My Thoughts on the Nightsister Nerf

I posted this on Reddit as a comment to a main thread, but I wanted to make sure it made its way to the developers so they could take some respectful feedback and hopefully make some positive changes to the game. Here goes nothing.....

I would like to weigh in with my thoughts on this matter. I will start by saying I am somewhere between mostly free to play and a dolphin in the eyes of the game changers. and have been playing the game for about three and a half years. My guild is currently working our way towards a heroic sith raid and have been very excited to accomplish this major goal as a collective group.
As you all know, there are certain teams that help guilds perform a successful completion of the heroic sith raid. Jedi teams, Resistance teams, the infamous “Chex mix” teams, and the nightsisters. Since I have seen over and over the usefulness of nightsisters in both the heroic sith raid as well as other areas of the game, I started to put in the work to develop my team. When I started, I had no nightsisters at seven stars, and the highest geared nightsister was Talia at gear 7. Fast forward to today and I have a gear 12 Asajj ventless, a gear 12 Mother Talzin, gear 11 Talia, Old Dahka at 10, and the others at 8 or less. All of my nightsisters are seven stars and I have used two zetas on Asajj Ventress specifically for this raid. Luckily, I did not use one for Dahka yet....
I understand that this video posted has stirred up a lot of controversy. I actually will say I side with the developers from the standpoint that having an infinite loop where you can auto solo this raid is not something that should be allowed and I understand the need to fix it. I also understand their thoughts on Nightsister Zombie and her paper status, specifically the part that states players should be rewarded for putting in the work to properly gear their characters (paraphrasing). So, when the developers stated they were going to look into changing her dynamics, I can also understand that as well. I hope they do the right thing with her changes.
With all this being said, I decided to give the developers a chance to make the proper changes to the raid. My guild is only on T5 of the sith triumvirate raid currently, and I am currently able to do between 3.3M-3.7M damage in Phase 4 vs. Darth Nihilus with my Nightsisters. I personally felt the change to 20 bonds of weakness was extremely low and 60ish would have been more appropriate, but decided to give it a fair try. This current raid, I was unable to heal my nightsisters past 50%, not the promised 90% when these changes were made. My score was 667k. I take screenshots of my runs, so I would be happy to email my runs to any developer who does not believe me. I understand I probably got some really bad RNG also, but there are members in my guild who are making multiple attempts and the best they can do is half their original score. This is one of those situations where players should be rewarded for taking the time to develop their teams such as the nightsisters for the heroic sith raid, but they are not getting rewarded, which is a problem to me.
To say that both myself and my guild are frustrated would be a gross understatement. We were on the cusp of trying the heroic portion of the raid and are now looking at months of developing different characters so we can complete this raid. I am not a developer by any means, so I don’t fully understand all the inner-workings of the game, but what I don’t understand is how you could not just change the abilities on a single character like Darth Traya for the raid, or raise the bonds of weakness limit to make better scores more attainable. You could also change the mechanics of Nightsister Acolyte so she doesn’t gain an infinite loop. Changing one character like that will not ruin the raid, but will allow for the necessary fixes you are looking for. Also, remember that the people who are able to use this bug are doing so with a 7* Darth Traya. I think at least 80% of the players in this game don’t even have Traya, let alone have her at 7*, so this seems like an easy quick-fix until you can find a more suitable fix for the long term.
As someone who has spent several hundred dollars on this game over my three and a half years, I almost walked away from the game last night. I understand you need to make money and I understand you can’t have infinite loops that break the game, but it feels as though you sometimes think less of the players and more of what makes you happy as developers, whether that be monetarily or just pure pride. As a developer, this is your baby, I get it. I took a web development class in my last year of college, and there was no worse feeling in the world than having all your students praise your work, only to have your professor pick it apart and tell you how much you screwed up. No one wants to admit things are broken when they feel they are perfect, but in the business world a little customer service and humility can go a long way, especially with a customer base as large as yours.
One last tip I may have for these types of changes. You have a Game Changer system in place. In fact, it’s one of your game changers that posted a video about this mechanic being broken. Since they all have test accounts and pay real money to play, why not have them test your changes first before releasing them? You can get live feedback from players who play the game and will sing your praises when you do the right thing on social media like Reddit, YouTube, and Twitch. Just some food for thought on a way you can implement changes and get the backing of the community at the same time.
In closing I would like to say I really hope you take a long, hard look at this issue and make the necessary adjustments to give a little back to the players. We love Star Wars, we love this game, but when you make a mistake and make the players pay for it on such a large scale, you could lose the very base that helps you keep this game fun, entertaining, and challenging for all levels. Thank you for your time.

