Bonds of Weakness Change Followup (MEGA)

Replies

• So, you're going to refund OD zeta, yet not fix the bug you created until Monday. Meanwhile, tell us that NS are still a dominant team in p4. Therefore, we can't even test this ourselves without replacing said zeta...how many times can we get this refund? How much trust do you think the community has right now? How many heroic raids can a guild run in week...we dont all have test accounts... The only people you are hurting are the very ones that dont have traya 7 star...since you need her 7 star to even do this...not to mention getting acolyte a crazy amount of Crit Chance...
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    My 2 cents...

If a player has progressed so far as to have a 7* traya then don’t they deserve a bit of an easier P3. It’s only 1 phase, and of a raid that’s super hard. Please don’t get me wrong I like the toughness and exclusivity of being in a top guild that can complete it. But this seems a stretch, I know of a guild comprised of mostly F2P 2 year old players that can not complete the heroic sith raid yet. I hate that you guys are hurting their ability to work towards heroic with nerfing zombie and changing stacks of bonds.
  • Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I've been able to get 5 million on good runs with zzVentress lead, Daka (no Zeta), Talia, zTalzin, Zombie. I could probably get better with good RNG. I've never gotten a perfect run with no issues.

My first run since the nerf I did 1.7 million less with what seemed like fantastic RNG. So basically a third less. I don't even use Acolyte. I don't understand why the whole raid had to be changed around her in a way that nerfs Ventress. It's only one run but I'm not happy with the results. Talzin and Zombie took me 8 months to farm, and were working correctly from what we were told. I'm absolutely disgusted with this. Anyone who paid for them the way they worked before should be furious.

Its kitten anyway you put it we pay 9.99 for a pack of shards spend 20.00 here and there to get Crystals to * her up we are told she is working as intended so we keep leveling her up and spending the money. Now months later all of a sudden shes broken so wheres the FRAUD you bait us in on a toon that we pay for thinking everything is cool. Now shes broken and needs to be changed well guess what I bought that toon its mine you said it's working as intended now after I spend my money you give me kitten.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Yeah, whatever, thanks for nothing.
    It's obvious you don't care about the years and thousands of dollars we put into this game.
    How dare we, the players, enjoy doing 3 or 4 percent of a phase with a NS squad which we focused on building purely to maximise the TM gain under AV lead and then advance with health fluctuation. I was told to build a Teebo squad or DV for the Pit raid, but I chose to build NS and, EVENTUALLY, finally soloed the Rancor.
    Then I bought Talzin and Zombie on release, I kept farming mods, and actually found my way to #1 in arena with my NS. This is a dedication to gearing and modding a squad I enjoyed which, when STR was released, just happened to do well in the raid. The funniest part about all this, is that I didn't have RJT (JTR) and now I do, and my under-geared Resistance do more damage than my NS can, although I also bought Visas Marr so that helps.
    Basically YOU BUILT THIS RAID with it's infinite problems, it is putting ridiculous stress on the community (and feeding us rubbish rewards for overly-large time investment) who want to actually enjoy the game, and then you want to CHANGE OUR FACTIONS TO SUIT YOUR DESIRE TO REGULATE the STR???
    You guys have seriously lost touch with us.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I just want to say, 20 is way to low since counters and multi hitters make it there too quickly. Like five turns and suddenly its harder then it ever was? An already extremely harder then it should be raid is made much harder, from a bug from a overnerf from a strat that could only be done by people who could complete the raid already?

I mean, you realise this, right?
  • Mfish
    136 posts Member
    @CG_TopHat @cg_carrie I have posted many times, I have always been respectful and even thanked you for the work that goes on behind the scenes. I have stood up for you when the criticism was not warranted. As a player who began in September of 2016, and am deeply embarrassed by the amount of money I have readily spent on swgoh, I have a simple request. I built the NS team specifically to help my guild succeed in defeating the heroic Sith raid. When I spent 4 zeta sets, 80 zeta mata in total the mechanics of the NS interactions allowed me to help my fellow guildies clear the raid. Now that the mechanics have been changed, I have spent 80 zeta mats that are now a huge mistake. I would not have spent a single set on NS if it was not for the awesome mechanics that you designed. My simple request is that you please, please direct me to the person that can remove 40 zeta mats on Asajj, 20 off of Talzins unique, and 20 off of Old Daka. I did not sign up for the NEW mechanics. Please, I would greatly appreciate it.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Getting useful "old" toons nerfed is the only way to sell new marquee characters, just wait and see, expect game changers (since they all have 7* and g12) soon to come up with a replacement for the Nightsisters in P4. Then after everyone buy and gear them up based on those videos, something similar to this issue will probably happen and then getting nerfed again. It's an endless cycle.

