New carb???!

Please guys. Dont make this the new «gold gear» carbanti. Dont make this the 2nd wall of **** gear needed. 0v05gfn5lxnb.png

Replies

• Options
    Mk VIII biotech implants are not a new piece. Of course there’s a second wall of gear you’re going to get stuck behind. That’s part of the fun of gearing up a character.
  • cdhek
    61 posts Member
    Options
    Yes you will need a LOT of those!! But they are farmable now unlike previous walls from the past so it’s not as bad.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah "fun"... :s:s:s
  • Xhedao
    209 posts Member
    Options
    375 crystalls for 25 salvages. Pretty good price
  • Lumpawarump
    111 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Xhedao wrote: »

This. The BioTech Implant Prototype (the gear on the left) are my primary purchase from Shipments these days.

You'll get plenty of the Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage (the gear on the right) from the STR Gear Challenge. I'm currently sitting on 1,200+.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options

This. The BioTech Implant Prototype (the gear on the left) are my primary purchase from Shipments these days.

You'll get plenty of the Mk 8 BioTech Implant Salvage (the gear on the right) from the STR Gear Challenge. I'm currently sitting on 1,200+.

nope, as your roster gets deeper and deeper, you will run out of your 1200 salvage. I am sitting on 49 of them right now, and I have actually been farming them with energy because I can't get them fast enough.
  • Options
    Im guessing the ones on the right become a shortage mainly for P2P or those high enough in arena and fleet (large daily crystal earnings), as a F2P player who is focusing on them things i still have 1400 of the things on the right but done pay, or generate enough crystals to buy the stuff on the left.
  • Options
    Jaxom wrote: »

nope, as your roster gets deeper and deeper, you will run out of your 1200 salvage. I am sitting on 49 of them right now, and I have actually been farming them with energy because I can't get them fast enough.

Nah. I'm at 3.4m GP. I currently have 73 of the prototype and 1,500 of the salvage.

I'm pretty sure for gold eyeballs you need them at a 5:6 ratio of prototype:salvage. Not sure how you can run out of the challenge gear as fast as you can run out of the gear that needs to be farmed.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    dunno how it's happening, but I've been out of them for about a month now. At this point, I am earning/farming the two type at about an even clip. Also, I am 3.8m GP, maybe that makes a difference. The sheer number of toons that need gold balls at this point in my roster is mind-boggling.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Need 35 of them at current levels, and that's not counting the ones needed in the g11 finishing pieces to get to g12...... another 20 there
  • Options
    I ment the ones on the right. Im dry and chals + raid drops is not enough. One toon needs like 180 of these from g11 to gear 12
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Options
    You’ll be surprised at how fast you run out of the salvage. The first time I saw someone who had next to none I asked how that was possible. Now I know.
  • Options

For half of it...

It’s 2k crystals for the entire piece.
  • Options
    Burritto wrote: »
    Jaxom wrote: »

Nah. I'm at 3.4m GP. I currently have 73 of the prototype and 1,500 of the salvage.

I'm pretty sure for gold eyeballs you need them at a 5:6 ratio of prototype:salvage. Not sure how you can run out of the challenge gear as fast as you can run out of the gear that needs to be farmed.

Me too - 3.4M GP here as well. Are you not simming Tier V of the STR Challenge?
  • CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    I have the same problem as @Jaxom. I’m also at 3.8m GP. Once had over 1,500 of the salvage. Now have less than 50. They disappear in a hurry when you’re trying to take so many toons to G12.
  • Options
    I don’t know how and I never thought it was possible but I’ve depleted my stock of challenge gold balls from 1200+ to just over 500 left. That took about a month. Guys in my guild are also running low on them. GP of 3.2.
  • Options

Ahhh, the innocence of youth, . . . . ;)
  • Options
    blu0xixj1dae.png

Been barely keeping up for months now.
  • Options
    I don't understand this, maybe someone can explain it to me.

Is this problem of running out of the challenge eyeballs specific to those that have been playing for a short period of time / or super high GP'ers?

I'm at about 3.1M GP & have been at it since launch and have thousands of the easy to get ones.... And to justify myself I buy the 375/25 every time I see it.
  • Options
    It is an issue when you are gearing for 12 , and it depends on who you are gearing, some chars need five mk8 just to get to g12 , It does go fast especially when you are building raid squads.
  • Jaxom
    136 posts Member
    Options
    it's a problem of higher GP/more g12 toons. There are an obscene amount of gold balls required to get toons from g10-g12, so it tends to be a symptom of very high GP players who have a lot of high geared toons.