Forums [Mega] Rollback of Friday’s Bonds of Weakness Change

Replies

• CG_TopHat wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    Thanks. Still really confused on whoever decided to roll this out at the end of the week with no warning or anything.

I made the call. Per the above, my general rule is to try to swiftly deal with infinite loop teams as fast as possible. Moved too fast this time.

Don't move fast at all please! Even if this team stays viable for months, that's not a matter of life and death you know. In other words, just let us play the way we want. And make a fun raid next time.
  • EclecticsScott
    369 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    You know, your playerbase has some pretty intelligent people in it. If you stated that a mechanic is working outside of intention we’d probably be able to come up with potential solutions pretty quick that you could chose from, that wouldn’t leave everyone so mad.
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
    Ooba hutar.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    CG_TopHat wrote: »
    MeshmeZ wrote: »
    thank you for admitting you were wrong. hopefully you figure out a way to fix the Traya auto problem without hurting other teams.

That's the hope. We're already investigating some other leads, but we're just trying to get the rollback taken care of today. I'll let the community know when we've got something more solid in place.

Now, where is Revan? :)
  • I sincerely hope that the devs can finally agree with us that releasing fixes, updates and patches late on a Friday is not acceptable unless thoroughly tested. The community warned the devs that this might happen in the hours between the announcement of the upcoming fix and its release.

I appreciate it when people own up to mistakes. I love it when they learn from them!

Here's to hoping that the discussion regarding future changes won't be like the Sith Raid Feedback Thread where we will be talked at instead of with.
  • well done, if we could get some words about „modgate“, our faith could come back again.
  • Thank you for stepping up and taking ownership.
    Still want my old daka zeta back

When we roll out the Nightsister Zombie change this will occur. But until then, we're going to leave all the Old Daka Zetas slotted.

Understandable. But again, what about the raid rewards and the gigantic feedback thread? That requires attention too.
  • Mercury90 wrote: »
    I really want to believe this is something you're doing for us because you actually realized you messed up. I actually believe you did this because you saw the amount of refunds being requested and panicked. Either way I suppose I'm happy. Especially since this is something almost nobody can currently achieve so you should actually have the time to test it first.

This comes up often, and I wanted to let you know that we don't have access to that information in real time. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing refund data - so it's not something we consider. That's not to say we don't care about community sentiment, we certainly do, it's just not based on this particular metric.
  • Thank you for this. I am impressed.
    My random thought - since you said its a problem with the health steal up, can the raid address that buff instead of changing any of the NS faction or how traya works otherwise?
  • So who can make sure this never happens again? A Friday update that was so poorly thought out my 2 year old niece scoffed at it!
  • Monel wrote: »
    thank you for admitting you were wrong. hopefully you figure out a way to fix the Traya auto problem without hurting other teams.

That's the hope. We're already investigating some other leads, but we're just trying to get the rollback taken care of today. I'll let the community know when we've got something more solid in place.

Who?
  • I can look past this! Thx for the update... Glad it's going to be updated!!
  • Monitoring the outrage. This "monitoring closely." Threshold of ill will and all the nasty fiscal side effects vs. goals and long-term viabilty. Cg is playing chess, players checkers. It's a wonderous spectacle to observe this precisely calibrated machine whirl and twitter its gears and cogs. This meta-game. Bravo I say. I enjoy this part all too much.
  • Ragnir
    118 posts Member
    Thanks for listening to the community.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Honestly I just love how seeing this is such a breath of relief after us having to deal with no communication about ships 2.0 and how much people dislike it or the sith raid's t1-6 rewards being too low, that some words like this cause people to literally thank you for doing the right thing :D

Just glad to see it too!
  • Really appreciate you taking responsibility for the timing and rushed nature of the fix. Glad that we get some advanced warning and your rationale in the future, gives the opportunity for you to take feedback into account before the change. To me, that sounds more like a conversation between devs and the player base rather than a unilateral decision.
  • A lot of sentiment to be found in the sith raid feedback thread. here s to hoping your mouse wheels still function and can scroll down a bit.
    Mercury90 wrote: »
    I really want to believe this is something you're doing for us because you actually realized you messed up. I actually believe you did this because you saw the amount of refunds being requested and panicked. Either way I suppose I'm happy. Especially since this is something almost nobody can currently achieve so you should actually have the time to test it first.

This comes up often, and I wanted to let you know that we don't have access to that information in real time. In fact, I don't recall ever seeing refund data - so it's not something we consider. That's not to say we don't care about community sentiment, we certainly do, it's just not based on this particular metric.

If you care about community sentiment. You should also address the rewards and the lower tiers.
  • I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the Critolyte team should not be a problem... I'm sure it is, but it shouldn't be. There are currently no guilds who have 50 members with 7* Traya. So, if people are using that team to go wild and take a top spot, they are just being awful to their guild mates who need her shards.
    Monel wrote: »

Who?

C’mon, we all know he’s coming eventually ;)
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Thank you first and foremost this change did not impact my teams but it was the correct change to make and I’m glad y’all have apologized for a mistake that was made. Would love it if you could keep the communication up with what is being done to replace this fix in the future.

P.s. do we still get free stuff? Hehe I’m ok with a free zeta
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Just words at the moment but thanks you and my bounty hunters that can’t remove bonds thank you.
  • @CG_TopHat I understand and respect the courage it took to own up to your mistakes. I know people will still give you hell but it was a good call and kudos to you for making it.
    Now allow me to offer my thoughts on a potential fix that would prevent loops without affecting the established NS teams. Set a limit to Bonds of weakness at say 50 or 100 and when it reaches that limit the boss becomes enraged or your characters are instantly defeated. This will prevent any cheese teams (it would have prevented Stormtrooper Han too in the past) and is pretty future proof for infinite loops, at least in P3 and P4 of the Sith raid. This way you leave the teams that people have painfully farmed and geared alone, they can still enjoy them and you can release toons with healthsteal up or "on damage" triggers as you wish without worrying about Bonds. Please consider this proposition and again thanks for the rollback.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Well done. I appreciate the openness, honesty and the good decision.

Many agree that infinite "cheese" loops are bad for the game and need to be addressed quickly. Thank you for doing the right thing in rolling back a change that was not adequate.

I look forward to a fair, equitable and well-working fix in the future.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • First: Thanks for the rollback and admitting a mistake.
    Second: Could you, in the future, avoid putting out such drastic changes late on a Friday? A lot of the negative reactions, mine too, came from you guys putting out such a massive change that invalidated months of work and then being gone for two days.

Who?

LOL that’s pretty funny. Well played sir.
  • @CG_TopHat good stuff, man. Hats off to you sir.

Why not change acolyte? She has been, as you said, toeing the line.
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Thanks for that! :)
    I hope you all can now enjoy your coffees, after your emergency meeting ;)
  • So the rollback is coming today? Or when is it coming?

And the Zombie change is still in plan? Per your reply to another comment it looks like it does, honestly after so long for that mechanic to be in place, changing it now still looks like taking the Cryptolite as an excuse for something that doesn't have anything to do with it... They are not even meta now?

I don't have Traya, nor even a Shard, but just out of curiosity, when you rollback, Crytolite will still be possible until you have another solution?