Bonds of Weakness Change Followup (MEGA)

Replies

• It's funny that in all the different threads/posts they've addressed this situation, they never have said that is their fault for the poor development of the raid that the users have been capable to find different ways to exploit it (JTR, Han, NS now...)

In fact, it appears that is fault of the player base.

No CG, it's your fault to have been incapable to build a decent raid.

I can't wait for the 500 crystals compensation when all this mess ends (someday... SW has taught me to have HOPE, always.)

When was the last time they actually gave out 500 crystals? It used to happen frequently just for minor inconveniences. Now, it never happens for major inconveniences.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    So those of us who have not Zeta’d Daka, but love our NSis for other uses and who are in a guild that can barely beat Tier 4 will get our characters messed with, again, because of the very small number of people who have 7* Traya.

I don’t do Paper Zombie. Mine is G10 and works wonderfully to allow my other sisters to stay alive and win in arena.

Don’t kick my Ford Pinto because your Lamborghini goes too fast and you don’t like it.

Bad analogy. Ford Pinto and Lamborghini do actually have to follow the same speed limits. And if you choose not to you can get a ticket or potentially have your car impounded. And on top of that your insurance would go up. Long story short is just because you can go faster doesn't mean you get to.
  • Talking to lawyer friends of mine you can always take them to small claims court if it is under $7,500. You paid for a product under certain pretenses and then were altered in an effort to deliberately change the initial product.
  • I expect a significant makegood from this episode. When I say significant, I mean a whole lot more than 20 Zetas. My guild has spent significant time and invested a lot of gear resources getting NS up for the raid. Yesterday, we experienced the new changes and it was horrid. Total damage was reduced by 50% because of the need to cleanse at 20 stacks and for some members, by 80% because Daka couldn't heal them beyond 90% and she died early.

Way to go CG, you've just about **** off everyone for the actions of a few. So quick to roll out changes as if everyone could do what those few did.
  • The really blatantly stupid thing about the change to any nightsister is how the nightsisters have more synergy than any other faction and a change to one of them is a change to all of them. They are expressly designed to have co-dependant functionality and now its as though the devs are completely blind to their design intent.

Refunding old daka zeta is an insult. Refund all zetas, omegas, ability mats, gear, and credits ever spent on any nightsister because now each and every one of them is broken.
  • It’s sad that I have to ask this question, but will we get the omegas and purple mats required as well? One would think, but one would also think they wouldn’t nerf something that 6 months ago was WAI
  • FerLandrossa
    198 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    VoodooKing wrote: »
    I expect a significant makegood from this episode. When I say significant, I mean a whole lot more than 20 Zetas. My guild has spent significant time and invested a lot of gear resources getting NS up for the raid. Yesterday, we experienced the new changes and it was horrid. Total damage was reduced by 50% because of the need to cleanse at 20 stacks and for some members, by 80% because Daka couldn't heal them beyond 90% and she died early.

Way to go CG, you've just about **** off everyone for the actions of a few. So quick to roll out changes as if everyone could do what those few did.

Their idea of significant, your idea, two very different things.

The only significant benefit you'll get is a rise in arena rankings from the mass exodus of those who've now just had enough of this kitten occurring.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    will be a day when basic attacks will be the only acceptable form of damage for the sith raid.

Have to think about it from CG’s point of view. Took them “a year” to design and “test” this raid. To only have chumps beat it and start soloing phases in less than five months from launch. Of course they will nerf mechanics that do well. RJT, sisters. Who’s next? Imperial troopers?

I’m impressed on how quick they responded to this with changes in less than 48 hours? But we still have challenge gear as rewards!?
  • I create a account only to say that:
    This apologie is ridiculous, becouse you CG guys always say that and do nothing to improve.
    I dont wanna only the zeta Daka back.
    I wanna all my 4 zetas, ômegas and gear back.
    I never would gear NS if they dont could be able to make great damage in Raid sith.
    You CG guys can see my log. I dont have NS before apears the NS results in Raid. I wanna all my effort back. NS sucks.
  • DarkISI
    91 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Blackbolt wrote: »
    The really blatantly **** thing about the change to any nightsister is how the nightsisters have more synergy than any other faction and a change to one of them is a change to all of them. They are expressly designed to have co-dependant functionality and now its as though the devs are completely blind to their design intent.

