Upcoming changes to Zombie

dominiQC
396 posts Member
As we all know there are changes that are currently being evaluated to render the "paper zombie" less attractive to end players.

I am sure many players have ideas on how it could be carried. I would like you to share these ideas here to help CG find a solution that could would be the most efficient.

I know they have a team to come up with these kind of solutions but since they failed to fix the STR Bonds of weakness loop maybe listening to ideas coming up from the community could've widen the solutions list being looked at.

My previous experience shows that reaching out to a wider amount of people to find a solution is usually the best way to find the best solution. Hope this post will get everyone's attention and be looked at by CG as well.

GO!!!

Replies

• Zombie loses health and protection as gear level increases. Done.
  • I run a G10 Zombie and I love her almost as much as I love my ZzAsajj. She still works very well at this level. I wouldn’t want her lower because she needs speed to keep her taunt up. She needs health to stay alive under taunt so the others can destroy a team.
    I get that her dying a lot helps AV but I’ve had no issues with her not dying enough at this gear level. She’s a beast and she’s magnificent as she is. I think she gets better with mods and gear.

• I kept trying to create a topic with a proposal but it kept getting moved/deleted. It’s very frustrating. But anyways, my idea is to buff a strong zombie to make her more desirable that way, but not punishing the existing strategies with a weak zombie. Win-win for everyone.

New Zombie Unique:
    Zombie gains % defense equal to 0.002% of her protection. When Zombie is damaged she gains plague for 2 turns that can’t be resisted. Zombie can’t spread plague to allies. At the start of her turn, she inflicts plague 1 time on a random enemy for each plague on her. This cannot be resisted. When Zombie reaches full health, Nightsister allies gain 3% offense and crit damage (stacking) and 5% TM for each stack of plague dispelled.
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    I kept trying to create a topic with a proposal but it kept getting moved/deleted. It’s very frustrating. But anyways, my idea is to buff a strong zombie to make her more desirable that way, but not punishing the existing strategies with a weak zombie. Win-win for everyone.

New Zombie Unique:
    Zombie gains % defense equal to 0.002% of her protection. When Zombie is damaged she gains plague for 2 turns that can’t be resisted. Zombie can’t spread plague to allies. At the start of her turn, she inflicts plague 1 time on a random enemy for each plague on her. This cannot be resisted. When Zombie reaches full health, Nightsister allies gain 3% offense and crit damage (stacking) and 5% TM for each stack of plague dispelled.

Interesting except the last part that would strongly reinforce the paper zombie strategy which is exactly what they would like to see removed. Why? Because the game wants you and only allows you to move forward, not backward. Its been ruled that its unfair to other players to support the paper zombie strategy as only a minority of players can achieve it, if we can call doing nothing as an achievement...

How would it reinforce the paper zombie strategy? It is made to do exactly the opposite. A paper zombie wouldn’t get healed back to full health after being hit very often because she can’t take many hits.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Lock the revive behind a gear wall and zeta. Zombie must be g10 in order to have the option to spend a zeta on the ability.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Lock the revive behind a gear wall and zeta. Zombie must be g10 in order to have the option to spend a zeta on the ability.

And the forums will revolt even more than they did on Friday. This could have been an acceptable option upon release, but not anymore.

Unless you want to give out free resources to everyone so they can upgrade their zombie to work the same way it was.
  • Elendior
    129 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    How would it reinforce the paper zombie strategy? It is made to do exactly the opposite. A paper zombie wouldn’t get healed back to full health after being hit very often because she can’t take many hits. [/quote]

If would reinforce it because she revives with 100%. She had to revive with 90% to not make it the same as before.

I'd suggest she grants her allie Nightsisters stacking buffs or increased stats for every round she is surviving. In case she dies and revives the stacking count gets resetted. You just gotta make the buffs worth it and balance them in a way to not get OP.

But with this she had to be strong and high leveled/geared.
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    dominiQC wrote: »
    I kept trying to create a topic with a proposal but it kept getting moved/deleted. It’s very frustrating. But anyways, my idea is to buff a strong zombie to make her more desirable that way, but not punishing the existing strategies with a weak zombie. Win-win for everyone.

New Zombie Unique:

Interesting except the last part that would strongly reinforce the paper zombie strategy which is exactly what they would like to see removed. Why? Because the game wants you and only allows you to move forward, not backward. Its been ruled that its unfair to other players to support the paper zombie strategy as only a minority of players can achieve it, if we can call doing nothing as an achievement...

How would it reinforce the paper zombie strategy? It is made to do exactly the opposite. A paper zombie wouldn’t get healed back to full health after being hit very often because she can’t take many hits.

Would the offense bonuses would trigger on the amount of stacks as well? If so I agree but I understood only TM gain was

Right, so if Zombie was hit 4 times stacking 4 plagues, and then Daka healed her back up to full health, all NS allies would gain 12% offense, 12% crit damage, and 20% TM.

• Elendior
    129 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    All in all NS should make 1:1 damage as before the critolyte debate. Or at least do max 15-20% less damage than before.

Everything else would be a poop in our faces. Its the second bigger nerf made because of the raid. The community has to show, that we wont let everything just happen. Otherwise this will keep happening in future.
  • New ability: “NSZ instantly defeats herself and is instantly revived and {insert cool thing here}”.

She can still die to rack up kills for AV unique and her death essentially provided a cleanse on herself. Make the “something cool part” enticing enough that you’d want to gear up zombie. Possible cool things:

- NSZ gains taunt for 1 turn
    - NSZ gains 100% turn meter
    - NSZ removes unavoidable turn meter to target enemy
    - NSZ grant % turn meter to NS allies
    - NS allies recover health equal to damage dealt
    - NSZ grants unavoidable plague for one turn
    - Heal NS allies for % of NSZ max health
    - NS allies gain Defense Penetration Up for X turns equal to NSZ max health
    - Swap turn meter with NS ally

• Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Well the only things you have mentioned that require a high level are the max health heal or damage deal heal. All the others CAN be done with a low NSZ. It had to take something happening over time, while she is alive.

A bonus after each enemy that that Zombie survived thingy :)