Chimaera Ultimate Question

Can an enemy capital ship resist the Chimaera’s ultimate cooldown increase? I’ve noticed several times that an enemy Executrix brings in a reinforcement immediately after I use the Chimaera ultimate. How is that possible? Or am I missing something?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    Executrix seems to call a reinforcement quite frequently right after Chimaera Ultimate. The consensus seems to be it can be resisted, but I think there are some who still view it as a bug.
  • Options
    I've only ever seen this happen when Chimaera's ultimate triggers after the opposing ship reinforces with Phantom II. I'm not sure why the Phantom's reinforce overrides Chimaera's ultimate, but it does.
  • Options
    The power doesn't say 'cannot be resisted' so it always seemed correct that there was a chance for the cap ship to resist it. Compare it to the wording on tie reaper that says 'which cannot be resisted'
  • Options
    Cooldown increases, in general , cannot be resisted.

Heck, use reaper's special on FOTP, and see him use his special next turn anyway.

It's just bugged, like most things in the game lol.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I've only ever seen this happen when Chimaera's ultimate triggers after the opposing ship reinforces with Phantom II. I'm not sure why the Phantom's reinforce overrides Chimaera's ultimate, but it does.

This was happening even in ships 1.0, long before that ability was introduced, and it definitely happens when Phantom II is no where on the table.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if that's correct, but I thought that the reinforcement cooldown is independant from the other Capital ship abilities, because of the recent change to the reinforcement of ships.
  • Options
    100 percent yes it can be resisted.