Arena Exploit? Can someone please explain this?

12346Next

Replies

• https://swgoh.gg/u/sidiousispikachu/
    enjoy. although the only one we share is thrawn, which is someone i dont like and is more like a placeholder. my thrawn is modded badly, with 261 speed, while the others in my shard have him around 280-300, but it really doesnt matter because how my team goes (and thats why im with 100% offense winrate) so i couldnt care less about him.
    anyway, if you'd use Trio+Auto-Taunt+whatever you want, you'd realize that getting #1 with my modding (which is enough) is super-easy and i dont need anyone's help for it.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    So you know what you're doing, that's clear. So leave the shard chat.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    So you know what you're doing, that's clear. So leave the shard chat.

why ? im not leaving because im helping others, and im glad im in this position.
    when i got back, i was in the opposite position. the guy whos good and competitive enough to be in the chat, but cant beat everyone (hard to find teams that beat much better modded teams) and i also decided not to farm chaze (just like i decided not to farm JTR or Wedge) so there are people that helped me by removeing mods sometimes, giving tips and all, so i can climb, because i couldnt beat all. from avg 10-20, i started to avg #1, without need to spend money.. now, after long long time im in the good position of helping others, and im helping those who helped me before to recover from my break. (they knew me before i took the break aswell, since as i said, i was #1 often before.. in Poe and dooku meta and such.
    if i'd leave the chat, it wouldnt effect me, but it might effect others in the chat in a negative way, and i dont want that.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    How would it affect others in a negative way?
  • they would struggle take me out if i cant remove mods, and that means they need RNG or its other name : more crystals.
    they need to defend themselves from others who try to snipe, and that means : more crystals.
    now im saving them crystals, when i need, they will save me crystals. win-win situation, and the guys outside the chat can create their own chat and try their own win-win situation
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Couldn't have put it better myself. So in an arena, you would worry that being better than those around you is a bad thing. I think if you're team is good enough to stay at number 1, it should stay at number 1. Other modes of the game are explicitly designed to accommodate cooperation, with plenty of rewards available there. These shard chats just grab the top 20 places or soand see them as their own to be divvied up amongst their members, and I don't like it. It's presumptuous. No-one gave them the right to do that. It's justified through the betterment of its members but as has been mentioned loads of times, it's a closed group while it's invite only. I love my guild. No idea what they think of me but I'd hope it's positive as I do everything I can to support our group activities, but the arena I see as 1v1 pvp.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Tilidi wrote: »
    Mind you, I don't care about shard chat, in fact I am happy with MY game the way it is, but I can use my eyes to see the problems, and ONLY because they can do nothing to prevent shard chat (using 3rd party chat tools), the devs chose to declare them legit.

I have always prefered PvE over PvP because PvE promotes cooperation (which does not stop the devs to try nerf it in Raids as we have seen recently) to success, PvP's goal being to walk on top of other human beings to achieve better ranking and rewards. (has always been like that and will always be, fine.)

I am in the top 200 and things will stay like that because I don't plan to heavily invest real money (And I have spent) in game and thus will never have the meta to get in top 20, and that is perfectly fine to me.

I just understand people who feel like they are harassed by a team of players part of the shard chat when they refuse to join and then get banged by all the team.

The PvP part of this game was designed to be 1 Vs 1, not 20 Vs 1. Now if you guys and the devs are happy with that situation, who am I to say anything against that?

this is exactly why you wont be in any shard chat. you just not competitive enough in the arena. the chats came to help the hardcore arena guys and make them do less fights. you cant see the benefit because you are so far from being anywhere near "hardcore arena".
    no offense, but reading this all i can think is "this guy isnt good enough". this isnt walking on other human beings, its just competition. instead of the chaos without arena chats, where everybody tried to be #1 all day long for NO REASON AT ALL, the chats bring balance, and whoever that can climb, will climb in his hours. those who aren't worthy, like you unfortunately, will get fought against so you wont disturb the order.