Refunding old daka zeta is an insult. Refund all zetas, omegas, ability mats, gear, and credits ever spent on any nightsister because now each and every one of them is broken.

I agree, the Sisters function as a whole. You destroyed them all. I want everything back I ever spent on them, because I spent it for Sith Raid. Otherwise I would have gone the trooper route. They could be hellishly good, had I out my gear there instead of in the Sisters.
    I want my gear back. I want all my Zetas back.
    And whenever you pull kitten like this again, I want the same for every character affected.

Giving the Daka Zeta back isn't compensation, it's an insult.
  • 3iaqxawrbw43.png

Bad popcorn time, lie one day, lie every day
  • Not good enough @CG_TopHat . You move like lighting to damage the customer experience but cannot be bothered to spend the time to fix a problem you created.

I would have to assume @CG_SBCrumb must be busy on the thread he created as he did not say a word on here.

You do not communicate and you implement changes to damage everybody not farming heroic sith. You all need to take a look in the mirror and ask yourself if what you are doing benefits any of the players in the future. Your new sith raid is an embarrassment and that reflects poorly on your team.
  • Zouss57 wrote: »
    3iaqxawrbw43.png

Bad popcorn time, lie one day, lie every day

That is wonderful.
  • Coming from a “big”guild - 7* traya is still varied. Some have her but not all. No one used that loop team. We help each other out. When someone reaches 7* they scale back.

Someone said it before - I think cg is more afraid of those with 7* trayas going to other guilds and being able to essentially soloing the raid with their roster. Meaning more trayas for everyone.

For the most part no one cares about doing away with the loop. If acolyte has been the dev watch list- change something with her where people did not invest as much.

The more info we get about this - just makes it more apparent that it’s about nerfing NS.
  • @CG_CapGaSP @CG_TopHat we don't just want daka zeta back. We want MT unique, asaj lead, asaj unique zetas back, and we want gear for talia. This is fraudulent. And yes, I'm aware of the legal definition. Look it up
  • removing the zeta from Daka and allowing us to put on another toon isn’t compensation CG. Like many players ive invested heavily in the nightsisters for this raid. I’ve geared them to 12 and spent 4 zetas and who knows how many crystals have been used on gear and refreshes. You should open the wallet and really compensate the players who have helped fuel your private jets.

• Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Have been hoarding gear (16 Mk 3 Carbanti :D) and waiting to see which faction to g12 next, now I know NS can be left behind.
  • Ghostrider1982
    217 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I still can't wrap my head around why they rushed this change so quickly when only the top .1pct of players that have Traya at 7star and have to have god mods/gear were able to do this P3/P4 clear. They had plenty of time to think it through before the rest of the population could think about doing it. Also the reality is that the people who came up with it don't even need it they are able to beat Traya legitimately in no time at all so this only hurts the rest of us, they could care less. They'll just find another team to do it with that you'll have to nerf again to screw the rest of us all over again.
  • EmeraldZx
    176 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    "One of the dominant strategies", or whatever is garbage. If their effectiveness has been reduced by .000001% then you can go stuff your lies, and excuses. Nerf Isolate, and leave Nightsisters/BoW alone completely. You're robbing people who have been working on them for months.

By the way, you're seriously going to refund Daka's Zeta, and not both of Ventress's?!? Her lead was most severely impacted by your thinly veiled nerf. Thanks for the giant middle finger.

