Ship AI needs to be fixed

Mostly I would like things to be more predictable, I watched my team on auto a few times today and the amount of bad decisions, made me slap my head over and over. Ill throw out a few examples. I run acbar lead with 3 geos, tano, PLO, cassian, maul...in that order off the bench. In one match acbar first move was his basic.....his basic???? Why would he not always start with his aoe that calls 2 assists. I can even see him using his heal if there was a debuffed ship( not what I would do but I get why it would), but his basic??? In my opinion the aoe should be 1st everytime....no exceptions.
Second for some reason it always seems to call in maul first. Even though I have him last. This is ok as long as he stealth's everyone but sun fac and gives him retribution. Which we are all aware sunfac with retribution is great. However he multiple times came in and used his basic first....thanks buddy.. That was not helpful..the only reason I have you there is to give sunfac retribution...do that please.
Third and this one arrrrr. I love tano's ship. It is totally underrated in my opinion. Shutdown is a great ability.....if the AI used it...I bring tano in use shutdown they bring in a reinforcement I gain tm and use it again. It hits hard and dispels buffs, whats not to love. The AI brings in tano and uses turnabout....don't get me wrong when tano is debuffed and so is everyone else this is a killer move and I love it. When she first reinforces however often she is not debuffed. So it wont hand out retribution to anyone and all it does is give her some protection...NOT worth it.
I could continue but I think the points been made. This community can make some very cool lineups that most people don't use. But the AI makes bad unpredictable decisions that seem to force people to use the same things. Stop the bad AI decisions let us use all the cool things you have made.

Replies

• I agree with this. Tarkin never uses his basic, so why would Ackbar? He's faster than everyone anyway, no nees to save on the aoe at all.
  • Silencer always uses his special first, when he could stun anyone in the first turn.
    He doesnt even have advantage to deal good damage.

Ship AI is really bad. Mainly because they didnt update it after the ship rework. And where they touched it (they changed the reinforments order to tank[hp-taunt] - support [hp-prot recovery] - attacker from the slot order) it became worse.

The ability reworks are OK (mostly) but the AI is terrible.
    It is really sad that in the year of 2018 they didnt do anything which I can say "that was pretty good"
    They tend to mess up and what had looked good on paper turned out to cause lots of inconvenience to everyone.

Anything they did is contraversial.
    The confidence level is really low. The only one I know who didnt stop hardcore spending and constantly buying every single marquee to instantly 7* g12 is a phenomenon. One of his kind. His goal is to be on the first page of the highest GP players on swgoh.gg

The other 48 members of my guild are mostly sceptical about every new thing comes to the game and try to minimalize the spending to avoid any suprises.

The brand and the franchise is what makes players keep going on. I must be desillusional, but it is not the decelopers and CG merit what made this game popular.
    It is the characters which have already preexisted long before this game. People play this game, because they like those characters and people play, because they want to unlock and use those. But these characters are not the work of CG.
    CG does a work what any other studio could do.
    The programming is not exceptional. The game mechanics you use are not something new.

I think this is the current problem of CG, that you have not found that something which would make SWGoH special.
    My fingers are crossed, find it. I hope you will find it. That is the only way to avoid what happened to Bioware.
  • Yeah, my G12 Vader with maxed out abilities hits for like 35K, with offense up hits for maybe 70K. Meanwhile, the Gear 8/9 Tie Fighter Pilot is hitting for 100-110K on his special even without offense up. That's just utter garbage and is because the fleet AI you "fight against" gives itself better odds on most everything.

As was said, my G12 Attacker should be hitter far harder than a G9 attacker and most especially harder than tanks and support (which I see hitting for ridiculous amounts too often).
  • I had the same complaint, especially with Ackbar lead since that's who I use. I regularly lost to lower strength teams and your experience explains why. I believe the problem with AA not using the AOE ability is due to the AI not being properly tweaked during implementation of Ships 2.0.

The old version of AA's AOE skill said that it would call up to 2 random BUFFED allies to assist. Since it was uncommon to have that many ships buffed by AA's first turn, the AI would use the primary attack or heal on turn 1 and used the AOE on the next turn (back then you couldn't reinforce until turn 3).

However, in Ships 2.0 the skill was changed so that 2 random allies are called to assist with no other requirements. But it seems the AI wasn't told that. I can't recall EVER seeing AA use the AOE against me in fleet on turn 1 since the update.

TL;DR the devs did a crappy job of tuning the AI when implementing ships.
  • Funny, when computer controls opponents fleet it seems fine. Back to back games, I use silencer to hit Geo soldier w almost 80% TM. No stun.

Needless to say I lost back to back games.

The ai needs to be turned DOWN rather than this horrible rng

• Elendior
    129 posts Member
    Yeah, it is the same as with princess leia in the old days. AI always hits 3x you only hit once and that attacked used to be dodged LOL haha