This Sith Raid is not fun, it's a guild breaker and a trap.
    Too much effort for a character that is already beatable in the arena even at 7*, just look up.

My two cents.
  • I got my ns to gear 12 except Acolyte and Zombie. Do i get that gear refunded too or can we expect a make good to compensate us for that gear investment? That is roughly 20k crystals buying gear for them that you decided to invalidate on a for a lark Friday afternoon.

I geared up ns to carry my guild in phase 4. I do not like them from a lore standpoint. Being a little better than other squads is not why I geared them.

Why push an update that is not playtested sufficiently @CG_TopHat? I would be fired if I did not do my job thoroughly. 20 bonds is a joke and you ruined my MT zeta.
  • Changes are whatever. Lemme keep my zeta on Daka and give me a free one.
  • I still can't wrap my head around why they rushed this change so quickly when only the top .1pct of players that have Traya at 7star and have to have god mods/gear were able to do this P3/P4 clear. They had plenty of time to think it through before the rest of the population could think about doing it. Also the reality is that the people who came up with it don't even need it they are able to beat Traya legitimately in no time at all so this only hurts the rest of us, they could care less. They'll just find another team to do it with that you'll have to nerf again to screw the rest of us all over again.

They wanted to nerf the NS, this was just their excuse , i wouldnt be surprised if they designed the raid to do exactly this
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    I have an idea.

How about you go see google and get a deal on which google store players can heal up to 50 dot while IOS players can only heal up to 20 dot?

Im sure that will give you heaps of money! That would be so cool! It would break the game, but you dont really care do you?

Have a great week-end laughing at us and talking to your wifes : hey we dropped a buggy update on them on a friday night and then we left. Hahahaha!
    Wifes: didnt you do that last update?
    Devs: yes we do it all the time now! It nerver gets old!
  • BalecGonJinn
    153 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    will be a day when basic attacks will be the only acceptable form of damage for the sith raid.]

Not if you want to beat Nihlius and his stupid high protection drain.

(Sorry for doing quote wrong, never done that before.)
  • IceHawk117
    36 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I suppose you want us to use the new Jedi in the sith raid instead.
    Post edited by IceHawk117 on
  • I'd love to see the entire community show some solidarity and just not lsunch a single sith raid until this **** is appropriately resolved. Let the content they think is worth so many screw ups just sit there dead in the water.
  • Ok, so not best analogy, but what I mean is...someone with big teams figures out something like this and the “fix” hurts the smaller players. Literally every time.
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    only two fast thoughts to this discussion:

why not giving the higher health-stealing of an isolated character only to sith-allies?

when a nightsister cannot reach her 100% health, to fall under these 100% to get the 50% tm, the leader ability of asajj is useless. her zeta is useless.
    what about this zeta?
    Post edited by jedibaer71 on
  • You know I never say anything about nothing that happens in this game. I have stuck up for you! ( CG and the developers) with the decision and changes in the past always giving the benefit of the doubt.
    And even now the traya/acolyte team used in p3 taking unlimited turns was not as intended but to rush out a fix break the game a more apologize then follow that up with we are also going to break the regular NS team to fix an unforeseen error on your part!! We will refund daka zeta by removing it from her and giving it back to you..... then it's my choice whether I use it again for her or not like GO F...K yourselves. You didnt take the barris zeta back on that refund.... and to think people poor resources into a team and you will just change things at all costs when you ( Cg developers) feel its justified like F...K
  • IceHawk117
    36 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    You claim you want to support gearing zombies.
    But running high bonds was a means to leverage highly geared zombies.
    My non Daka, g12 Asajj Talia MT Spirit Zombie squad just went ftom 5M - 6M to 1M
    Perfect.

Post edited by IceHawk117 on
  • Getting useful "old" toons nerfed is the only way to sell new marquee characters, just wait and see, expect game changers (since they all have 7* and g12) soon to come up with a replacement for the Nightsisters in P4. Then after everyone buy and gear them up based on those videos, something similar to this issue will probably happen and then getting nerfed again. It's an endless cycle.

This Sith Raid is not fun, it's a guild breaker and a trap.
    Too much effort for a character that is already beatable in the arena even at 7*, just look up.

My two cents.

Totally agree with the above as every move they seem to make in game of late is nothing but a shameless money grab with no real forethought other than how can we pad the bank accounts.
    Try taking the time to fix the real issue instead of messing with characters and squads that until this “fix” were WAI.
    This is the equivalent of cutting off your arm because you have a hangnail.
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    The players are being creative at the game. Instead of getting more creative on your side as a game developer, you play dumb and dumber game with the player base.

Shouldn’t the reaction be like “we will be getting better” as a company motto?
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    jedibaer71 wrote: »

why not giving the higher health-stealing of an isolated character only to sith-allies?

when a nightsister cannot reach her 100% health, to fall under these 100% to get he 50% tm, the leader ability of asajj is useless. her zeta is useless.
    what about this zeta?