Lol..... You speak of being "good enough" and "hardcore" yet you need a shard chat full of chronies to keep you near the top on a daily basis.....

"Competition"..... That word doesn't mean what you think it means.....

i dont need ANYONE to get my #1. proud #1 in both arenas for over a year straight (!!!!!!!) without spending at all in this time (without spending since they removed the 30-day pack, actually.)
    right now i have a team with 100% offense winrate, can win anyone with even better modding.
    i can show you a video of me needing 1 fight exactly to get #1. was dropped to #4 after 24 hours. people within the shard struggle vs me as well and i remove mods a lot and change teams so they can have their payout.
    dont act like you know me noobie :) but thats fine, you probably think that everyone are noobs like you. i can show you also perfect DS TB runs when i send thrawn, palp and DT to platoons... also getting much better TW scores than people with 4M GP or close to it (while i have 3M GP)
    you just bitter that you aren't good enough to be even invited to shard chat probably :)

Someone needs a Snickers.

nah, all good. but some people need to get yelled at a bit. this guy have no idea about what is shard chat really are, and why people who suddenly have a "good" team can enter like that.
    im at the top of my shard for 2.5 years already, if i see someone new, i won't give him easy life until he prove he deserve it. and they rarely do. they come in, trying to compete, fail, and give up. its not a coincidence that everyone that really care are already in the shard chat, and those who care but aren't good enough are here and crying about the shard chats.

Such a thing as a bad winner though...

perhaps. but this guy is in 65M guild and he thinks that because hes a newb, everybody are. thats not the case obviously. he trying to suggest im not "good enough" for getting #1 without help, then he miss the point completely.
    shard chats are the people who willing to, and can get #1, but tired of fighting each other for no reason. the chats minimize fights for people who will get #1 ANYWAY.
    remove the shard chat, and the outsiders will still be dropped as much. because the #1 guys wont let them enter anyway. the shard chat just improved the experience - less fights to those who can easily get #1, and helping those who could get top10 reliably, to get #1. no more sniping - sharing the payout and rotating rewards so everyone happy. those who aren't in chats remain untouched in most cases: they wouldnt get #1 even if no such thing as chats, and if they think for a minute that they would, they are super naive.
    the rare cases of people who could conquer the #1 but somehow dont get into the shard chats, are because the chats are led by.. lets say.. bad people.

But you do understand that you undermine your own position of saying you're good enough to be number 1 ad infinitum but at the same time have membership of a group who's sole purpose is to manipulate the rankings? Leave the group and stay number 1 - that would be more impressive.

you still dont realize ? it was done, it will be done easily. especially now, when everybody knows when my PO is and wont mess with me, i can maintain the #1 rank without refreshes as always. actually, i'll probably drop lower, because i wont remove mods for anyone.
    the guys in the chat was #1 and stayed #1 BEFORE THE CHAT, with chat its easier to do so, and now if they go outside the chat, it will be even easier for them to do so.
    we actually have someone who got sick of removing mods or smthing, i dont know, he left group, and he keep on getting #1. thats no problem.
    the main point that you guys still dont understand, is that (in 90% of cases, at least) the guy outside the chat cant really compete with the guys inside the chat, regardless of the chat. if now chats are removed, the status quo will remain. the guys who are getting #1 within the chat will get it outside the chat, and the guys who dont get it, will keep not to get it. only thing it will cause, is more crystals and fights for everyone. but rankings will stay the same.
    and this is exactly why people inside the chat are inside the chat, and those outside are outside.
    the shard "collision" or whatever you tell yourself is just a lie so those who cant get #1 will feel better about themselves. truth is they cant compete with the more hardcore players, and thats it.
    stop lie to yourself.

Oh you are precious. Don't ever change.

