Ships or CLS

Porg
20 posts Member
Hi all,

I was wondering if I should work towards getting CLS or focus on upgrading my Dark Side ships. My situation for CLS is probably less than ideal, since I only have Princess Leia and ST Han at 7* right now, but I would probably be able to get R2-D2 to 7* the next time his event rolls around. However, that’s around the same time as CLS, so would that be bad timing/not enough time to farm shards for the rest of the characters?

Another thing: people have told me to not focus on CLS until after I unlock Tier III of the ship ability mat challenge, which I currently can’t complete because my Executrix needs to be upgraded to 5*. I can’t get the Executrix to 5* without at least 6 Dark Side ships at 4*, which I have, but their pilots aren’t fully geared/modded/leveled yet and I won’t be able to get the Executrix to 5* with a weak squad. So would it be better to focus on ships for now, or just go for CLS because he’s more useful in normal PvP?

Thanks!

Replies

• Depends really, the ship challenges are a nut ache altogether and you need much higher than it tells you.

Plus you'll be needing them zeta fellas more than CLS.

That said, if you have started the prep work for CLS (I've been told you only need G8 toons, at 7* obviously) then you can crack on with that.

I need zetas for Palp and Thrawn more than I'm worried about CLS for now so I'm doing my ships up. While farming shards for CLS toons. Though I'm not overly concerned about PvP myself.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Should be able to do both. Most of the resources are spread out for those two squads. R2 is his own event, but Farmboy and Old Ben are Cantina/Guild and GET store.

Zetas are a key to maximize so getting that ability mat challenge unlocked was one of my first priorities. Which DS pilots are you running?

I had KRU, FOTP, Maul, Gar/ISC, TFP and Vader under ships 1.0, and it was pretty straight forward. Never ended up using Maul or Gauntlet off the bench.
  • In my case KRU 7* G8 6* Silencer who's tissue paper, mind you I need some more abilities on him.

Vader 7* G9 in a 4* Advanced, just got that.

Boba G8 7* in a 5* Slave

TFP 7* G8 in a 5* TIE

Maul 6* G8 in a nearly 5* Scimitar

Tarkin G9 7* in obviously a 4* Executrix. A few more stun cuffs and he'll be at X though.

Abilities are as high as I can get sans purple mats, which never drop, ever. Ships are a minimum of Level 75 apart from Advanced which is 70.

Levelling likely won't do diddly against that onslaught, however if I could just whittle them down just enough I could get them with the Ultimate, but I can't. So I'll have to wait.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    Currently, I have Leia and R2 at 5*, Old Ben and Farmboy Luke at 4*, and ST Han at 6*. If I farmed Old Ben and Luke until the next CLS event, I think I could probably get them all to 7*—definitely Leia and Han because they’re in the arena store—but I’m not entirely sure about the others. I would need to do some calculations on the shard drop rate for the nodes.

Atm I have a 4* TIE Advanced x1 with 7* Gear XI Vader, 4* Slave I with 7* Gear VII Boba Fett, 5* Silencer with 5* Gear VII KRU, 4* TIE Figher with 4* Gear VI Imperial TIE Pilot, and 3* FO TIE with 4* Gear VI FO TIE Pilot. Idk if that’ll be enough to get me through Tier IV of Tarkin’s ship challenge, but it’ll take a shorter amount of time than doing the farming for CLS—maybe
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    Also trying to buy/farm shards for Maul and the Scimitar, but it’s taking a while
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    If you can make it in time for a hero's journey event you should definately do all you can to make it. These events come months apart, whereas you can always work on pilots and ships (apart from 7* capital ships and Chimaera).

Of course you should also work on pilots and ships that don't conflict with your farming for CLS.
  • Porg
    20 posts Member
    I can easily farm the TIE fighters and their pilots, but I can’t farm the Silencer or KRU because all my cantina energy is going towards farming Old Ben and Farmboy Luke.
  • I think you should fire at toons for CLS first. Unlock him as quickly as you can and then burn after Ships. CLS is a good light side/ rebell that can be used in many areas. Getting the ships ready takes way more time so first go after r2 and CLS which help you a lot in mid-stage gaming. Getting those Zetas is more end-game stuff which aqquires a lot.

Until then CLS and r2 can be used in Territory battles/wars, arena and other battles still to come.