Phantom

Just upgraded the last Phantom reinforcement ability and wow does it make a difference. Does anyone know if it is always prioritized on defense?

Replies

• kodu
    3 posts Member
    No it is not. IA will pull a tank instead if you don't have one. I am sure there are other choices it will make as well.
  • I've never seen the AI use it right, not once.
  • In my case I would think it pulls Boba in most of the time, or Vader.

Not sure how it arrives at some of the decisions, maybe bases it on the reinforcement ability itself.

However, yes, Phantom is a super sub. It'll be the first thing I upgrade once I hit 85.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    The AI will almost always pull Boba or SF first in priority. I just completely removed them from my lineup. Phantom is best reinforce.
  • Contemplating building up Phantom.

It's a decent ship yeah? Does it need to be with Ghost?
  • I love the Phantom reinforcement ability. Ackbar capital ship. Starting lineup: Biggs, Vader, Ghost. I can usually take out the opposing Biggs in the opening salvo. Call in Phantom as first reinforcement. If the other side reinforces with Boba, I counter with Ashoka to dispel the taunt. If the other side reinforces with Sun Fac (or Sun Fac is still standing from the opening salvo), I counter with TIE Fighter to inflict buff immunity. I reliably finish 1 or 2 in my payout, but note that I’ve invested heavily (effort, not money) in my ships and pilots.

Phantom is great on its own, but I like pairing it with Ghost, and I particularly like having Ghost in my opening lineup. Early on, the other side is trying to land a lot of target locks. Ghost increases your chance of resisting those, and if resisted, inflicts speed down on the enemy ship. So it turns the enemy’s upside into a downside. Not a lot of people in my shared are using it. Also, under an Ackbar lead, Ghost has an ability that can call many assists, which results in protection up and crit damage bonuses.

Biggest risk with having Ghost in the opening lineup is that if the other side is fast and hard hitting enough (usually Geo trios under Ackbar), they might be able to take it out before Biggs can taunt. If possible, I avoid Geo trios when I’m making my push.
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • I run Vader, Biggs, and Tie as my starting lineup under Executrix. I prefer using Ghost first because it debuffs and TLs on reinforcement, which makes sure my Empire ships are doing maximum damage and maxes my Biggs' protection, then I can go straight into the multi assist which is usually enough to take down the enemy Biggs. At that point it's a 4v2 that I can almost always win. I have Phantom as a backup later on in case my Biggs is about to die, but it rarely even gets to that point.
  • Contemplating building up Phantom.

It's a decent ship yeah? Does it need to be with Ghost?

No. It's good enough on its own. It hits for 80k for me, g11 sabine,ezra, g10 chopper. Hardly any omegas, no zetas.