Leave the group then, and call my bluff. If your team truly is as magnificent as you say then you'll have no problem maintaining your position in the face of a concerted attack by the group. Or, and we both know this, you won't do it because it may mean your position will be jeopardised not because your team is bad but because it's inevitable you'll lose more fights as more people are choosing to battle you, rather than people picking their own fights. For what it's worth, highest I've got is 9 and i don't think I've been victim of a shard chat ganged up attack, but I'm a sucker for hypocrisy, contradiction and self delusion so this thread is yummy to me.

Anyway, your turn to call be a newbie or something equally scathing.
    You're hypothesis has no merit.

To compare between in the chat and out, one must have participated in both. Those in shard chats have already experienced not being in shard chats, they don't have to try not being in one, they already have.

The ones not in shard chats, however, have no idea what being in a shard chat is about because they haven't tried it. In other words, the only ones who would have to do testing about the impact a shard chat has, are those who aren't in one. They're the only ones who lack experience on both sides of the fence.

Besides, haven't you ever heard the phrase: "Don't knock it until you try it"?

The saying means don't talk bad about things you haven't participated in because you don't know what you are talking about.

• CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Mind you, I don't care about shard chat, in fact I am happy with MY game the way it is, but I can use my eyes to see the problems, and ONLY because they can do nothing to prevent shard chat (using 3rd party chat tools), the devs chose to declare them legit.

I have always prefered PvE over PvP because PvE promotes cooperation (which does not stop the devs to try nerf it in Raids as we have seen recently) to success, PvP's goal being to walk on top of other human beings to achieve better ranking and rewards. (has always been like that and will always be, fine.)

I am in the top 200 and things will stay like that because I don't plan to heavily invest real money (And I have spent) in game and thus will never have the meta to get in top 20, and that is perfectly fine to me.

I just understand people who feel like they are harassed by a team of players part of the shard chat when they refuse to join and then get banged by all the team.

The PvP part of this game was designed to be 1 Vs 1, not 20 Vs 1. Now if you guys and the devs are happy with that situation, who am I to say anything against that?

this is exactly why you wont be in any shard chat. you just not competitive enough in the arena. the chats came to help the hardcore arena guys and make them do less fights. you cant see the benefit because you are so far from being anywhere near "hardcore arena".
    no offense, but reading this all i can think is "this guy isnt good enough". this isnt walking on other human beings, its just competition. instead of the chaos without arena chats, where everybody tried to be #1 all day long for NO REASON AT ALL, the chats bring balance, and whoever that can climb, will climb in his hours. those who aren't worthy, like you unfortunately, will get fought against so you wont disturb the order.

Lol..... You speak of being "good enough" and "hardcore" yet you need a shard chat full of chronies to keep you near the top on a daily basis.....

i dont need ANYONE to get my #1. proud #1 in both arenas for over a year straight (!!!!!!!) without spending at all in this time (without spending since they removed the 30-day pack, actually.)
    right now i have a team with 100% offense winrate, can win anyone with even better modding.
    i can show you a video of me needing 1 fight exactly to get #1. was dropped to #4 after 24 hours. people within the shard struggle vs me as well and i remove mods a lot and change teams so they can have their payout.
    dont act like you know me noobie :) but thats fine, you probably think that everyone are noobs like you. i can show you also perfect DS TB runs when i send thrawn, palp and DT to platoons... also getting much better TW scores than people with 4M GP or close to it (while i have 3M GP)
    you just bitter that you aren't good enough to be even invited to shard chat probably :)

nah, all good. but some people need to get yelled at a bit. this guy have no idea about what is shard chat really are, and why people who suddenly have a "good" team can enter like that.
    im at the top of my shard for 2.5 years already, if i see someone new, i won't give him easy life until he prove he deserve it. and they rarely do. they come in, trying to compete, fail, and give up. its not a coincidence that everyone that really care are already in the shard chat, and those who care but aren't good enough are here and crying about the shard chats.

