.

But I do have something to say about the sith raid... I was looking at my guild, we are I guess a middle class guild we have about 80M GP and we do Sith Raid on Tier 5 right now and... well it's the penultimate of borring.. out of the 50 members only 30 have bothered to do damage to it and out of those 30 only 6 have done it the right way... the first 6 have done it with the mecanics and their score shows it. 2 first have 19M dmg (we are currently finishing phase1 ) the 3rd has 8M then 6M and 5M.. then you get those that are strong but not enough to enjoy it so they (like me) just auto it into oblivion. Thats 15 (thats half) that dont bother with mecanics and do poorly...

It takes us more than a week to complete the T5 and in the end... we get ultra crappy rewards.

In its current state the SR is ultimate boredom but for a fraction of the player base.
    I remember when I srated I was excited to try and do good in the Pit and in the AAT.. then I started doing HPit and HAAT and I still have a blast doing those two.

Now I can solo the hPit and I can do decent damage on the hAAT ( around 5M ) and Im still having fun with those raids.... but the sith raid has soooo many complicated mecanics and its soooooo based on RNG thats its just boring... I have two friend who border on the 3M GP and their guild do the hSith and after seeing them do it... well I'm even more depressed...

It took my friend and hour to do it's 2% damage... when the actual fight took about 2 minutes... why?
    Because it has to be RNG perfect so he restarted that fight around 30 times... yes sometimes RNG is with him and he doest it in 2 or 3 attempts but most of the time is a try fail retry fail, retry fail.... because the mecanics is just tooo convoluted complicated and RNG based.

There is no RNG in the hPit... there is no RNG in AAT either you have the buff or you dont when it comes up.. if you do you are safe if you dont you die. Thats simple and yet you need to have good teams to do a decent ammount of damage but the sith raid.... god I hate it... i HATE IT

So Im not working toward it because if I do I will have to do it and to me it ruined the end game...
    Fortunately so far I can focus on other aspect TW are meeeh TB are awesome thats whats saving the game for me right now. I can work on some toon and everytime I have a TB I can see the progress I made.

The sith.... whatever I send I do **** and its boring .. I got thrawn I was excited I got 200 more rank in the arena what did it do for the sith... squat... I didn't notice anything when I put thrawn in the mix...

For me if it end up I only have the Sith Raid to look ahead it will sound the gong to end my SWGOH carrer.

My 2 cents.
  • You say there's no RNG in Pit or HAAT but its obvious you haven't played them closer to their release with the original teams. Try playing Pit with Teebo(and before they fixed his stealth even) or Chirpatine etc in HAAT. Once the raids get older and power creep and new toons get in, teams pop up that can solo phases or the raid entirely and that's the natural order of things. Same thing happens with Sith raid already new teams have appeared and people can do it quicker.
    Now I'm not saying it is as fun as Tank (for me its still the most enjoyable raid) but once you get into the point in its lifecycle where teams do huge chunks or even solo phases it will be the same.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Retreat,retreat,retreat..rinse and repeat..that is the definition of this "sith"show,its tiresome at best.If i have to retreat more than 3xs bc of nihilus and his "sith" RNG..I shut the game off and hope some1 else does something.Sprinkle on some ships 2.0 is just disappointing in what was an awesome game is now an average run of the mill phone game.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    for me it is because I love star wars and i find this game fun, if i didn't like star wars or if I didn't find this game fun to play, I would not be playing it and in recent updates new character releases this game devs have proven to us that they have forgotten that games are sopposed to be fun primarily and challenging secondary and last scam players.

1) 10 marquee characters in a roll, I loved KOTOR 1 & 2, but I will not botter getting those characters since they are just a scam for our money. Marquee 'events' are OK in realy small doses, but if your new characters are only by marquee you just lost all exitement for who they are or what they can do in the game.

2) The sith raid nerfs, all the good teams are getting nerfed, some justified and had to be, others in excuses to make player think it is more challenging but not realy. This raid has been released for some time and every team that is fun to play in the raid gets nerfed, who is next the jedi team? traya should be nerfed yes, but not by nerfing the nightsisters, that does not make sense. my opinion is that isolate should nerfed on bosses, or that more than 100 stacks of bonds of weakness istakill characters or more than 50 stacks the damage becomes lethal, also could be a good nerf that doesn't that away the fun part of nightsisters.

I'm slowing losing interest in this game, because of the many bad choices the devs are making, and these 3 just the last ones.
    this doesn't make me happy at all, I like this game, but it is slowing destroying itself be making bad decisions that take away what makes a game played, the fun part of it.

lol says sith raid is not fun (it's not) then says wants zombie to not revive on annilate so in fact the raid becomes even 10000x harder....wow sir.....wow

• Dk_rek wrote: »

lol says sith raid is not fun (it's not) then says wants zombie to not revive on annilate so in fact the raid becomes even 10000x harder....wow sir.....wow

Lol. Yep @Dk_rek I know right? I'm a bit puzzled here myself tbh. ;)
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