Does T3's Combat Logic Upgrade make IG lead possible?

HK666
1263 posts Member
I decided to save 6k crystals to get a 4* T3 cuz he's one of my favorite droids.

I've been using him under HK lead in STR, and with his Combat Logic Upgrade unique, he gets 8% potency after every ability use (including basic).

I've noticed that his other unique, the one that has a 75% chance to inflict target lock, is proccing sometimes halfway through the battle when the boss has already stacked some tenacity, meaning T3 has built enough potency to break through (sometimes, it's not like the boss has tenacity down, some turns its resisted)

if that unique is zetad, said potency gets spread throughout all droids. IG's leader has dot on crit.

so, I'm wondering if combing T3's zeta with IG's lead can result in a dot based team, that would have to be droid heavy. IG probably wouldn't get his payout because building that potency takes some time (and my T3 has BB8 supporting him for now, giving another 20% potency and I don't see this beating out JTR teams)

and, I'm currently using HK lead, which means everytime T3 crits he gets huge amounts of TM. I can't say that he'll take exactly half the turns under IG, because the more the bosses get hit the faster they get, but I've also got to factor in the double turns when T3 uses an aoe.

I can't quite figure exactly who should be on this team either. IG and T3 for sure, but who else? BB already has a team and I think R2 does 2. Maybe the IG86? L3 for heals ?(might not be necessary, because if dots are sticking then so is target lock, which means IG88 is healed. T3 can self heal) any droid who isn't already on a team? maybe someone who takes advantage of the dots, like Mission & Zaalbar, Wampa? (I think Wampa already has a team tho...) another bounty hunter to trigger the payout?

Lemme know if my ideas worth something or is just a dumpster fire

Now that I think about it IG is probably already on a bh team for this raid... still, maybe some new BH get released and free him up

Replies

• crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Wampa has a team, but if the dot stacking works, could do well here. Don't discount just because of that.

The other thing is you can use adds to help get IG payout. If I'm not mistaken, he can then reduce boss tenacity, which could make this team work even better.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I knew about the tenacity reduction, which is a big reason I mentioned the payout in the first place

didn't consider the adds tho. t3 has an aoe debuff, then IG aoe attack. this team is looking better already