perhaps. but this guy is in 65M guild and he thinks that because hes a newb, everybody are. thats not the case obviously. he trying to suggest im not "good enough" for getting #1 without help, then he miss the point completely.
    shard chats are the people who willing to, and can get #1, but tired of fighting each other for no reason. the chats minimize fights for people who will get #1 ANYWAY.
    remove the shard chat, and the outsiders will still be dropped as much. because the #1 guys wont let them enter anyway. the shard chat just improved the experience - less fights to those who can easily get #1, and helping those who could get top10 reliably, to get #1. no more sniping - sharing the payout and rotating rewards so everyone happy. those who aren't in chats remain untouched in most cases: they wouldnt get #1 even if no such thing as chats, and if they think for a minute that they would, they are super naive.
    the rare cases of people who could conquer the #1 but somehow dont get into the shard chats, are because the chats are led by.. lets say.. bad people.

But you do understand that you undermine your own position of saying you're good enough to be number 1 ad infinitum but at the same time have membership of a group who's sole purpose is to manipulate the rankings? Leave the group and stay number 1 - that would be more impressive.

you still dont realize ? it was done, it will be done easily. especially now, when everybody knows when my PO is and wont mess with me, i can maintain the #1 rank without refreshes as always. actually, i'll probably drop lower, because i wont remove mods for anyone.
    the guys in the chat was #1 and stayed #1 BEFORE THE CHAT, with chat its easier to do so, and now if they go outside the chat, it will be even easier for them to do so.
    we actually have someone who got sick of removing mods or smthing, i dont know, he left group, and he keep on getting #1. thats no problem.
    the main point that you guys still dont understand, is that (in 90% of cases, at least) the guy outside the chat cant really compete with the guys inside the chat, regardless of the chat. if now chats are removed, the status quo will remain. the guys who are getting #1 within the chat will get it outside the chat, and the guys who dont get it, will keep not to get it. only thing it will cause, is more crystals and fights for everyone. but rankings will stay the same.
    and this is exactly why people inside the chat are inside the chat, and those outside are outside.
    the shard "collision" or whatever you tell yourself is just a lie so those who cant get #1 will feel better about themselves. truth is they cant compete with the more hardcore players, and thats it.
    stop lie to yourself.

Leave the group then, and call my bluff. If your team truly is as magnificent as you say then you'll have no problem maintaining your position in the face of a concerted attack by the group. Or, and we both know this, you won't do it because it may mean your position will be jeopardised not because your team is bad but because it's inevitable you'll lose more fights as more people are choosing to battle you, rather than people picking their own fights. For what it's worth, highest I've got is 9 and i don't think I've been victim of a shard chat ganged up attack, but I'm a sucker for hypocrisy, contradiction and self delusion so this thread is yummy to me.

To compare between in the chat and out, one must have participated in both. Those in shard chats have already experienced not being in shard chats, they don't have to try not being in one, they already have.

The ones not in shard chats, however, have no idea what being in a shard chat is about because they haven't tried it. In other words, the only ones who would have to do testing about the impact a shard chat has, are those who aren't in one. They're the only ones who lack experience on both sides of the fence.

The saying means don't talk bad about things you haven't participated in because you don't know what you are talking about.

Thanks for the mansplanation of that popular saying. I've printed it out.

You've not explained why my hypothesis has no merit, and it's entirely reasonable to have a view on a position without having experienced it. I trust you can think of plenty yourself but I can reel loads off if you're struggling.
  • CallidusThorn
    14 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I really don't get where the issue is here with shardchats. Being first outside of your payout gets you nothing, so it makes sense to coordinate. You don't knocked down by someone hitting you just for kicks, or as payback for you hitting them when it was their payout but wasn't yours, and you don't snipe people at their payout just for the sake of beating them. Everybody wins.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Woodroward wrote: »

stop lie to yourself.

Thanks for the mansplanation of that popular saying. I've printed it out.

You've not explained why my hypothesis has no merit, and it's entirely reasonable to have a view on a position without having experienced it. I trust you can think of plenty yourself but I can reel loads off if you're struggling.
    I more than adequately explained why your hypothesis has no merit compared to what he is saying. He has data to draw on both from inside and outside the chat. Your data is only from outside the chat and think you can predict the difference in his play based on that.

