Triage Fixes in the Raid

This isn't about a specific team, so please don't lump this post into a discussion about a specific combo or faction. If it needs to be reorganized put it into a generalized discussion about game fixes.

This is a response directly to the developer clarification and emphasis on trying to prevent infinite loops, cheese teams in general and the difficulty in finding good solutions.

It seems like the coding and changes required to stop cheese teams is complex, requires a lot of testing, and can have unfortunate effects on non-cheese dynamics wherein everybody (devs and gamers included) have to just "eat" a negative change to the raid in order to prevent an even more negative effect on the game from a cheese team.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but as we know that there is a reason to have short-term changes, and as we know that cheese teams are probably going to be discovered over and over again going forward, isn't it easier to just write some code to prohibit entering certain phases with certain specific combos of toons and have a message pop-up that says "composition prohibited?" Wouldn't such a change not require all the labor, time, money, and danger of getting into combat mechanics and once that code is created couldn't it be used as a framework and applied to the discovery of new cheese teams? With that kind of fix, even as a short-term, the only people who would lose out would be people claiming "Oh I was going to use that combo of toons yes, but I wasn't going to deploy the cheese, I was going to do an honest run!" That seems like an easy fix effecting an exceptionally small group of gamers.

Replies

• :neutral:
  • I really dislike this idea. So basically if a team is too good you can't use it, that's ridiculous. How about they just leave it alone?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Firstly they dont want to limit the players choices, the design of the game has always been rooted in the fact that you could make a team of characters that could/would never stand together and play. This would go against that "spirit of the game".

Second issue would be that this suggestion would completely devalue a full team to 0. The current situation only brought it down to 1/2 (ish) and that was a huge issue.

So this is very unlikely to ever be a viable concept for these and probably many other reasons.
  • OK so you all agree that the acolyte / traya cheese team should be left alone? I think the damage of the "devaluing" of that team goes way beyond diminishing (something? not sure the referent) by "1/2." As was noted in the initial posts, that team is harmful in myriad ways some of them social and difficult to quantify.

You don't care what that might do to guild dynamics and motivation re: the raid? I'm going to get 7* Traya in a couple of weeks so OK... I guess I'll have the option to just take #1 until the devs decide to make a bigger mechanical change that might devalue whole kits and long-standing pre-cheese mechanics people have worked toward / relied on?

I'm talking about prohibiting specific cheese combos. So think of every possible combo of toons out there, think of solutions that might greatly change game mechanics even outside the raid (changing character kits for everybody who farmed a character because a few people find a way to exploit the raid)… or you can just not let one of thousands of combos under different specific leads operate and let the cheesers cry (instead of harming the players who aren't cheesing by making wholesale changes to kits, raid mechanics, etc.)… I'm really happy with telling people in endless loop cheese "sorry, you can't combine these SPECIFIC toons to do THIS SPECIFIC cheese in THIS SPECIFIC game mode" and I'm OK with losing the power to cheese myself.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Saying your solution is bad is not the same as saying there is not a problem in need of solving.
    Still not a he.