Bonds of Weakness Change Followup (MEGA)

Replies

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Could you also look at the impact that limiting healing to 90% will have on other cases? Since Traya's Bonds of Weakness is a mechanic for fully half of the game:
    • Capt Han - Nick of Time: "...In addition, at the end of his turn, Han recovers health equal to 10% of his max health. If Han has full heath, the least healthy ally is healed instead..."
    • Visas Marr - Dark Healing: "...If Visas Marr is at full Health after using this ability, revive a random defeated ally at 50% Health"
    • Sith Raid Ability: Protectors: "...In addition, whenever another allied unit is healed to 100%, healers gain a Heal Over Time buff for 2 turns."
    None of these will have any effect anymore once BoW reaches whatever threshold you decide is "right". Does that seem like acceptable collateral for fixing a team requiring the 7* hero rewarded by said raid?
    Because it does not to me.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • The_Noobish_Hipster
    316 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Every time a bugfix is announced, I get an image of a blind man swinging at a Piñata in my head. But with the man not knowing what game he’s playing.

Edit: They‘ve also given the blind man a Gatling gun or a frag grenade in hopes of him hitting said piñata
    Post edited by The_Noobish_Hipster on
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Not much to add that hasn't already been touched on. I'd just like to read the developer response as to why after a year that the Zombie strategy needs 'fixed'? Also why when the main mechanic that caused the issue with the infinite loop lies with Isolate and Traya that the entire Nightsisters team needs basically dismantled? Also why Daka's unique is the only zeta that is considered refundable when Talzin and Ventress' uniques are custom built for this strategy as well? I could keep adding more 'also's', but I'll wait breathlessly for a response to those first.

I'll try to answer your questions in order:

1) because some time ago you had to pay to have her and ironically this nerf pops out exactly when most of the f2ps are completing her farming.
    2) because Traya is insanely and ridiculously powerful, they don't want to touch her because she is the only thing that keeps people on the raid. Otherwise nobody would play it. They even had to add ridiculous gear pieces because people basically lost interest in the raid like 2 months after its implementation. So now that NSs are nerfed the raid is harder, the road is longer, whales have fun and who must be happy is happy.
    3) because they can admit a tiny bit of fault by refunding you one thing, but they will never admit to have created such a mess that they need to refund you a whole team. In fact, you can thank God for the Daka zeta back, it's a huge present. They didn't do this with all the zetas they destroyed in the past.
  • All you have done with Sith raid is an absoulte botched job. Beginning with the nerf to stormtrooper Han and ending with nightsisters. YOU the programmers should simulate every combination of teams possible and then make decissions and not wait to a player taking his time making tests and then nerf things. The stormtrooper Han ability was there way long before sith raid was launched, then you find out that it does not work as you expected and instead of reviewing the sith raid mechanics you just nerf a character and it is all done. You have done this in the HAAT before (Nute team) and you keep doing this. You should start thinking if you are doing a good job or not.
  • Just the 1 zeta back? Give me all my gear and Crystal's I've spent on the whole ns team. Only geared them for p4. So ridiculous the way things get handled!
  • Rhettro
    74 posts Member
    I believe the auto loop had to be fixed and though it is not the right way to do it(take health steal off isolate away when attacking a raid boss) I am glad they are giving the zeta mats back for Daka's unique. I zetad Daka day before yesterday. I don't necessarily think that assaj's zeta has to be refunded because most of us would put it back on her since it is still affected by enemy deaths, but it should still be the players choice since this does affect the effectiveness of her unique.

The problem really is with the rush to do this, any nerf to something players have worked on for months should be well thought out. While this doesn't completely dismantle the nightsisters team in P4 it does diminish its value. Bonds should go up to at least 40 before the 90 percent health cap. But in the end at least they are listening to sentiment in some ways and giving us something back, its better than nothing.
  • You can refund the Asajj zetas as well. I put both in her, and specifically for this raid. You're neutering that squad.
  • Bug on purpose, now they can watch how heroic works without Nightsister.
  • Tijack
    76 posts Member
    As someone that has been playing online games for 18 years, im mind blown by that change. Ive never seen such a stupid nerf. Ever.

Like, you can change the effect of one toon slightly to fix the loophole but decide to nerf an entire team instead. Yeah, the team was good. And by "good", i mean "the only team that did good damage without any serious rng involved".

The worst part? Not only do you nerf it after a lot of players geared/zeta'd nightsisters, but you "give back 1 zeta"? I hope this is a joke. Like most players i geared nightsisters for p4. Talia, Daka, Talzin and Asajj, 4 toons i didnt care for at all before it. Thats also 4 zetas.

