Fleet energy doesn't count?

Klocko
1017 posts Member
Fleet energy doesn't count towards 600 raid tix? On the day where the guild activity is specifically worded "use any energy in battles" this especially makes no sense. I mean, the operative word there is "any".

Replies

• Fleet never counts towards your daily 600 , . . . As for the guild daily activity, totally separate field there. This is the once a week that fleet energy is counted towards a guild wide activity. , just not the 600, ever.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I understand that it doesn't. The question is why?
  • As already explained , if they would have included it then they would have raised the daily 600 to a daily 900, and adjusted all the raid tiers accordingly to keep the same number of raids per week. They decided not to mess with it and made it not count to leave the Daily 600 at 600
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    It's been bugging me since I missed my 600 during double drops after spending a ton of crystals on refreshes thinking I'd spent like 1000 energy total, but was only at like 480. Checking today knowing the word "any" is in the wording has me riled up again.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    As already explained , if they would have included it then they would have raised the daily 600 to a daily 900, and adjusted all the raid tiers accordingly to keep the same number of raids per week. They decided not to mess with it and made it not count to leave the Daily 600 at 600

That actually makes some sense. Still bugging the kitten out of me.
  • Shrug, the daily is separate from the 600 , I know you know that. And it’s kinda nice that since they dropped the Gw daily for this one, that atleast they made all energy count.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I know the daily like the challenges is separate. Never occurred to me until I came up short that fleet didnt count either.
  • Oh, well,. . Lol, now you know ;)
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Oh, well,. . Lol, now you know ;)

Yep.
  • The devs don’t exactly help us figure this out by being consistent though, do they?

Some days the daily activity is directly linked to your 600, on others it isn’t.

On challenge day, ship challenges count; but on arena battle day, ship arena battles don’t count.

They wouldn’t need to do any rearrangement of raid ticket pricing if they changed daily total to 800, though, as that would make guild daily total 40,000. At current launch prices there is no raid that would be unaffordable on, say, Monday that would then lead to a wasted tickets on the Tuesday.

In fact, I’m now wondering why they chose 110K for heroic Sith launch cost. 120K seemed more in keeping with the rancor - tank progression.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    110 was to throw us a bone? Lol. I don't know. The inconsistencies are what makes it difficult to discern.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    Klocko wrote: »
    110 was to throw us a bone? Lol. I don't know. The inconsistencies are what makes it difficult to discern.

I'd guess that was so that if you waited a day you wouldn't always be losing out on tickets. Tickets cap at 150k, having it cost 120k and getting 30k a day means if you wait even just a day you're losing tickets no matter what you do. (Unless your guild has managed to uphold a perfect 600 for everyone since the day of it's creation, which certainly isn't true for a lot of guilds.)
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    The devs don’t exactly help us figure this out by being consistent though, do they?

Some days the daily activity is directly linked to your 600, on others it isn’t.

On challenge day, ship challenges count; but on arena battle day, ship arena battles don’t count.

They wouldn’t need to do any rearrangement of raid ticket pricing if they changed daily total to 800, though, as that would make guild daily total 40,000. At current launch prices there is no raid that would be unaffordable on, say, Monday that would then lead to a wasted tickets on the Tuesday.

In fact, I’m now wondering why they chose 110K for heroic Sith launch cost. 120K seemed more in keeping with the rancor - tank progression.

I don't understand your first comment, the daily challenges has absolutely no connection to daily 600
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Fleet energy doesn't count towards 600 raid tix? On the day where the guild activity is specifically worded "use any energy in battles" this especially makes no sense. I mean, the operative word there is "any".

These are two different things. Fleet energy doesn't count towards the daily 600 tickets. Fleet energy does count toward "use any energy."
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jaxom wrote: »
    The devs don’t exactly help us figure this out by being consistent though, do they?

I don't understand your first comment, the daily challenges has absolutely no connection to daily 600

When the daily challenge is “light side battles” or “dark side battles” or “hard node battles”, it absolutely does.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Jaxom wrote: »

When the daily challenge is “light side battles” or “dark side battles” or “hard node battles”, it absolutely does.