Because this is just an inroad to nerf NS, who outperform their desired output in the raid. It's not about the infinite loop at all. There are at least 3 extremely elegant no frills fixes for the loop.

This is about nerfing NS. The Daka zeta refund will be for zombie changes, not what they just did. They won't give us any NS investment back, they will ignore our feedback as always, and we will have to eat it.

If we want any chance to reverse it, you have to follow suit to what reddit has advised. That might shock the overlords enough to force a reversal on this
  • Viserys wrote: »
    jedibaer71 wrote: »

when a nightsister cannot reach her 100% health, to fall under these 100% to get he 50% tm, the leader ability of asajj is useless. her zeta is useless.
    what about this zeta?

Because this is just an inroad to nerf NS, who outperform their desired output in the raid. It's not about the infinite loop at all. There are at least 3 extremely elegant no frills fixes for the loop.

This is about nerfing NS. The Daka zeta refund will be for zombie changes, not what they just did. They won't give us any NS investment back, they will ignore our feedback as always, and we will have to eat it.

If we want any chance to reverse it, you have to follow suit to what reddit has advised. That might shock the overlords enough to force a reversal on this

• Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Tactyou wrote: »
    The players are being creative at the game. Instead of getting more creative on your side as a game developer, you play dumb and dumber game with the player base.

Shouldn’t the reaction be like “we will be getting better” as a company motto?

It seems evident that there isn't anyone at CG whose job is to stick up in defense of player time/money investment. Who listens to what's planned and says "I understand what you are trying to accomplish but you are crossing the line here and here. Find another way because this proposal isn't acceptable." That seems like it ought to be Carrie or Tophats thing to do, but I guess they aren't doing that and so therefore no one is. CG needs to recognize its "covenant with the player" and then codify rules they don't get to break. They can only break trust so many times before older players become so jaded the relationship can never be repaired.

Older players don't quit, they keep playing and teaching up and coming players about their experience. The toxicity won't die, it will grow roots.
  • ohgreatitsryan
    53 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Deleted
    Post edited by ohgreatitsryan on
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • No issue with fixing legitimate loops like Acolyte or re-balancing expose damage from JTR for the sake of a challenge but bonds of weakness stacks and paper zombie feels a bit like moving the goalposts.

I happened to zeta Asajj leadership a couple days ago and while it's a fine zeta and great on its on merit in many other phases of the game (TW/TB) I put a zeta on her in line with my guild's goal of tackling HSR. I would have made a different choice had I known this change was set to be implemented. Zetas are up there with guild events tokens as the rarest currency in the game...they have to be earned, not bought. Making changes where zetas are involved is very impactful to strategy and should be considered carefully by the developers.

Several guilds have earned Traya with Nightsisters pre-bonds of weakness change as a big part of the strategy. Many of these Trayas are in the top end of arenas and for the guilds that were building NS strategies to try and earn Traya this is a setback and means that some players will need to wait longer to earn her. Several members of my guild had actively worked on Nightsisters and started investing zetas with this strategy in mind.
  • This is giving me more and more evidence that CG not only does not know their own game, but they dont understand their player base and are completely out of touch. This is the second time you guys have delivered a product that has ruined the player experience over a weekend. You demand so much of our time, money and effort and in return you dont even do the same. Its disrespectful. We are paying your salaries and this is how we get treated.

To me this is the most frustrating part, since it seems like the player base has better solutions, better suggestions and are more undertsanding of situations than the designers themselves.

Enough with the apologies already. Be professional and deliver a product that is well tested, well thought out and delivered on time. Then you at least will start earning some trust. You dont earn trust with endless apologies that dont mean anything, since you backhand your customer base after each apology.
  • Natos
    138 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    So, I didn't read the previous 8 pages, bear with me. However, if I'm reading correctly, this change also HEAVILY nerfs the turn meter gain on Asajj's Leadership Zeta. Notably NS allies gaining 50% TM when they fall below 100% health. So, at 20 bonds of weakness in STR, this part of her zeta will essentially cease to trigger as the NS can no longer go back ABOVE 100% TM to fall below it again.

FKS, really?

Personally glad I didn't blow my latest Zeta on that ability now. It goes way down the list now.

Hope you enjoy your weekend @CG_SBCrumb, yet another kitten show to ignore.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • @CG_TopHat when Barriss zeta was nerfed players who zetad her were just given the zeta mats and kept the ability zetad. It might be a nice show of good will for another misguided fix to do the same with Old Daka.

It might also have been a better solution to change Traya’s interactions with raid bosses (like Thrawn’s Fracture), instead of beating NS completely to the ground and making OD useless.
This discussion has been closed.