Your data is incomplete, yet you think your conclusions are more well based than those who have relevant data from both sides of the fence. Your hypothesis has no merit as it has no substance to be built upon.

This isn't "mansplaining", and I'd thank you to keep this on a civil level aimed at the discussion at hand rather than resorting to personal attacks, it is a simple explanation of the difference between pure conjecture and data backed hypotheses. Your's is unfortunately not backed by data collected in all of the relevant places.

Now, it's not pure conjecture as it is based on some data, but since it's only from outside the chat, your data is missing at least 50% of what would be necessary for your hypothesis to be proven sound. This means your hypothesis is only mostly conjecture, not pure conjecture.

Now his is based on relevant data from all the relevant places and as such is mostly not conjecture. His understanding is far more likely to be correct than yours just because it is based on a larger, more complete sampling of data than yours is.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    You mansplained. You used an everyday phrase, then explained what it meant. At best it was patronising. I wasn't rude, I just pointed this out. If you don't like that, don't mansplain.

And you didn't explain why my argument lacked merit. You just dismissed it because you think I have to experience being part of the group to criticise it. Thats a circular argument. It's really astoundingly obvious that the groups are self serving and can't deal with the unpredictability of someone playing the game in a way other than the groups have decided is the correct way. Examples of being able to say something is bad without experiencing it:

- being shot
    - a relative dying
    - living under a Trump presidency

Imagine starting out and being greeted by an official message that says once you reach a certain ranking you'll be contacted by other players and the rankings around payout time will be managed. It would be ridiculous.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    You mansplained. You used an everyday phrase, then explained what it meant. At best it was patronising. I wasn't rude, I just pointed this out. If you don't like that, don't mansplain.

And you didn't explain why my argument lacked merit. You just dismissed it because you think I have to experience being part of the group to criticise it. Thats a circular argument. It's really astoundingly obvious that the groups are self serving and can't deal with the unpredictability of someone playing the game in a way other than the groups have decided is the correct way. Examples of being able to say something is bad without experiencing it:

- being shot
    - a relative dying
    - living under a Trump presidency

Imagine starting out and being greeted by an official message that says once you reach a certain ranking you'll be contacted by other players and the rankings around payout time will be managed. It would be ridiculous.

I didn't mansplain, that's an insulting term and is against the rules, I'll thank you not to insult me again. I explained clearly and concisely and based entirely on logical reasoning rather than any personal feeling or association.

A circular argument is not saying to gather data about something before you venture an opinion and expect it to have merit.

And anecdotes from those who also have no direct experience with something are also not convincing evidence unlike the examples you listed above.

This does not compare. Without the experience, your complaints really have no merit because you literally have no idea what type of a community you are a part of that you are criticizing.

It isn't the game that decides this will happen, it is the majority of players who are getting paid out that hour. Not every payout hour in my chat has an assigned ranking order. That's not a requirement to join the chat. Nor is it a requirement to get top ranks in a lot of payout hours. The ones where it is predetermined, it's because the people in that payout decided they wanted it that way.

Are you going to say that 1 person who MAY have the potential to get into the top 10 wanting to be FFA while the other 13 in that payout hour want to rotate is the other 13 being nefarious?

No, it isn't. This is an error in your reasoning because you are only looking at this from one point of view. This is what you are accusing us of, when in reality, we already looked at it from your point of view before we joined the chat. You can't look at it from ours unless you do.

Some people choose to cooperate. If someone doesn't want to cooperate, then they are choosing to compete with those cooperating. It isn't like the mafia where people are strong-armed into cooperation. It's like society where the guy who wants to do whatever they want is controlled by everyone else through rules decided upon democratically because they want to keep the peace.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    After further review of this thread and the direction it's heading in, I've closed it down. The forums are not the place for discussing politics, sociopathy, and so on and so-forth.
This discussion has been closed.