Which is where the inconsistencies lie here
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member

That just allows your energy spent to go towards two different goals. Daily guild activities and daily 600 have never been associated with each other. Yes, it happens to be that on some days there is some overlap between the two, but that doesn't mean that daily activity should hold any sway over what counts towards daily tickets. That's like saying arena battles should go towards daily tickets because on sundays they are the guild activity.....
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Which is where the inconsistencies lie here

Nope. Because the 600 tickets is and always has come from the same sources. It doesn’t matter if the guild activity is arena battles or spend any energy, that 600 is always—consistently—regular and cantina energy. Similarly, when the daily activity is “spend dark side energy” you still have your light side energy contributing to the 600.

There’s no inconsistency.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jaxom wrote: »

That just allows your energy spent to go towards two different goals. Daily guild activities and daily 600 have never been associated with each other. Yes, it happens to be that on some days there is some overlap between the two, but that doesn't mean that daily activity should hold any sway over what counts towards daily tickets. That's like saying arena battles should go towards daily tickets because on sundays they are the guild activity.....

It’s not like saying that at all. My point was it’s inconsistent around ships. The ship challenges count but ship arena battles don’t count towards your guild daily activity.

On the days where guild daily activity is “light side energy” or “dark side energy” etc you cannot contribute to the guild activity without contributing to your 600, so for you to state that they have “never been associated with each other” or “have absolutely no connection” is misguided. Sure, on some days of the week the guild activity and 600 tickets are unrelated, but on more than half of the week they are inextricably linked.

The inconstancy is exaggerated now with an entire energy stream not registering as part of the 600 tickets, when all other energy does.

• @DarjeloSalas , you do realize that’s your perceived inconsistency has been clearly explained by the devs with regards to why it does NOT count towards the daily 600 right, . . .

Also, . . . They are not related, . . There is occasion double benefits, however that does not make them inextricably linked laddie
  • I'd rather see the daily max up to 800 per person but the Guild total is still 30,000. Would make guilds with some less active players still be able to collect a decent amount of raid tickets. Or Guild members away for a stretch, etc.

Also, ship energy counts towards the "Spend Energy in Hard Battles" that we're currently on. Two days in a row it counts for something.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member

It’s not like saying that at all. My point was it’s inconsistent around ships. The ship challenges count but ship arena battles don’t count towards your guild daily activity.

On the days where guild daily activity is “light side energy” or “dark side energy” etc you cannot contribute to the guild activity without contributing to your 600, so for you to state that they have “never been associated with each other” or “have absolutely no connection” is misguided. Sure, on some days of the week the guild activity and 600 tickets are unrelated, but on more than half of the week they are inextricably linked.

The inconstancy is exaggerated now with an entire energy stream not registering as part of the 600 tickets, when all other energy does.

In the end of the day, they built the daily tickets framework, and the daily challenges framework with certain limits. If you want to have them add pieces to them, that will cause the limits to be increased to match.
  • @DarjeloSalas , you do realize that’s your perceived inconsistency has been clearly explained by the devs with regards to why it does NOT count towards the daily 600 right, . . .

Also, . . . They are not related, . . There is occasion double benefits, however that does not make them inextricably linked laddie

We’ll have to agree to disagree on that last part (on certain days), but I do get why ship energy doesn’t count towards the 600.

As @Jaxom alludes to, the energy / tickets / challenges framework was already complete and designed in such a way that no player can complete 600/600 on 2 consecutive days without spending at least 50 crystals.

If ship energy were to be included, players would comfortably be able to get 600/600 every day without the need to ever spend crystals on energy. So including ship energy would necessitate a rise in the daily ticket total, which must be a right p.i.t.a. to implement.
  • They already came out and said that, .. . Dev post re ship energy that if they included it it would go to 900 daily and raid costs would be adjusted higher to keep the same number per week per raid.
  • Let’s hope they don’t do that in a hurry!