The general consensus is that taking health steal from Isolate would fix everything and leaves alone the sisters, but in general there should have never been a mechanic that allows a toon to maintain a buff coming from someone else indefinitely. That's when a problem would and will emerge past this AC team. But I am conflicted between the idea of having a team that let's me sit back and relax after years of hard work vs. a fix that makes sense and is not in any way unreasonable because it does way too much for a basic auto in this raid since it's more reliable than pressing auto basic on any hAAT team to solo it. I was VERY VERY close to zeta'ing Daka this time round but went with GMY lead for a strengthen to my weak Jedi, told myself Daka can wait for the next one. Ha, guess not. But as you said, if Daka is returned, they darn well better give me both of Ventress's Zetas. Her unique will be placed back on because it's among my favorites of all but her lead is now just not worth it to me. I must say to everyone reading, when Jacen is upset like this, it's over legitimate kitten which is clear from over 30 pages of pure negativity being directed at the devs. I'm sure the devs will try their best to not anger a couple hundred thousand of people trying to get Traya like me, who was set to try NS in P4 for the first time in 2 days. But I have faith that the devs are good people who acted impulsively instead of issuing a very quick fix to isolate and then taking the discussion to the table on how to prevent any and every possible loop that does actually undermine the raid so heavily such as this.

Edit: The suggested idea to instantly defeat someone when Bonds reached 100 is actually an excellent idea. If we're honest, maintaining a team with 50 bonds is too difficult since it just drains you way too much health, so changing it to "deal massive damage to any unit attacking a raid boss when Bonds of Weakness reaches a count of 100" is very plausible because under no "normal" circumstances would your sisters or other teams reach 100 stacks of bonds. And it prevents EVERY possible loop that could arise.
  • When Apple acknowledges how bad CG is, that’s how you know you are doing something wrong.
  • How about Mother Talzin's unique....5 BoW stacks quickly....it's not worth it anymore with just the 20 stack limit, it would make more sense at 40ish.
  • Artimus
    177 posts Member
    Do they know it isn’t August yet?
    I mean it’s close, but still another few days out.
  • Maxminus1980
    78 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    In the end EA holds the reins of the devs, EA says jump devs say how high. Devs fixed challenge gear in raid rewards, EA said nope change it back devs say yes master whatever you say master. Devs reworked NS’s 10 months later. They don’t like the fact that a character is good with a squad with lower gear.
    Post edited by Maxminus1980 on
  • silverxbv2
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    The sith raid is garbage, plain and simple. It's caused too many changes in toons. Also it has caused absolute havoc in guilds with people leaving for hsr guilds, leaving a lot of lower to mid tier players in guilds without enough people to even field tw. Stupid
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    I've been able to get 5 million on good runs with zzVentress lead, Daka (no Zeta), Talia, zTalzin, Zombie. I could probably get better with good RNG. I've never gotten a perfect run with no issues.

My first run since the nerf I did 1.7 million less with what seemed like fantastic RNG. So basically a third less. I don't even use Acolyte. I don't understand why the whole raid had to be changed around her in a way that nerfs Ventress. It's only one run but I'm not happy with the results. Talzin and Zombie took me 8 months to farm, and were working correctly from what we were told. I'm absolutely disgusted with this. Anyone who paid for them the way they worked before should be furious.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    I've been able to get 5 million on good runs with zzVentress lead, Daka (no Zeta), Talia, zTalzin, Zombie. I could probably get better with good RNG. I've never gotten a perfect run with no issues.

My first run since the nerf I did 1.7 million less with what seemed like fantastic RNG. So basically a third less. I don't even use Acolyte. I don't understand why the whole raid had to be changed around her in a way that nerfs Ventress. It's only one run but I'm not happy with the results. Talzin and Zombie took me 8 months to farm, and were working correctly from what we were told. I'm absolutely disgusted with this. Anyone who paid for them the way they worked before should be furious.

Why not change acolyte right ?
  • yeah infinite loops need to go, good catch
  • MTSea
    11 posts Member
    Personally, I would love to speak to whoever at CG is making these decisions. They seem pretty out of touch with their user-base and they really don't seem to learn from prior issues.
  • Boycott the sith raid
This discussion has been closed.