You want to nerf that team? Fine. Swgoh is a game that requires MONTHS to farm/gear/zeta teams. Give us back all the gear and zetas we used.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    b0lls9shnstw.gif
  • Advice for all. Please wait. Please wait. Let all this frustration pent up.

Let us all open the floodgates on monday, with one thousand pings to their accounts. Please.

Currently, all complaints are falling onto deaf ears.

Let us pent up our frustration for now, shall we?

Let's meet here again on monday. And then we'll make sure they listen, and listen WELL. :smile:
  • The Nightsisters rework was the first step in bringing parity to the arena meta. Messing with that now because the few people who actually have Traya can do the raid faster than before they unlocked its reward seems daft, misguided and harmful to every other phase of the game.

@CG_TopHat , you're punishing anyone who put in the time and money (seeing as MT was p2p for a long time) to build a NS arena team because three people actually have a 7-star Traya and can auto-solo a bit of your precious, new raid after grinding through *how many* of those raids to even have that toon at seven stars?!?!

This defies logic. Having any of those toons without Traya doesn't make one phase of the raid a cakewalk. Simply saying, "so sorry," and giving back zeta mats does not seem very well thought-out, and it hardly seems to be in the same zip code as a viable solution to an exploit available to only a tiny segment of this community.

Guilds have split up and people have quit this game over this raid. While many of us *have* stuck that out and found ways to improve and work through it, it's both reactionary and misguided to punish so many players who aren't even close to being able to use such an exploit.

And is it really an exploit? People can auto-solo multiple phases of the tank raid, now. Anybody with any combo of toons can auto-solo the pit raid. What is the harm when a miniscule percentage of a percent of your players found a way to auto-solo one phase of this, when they are clearly the only ones who can do it?

Fix the mechanic of the raid on your end. Don't punish those who've given you their time and money simply because you rolled out STR without enough testing, or because (gasp) the one percent can do it easier, now.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    @CG_TopHat
    I just have to ask why? This "problem" ONLY affects players with 7* Traya's. They clearly already have the ability to post massive damage.
    Why is it worth losing so many players over something so ridiculously insignificant?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    giphy.gif
  • C4L3B87
    52 posts Member
    You can refund the Asajj zetas as well. I put both in her, and specifically for this raid. You're neutering that squad.
    I completely agree with this. I have posted so many times stating I put the zeta on asajj lead literally 5 hours before they blew up the game.... I WANT MY ZETA BACK!!
  • What an insult. Give us back something we already earned. This is just incompetence. Fix trayas isolate when used in raid bosses and nobody is angry.

Keep stepping in it, continued downward spiral we go. CG has no good will with the swgoh community. You’ve flushed it down the toilet too many times. Your feigned apology and your “frustrations” are an insult to the players of the game. Just come out and give us all the middle finger. At least we could get laugh at the memes that would follow.
  • RJT rendered my Finn zeta useless. May I have it back, to allocate elsewhere, please?
  • w7m1twi0uac1.gif
  • Fixing zombie's revive only NOW??? When it came out it was already broken, but now that it works well in a raid u just keep nerfing it? Goddamn.

Exactly. You guys do realize that this has been a problem in the Arena and in TW defenses since last October, right?
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    they are making a decision that effects many players, the swgoh.gg zeta report from July 28th 2018,
    Old Daka Zetas 22,803 / 0.84% of all Zetas / 16.80% of all Old Daka / 27.29% of G10+ Old Daka

s9XaKVn.png
  • egtrip
    23 posts Member
    the company is returning 22,000 zetas but not listen to the community to make changes that many are asking for?
  • moicano
    25 posts Member
    I am very sorry and angry. Ea programs only for the largest guilds.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    It's crazy, this whole thing.

I have an idea. Hear me out. How about anytime someone blessed with Traya tries to add any toon from this infinite loop team gets a big red cross in front of said toon and is unable to use them together? No massive across the board nerf, no pitchfork forum members and a potential fortune in refunds saved???

Good lord, common sense... Tis a wonderful thing, CG...
  • It's funny that in all the different threads/posts they've addressed this situation, they never have said that is their fault for the poor development of the raid that the users have been capable to find different ways to exploit it (JTR, Han, NS now...)

In fact, it appears that is fault of the player base.

No CG, it's your fault to have been incapable to build a decent raid.

I can't wait for the 500 crystals compensation when all this mess ends (someday... SW has taught me to have HOPE, always.)
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    1. When are we getting our money back for nightsister zombie.since I bought the 9.99 pack
    2. When am I getting my money back for the Crystal's I bought to level her up?
    3. When are we getting back our zeta mats and omegas for old daka back?
    Now I know some of you are going to say well you shouldn't of spent money if you wanted it back. Well I spent money on a hero with the belief that this is how it works and for them to change it after months of it being ok is FRAUDULENT advertising and need to give the money back to the people
This discussion has been closed.