Replies

• Options
    As a player in a similar situation I couldn’t agree more. Very well said.
  • Options
    Whilst you may not make the god scores like in the past, ns are still relevant for hsith p4(certainly once they fix the bug they introduced) and speaking to people who finished hsith yesterday they were still managing 1-2 mil damage.
    I am of course open to change my mind, especially as we are just about to start p4 in hsith, so if you see a post later about me ranting on ns you know why :smile:
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Options
    5wi97tmbcwkf.png
    This isnt me but its heroic sith post nightsisiter nerf.

Nightssiters are still extremely relevant.
  • Options
    @Naraic it’s easy to post a score from a guild that is already completing heroic on the regular. I get that the higher guilds are less affected by this change. I think the point you are missing is that this change was made because of less than 5% of the player base can make the bug happen. The change affected the lower guilds who are very close to heroic, so now we have to extend ourselves months to have other players finish their Nightsister teams when we were so close to getting there. Not to mention that person who posted 4.8M damage, who obviously has a well-built team, was probably posting 6M-8M before the nerf. That is obviously just a speculation, but I hope you understand my point is coming from where I, and my guild are currently in the game. The developers are listening to feedback, so I am providing it. I’m glad you have a good guild that does heroic raids regularly, I’m just extremely frustrated because all of our excitement to start heroic within the next few weeks is now looking like it could be months away because of a bug that nobody in my guild can produce, yet we seem to be getting punnished for it. Good luck to you and your team in future raids.
  • Options
    Whilst you may not make the god scores like in the past, ns are still relevant for hsith p4(certainly once they fix the bug they introduced) and speaking to people who finished hsith yesterday they were still managing 1-2 mil damage.

I don’t consider 4M in heroic sith a god score. I consider soloing a phase because of one character a god score, and appreciate they are trying to fix the infinite loop. 1-2M damage is good, but where was it before? We have players that were previously able to do 4M-6M in T5 who can no longer get to 3M. That’s a pretty big difference when you think about it.
    Everyone, and I mean everyone I have talked to is soured on the game and on the heroic sith raid right now. I appreciate your feedback and thank you for it, as I do the other person who replied, but I feel that this change affected the lower level people more than the higher level players. We should be getting rewarded for building and developing our characters.....now we are getting punnished for it when we did not cause these issues. I am confident the developers will make the necessary changes to fix this. I am simply offering my feedback from where my current guild and personal development in the game stand. I appreciate that others have different stages of the game they are in and are able to contribute differently, this is just my experiences and I wanted to share them.
  • Options
    Good to see the developers patch something that made it worse for everyone then take the weekend off.
    The raid is so screwed up now it's not even worth playing anymore.
    That's my feelings about this.
  • Cmgutie
    2 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Its funny. I knew nothing about this whole situation. I came here because of how annoyingly frustrating I think phase 4 is and ran into this thread. And my main team is a nightsister team. I'm only 65 though and no where near heroic. But I have to say at this point. When it hits phase 4 I don't even want to participate anymore. It's just not fun. And now it seems I have even less incentive to continue working on my NS team, or any team for that matter. They have been my favorite leveling up so far. I have spent a little money to buff this team. To hear that I could spend money on a team I like then devs decide it's too strong and nerf it into the ground makes me think spending anymore money on this game is a bad idea.
This discussion has been closed.