Hermit Yoda not escaping?

Rizn
246 posts Member
May just be missing something simple so please let me know. I did search and didn’t see anything on this yet.

In the Heroic Sith raid, phase 2, Sion killed my Thrawn leaving HYoda as my last toon.... then he killed HYoda. Hadn’t seen that happen yet. Is it something with the dynamics of Sion taking a few turns in a row? Does it have to be HYodas turn to escape? I didn’t think that was the case. This was after enrage if that matters.

Thanks.

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    HYoda can only escape at the start of a turn, so you were correct in think it's the dynamic of Sion taking multiple turns in a row. Each of those attacks don't count as a new turn, he just gets to use a bonus action after his first move. It's all considered one turn. Doesn't need to be his turn, just needs someone new to start their turn. Ideally you want the last toon besides Hoda to be killed by a counter attack from Sion to ensure Hoda will escape.

Can happen whether or not he is enraged or not.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Vertigo wrote: »
    HYoda can only escape at the start of a turn, so you were correct in think it's the dynamic of Sion taking multiple turns in a row. Each of those attacks don't count as a new turn, he just gets to use a bonus action after his first move. It's all considered one turn. Doesn't need to be his turn, just needs someone new to start their turn. Ideally you want the last toon besides Hoda to be killed by a counter attack from Sion to ensure Hoda will escape.

Correct
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Options

What seems like a bug to me is that he can hit Yoda in stealth with those bonus turns when he is the last one left.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    When there are only Stealth targets left, it is as though no one is in Stealth.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

Hoda has +100% evasion when stealthed though, I think that's what he was going for. Not sure if that has anything to do with Enraged, Sion might get 100% accuracy after he becomes Enraged.
  • Options

You know that he is likely referring to the fact that hermit is supposed to have 100% evasion while stealthed, and is still being hit while stealthed. Just because only hermit is left, doesn’t mean that he dropped out of stealth. But he is getting hit while stealthed.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    True, but most likely is Enraged boss or some attack that cannot be evaded then.
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options

You know that he is likely referring to the fact that hermit is supposed to have 100% evasion while stealthed, and is still being hit while stealthed. Just because only hermit is left, doesn’t mean that he dropped out of stealth. But he is getting hit while stealthed.
    True, but most likely is Enraged boss or some attack that cannot be evaded then.

or evasion != dodge as foresight is supposed to grant +999900% dodge chance for example while evasion up only gives you additional 15% dodge ...

• Options

Hoda has +100% evasion when stealthed though, I think that's what he was going for. Not sure if that has anything to do with Enraged, Sion might get 100% accuracy after he becomes Enraged.

This definitely seems like a bug. It should not be possible to hit Hoda when he is stealthed based on the wording of his kit. If it is some intentional mechanic that is causing this to happen that would be extremely lame.
  • Options

It happens when not enraged too. At least in HSTR it happens before enrage.
  • Options
    Yoda while stealthed has +100% evasion. Raid bosses, while enraged, have +100% accuracy. That accuracy boost cancels out the evasion boost.
  • Options

This definitely seems like a bug. It should not be possible to hit Hoda when he is stealthed based on the wording of his kit. If it is some intentional mechanic that is causing this to happen that would be extremely lame.

Umm one word Accuracy.

12.5 accuracy for example brings that evasion to 87.5