While we have your ears...

Prev1
DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited August 2018
How about raising the limit from 2 to 5 on gear in the guild donation system? I don't think this would break the game. The faster players can advance their teams the sooner they will be on to higher end content and be ready for more. Your entire timetable would move up and the really cool things you want to add, that require stronger teams would become possible sooner. QED

Please like if you agree :)
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• I'd rather see gear equalization so that I don't get useless rewards from rank 1 in HAAT.
  • Mahbrethir wrote: »
    I'd rather see gear equalization so that I don't get useless rewards from rank 1 in HAAT.

Indeed, but I don't see that happening. I wish it would but for whatever reason there is, it's there to stay it seems. At least increasing the donation limit would help short term.

• Yeah does seem odd that even now we can only ask for 2rancor raid gear pieces while more advanced gear can get 5at a time. Plus that gear is in a shop now as well
  • Yeah does seem odd that even now we can only ask for 2rancor raid gear pieces while more advanced gear can get 5at a time. Plus that gear is in a shop now as well

It is possible I guess that this is an oversight, and this type of system in game needs to be brought up to code with current trends and needs.
  • I wanna buy g12+ gear with my crystals and not get the same gear over and over again.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Dunno, if you need the gear, it is probable that everyone else needs it as well so the donations won't help much. What I see as a bigger problem concerning player advancement is adding most of the new characters to a single hard node. They could have at least kept the 8-attempt limit.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Just finished a regular AAT #1 and received two sets of the gold gear from challenges out of my 5 sets. Thanks! Already have 750+ of each but worth the effort...
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    2rjk49mgu1aw.png
    Not all gear can be requested.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    2rjk49mgu1aw.png
    Not all gear can be requested.

Very true
  • And I find even if I need a certain piece of gear, if that guy has helped out a bunch in the past I'll throw one his way. It's supposed to be a multi-directional exchange where the more you donate the more you receive.
  • I'd certainly love to request more than two MK V furnaces, not farmable, expensive to get from the shops and otherwise unavailable.

I know most late game players don't need them but I certainly do, just shy of 100 in fact, because ya know, pilots need gearing too.

I don't feel rewarded when I "progress" my gear and toons, I feel like I've smashed through a wall to find a thicker wall behind it.

I only have one raid I can rely on for gear for around my stage and that's Rancor but that insists on giving me those MK 6 disc things (or is it 7?). T6 gives me gear I will need later but not until I break the previous wall.

Oh and I agree, hard nodes back up to 8 please. My Sabine problem is growing tiresome.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    And I find even if I need a certain piece of gear, if that guy has helped out a bunch in the past I'll throw one his way. It's supposed to be a multi-directional exchange where the more you donate the more you receive.

We do that, sometimes it's like passing it back and forth but it's fun.
  • Yeah - it would be good to be able to donate and recieve more gear. Definitely.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    But what’s to stop someone from having farm teams (or 5 people having 5 farms) in the same guild and loading up on 1? Or creating Donor accounts for the entire guild. It makes for a true farm account. This can be popular with players early on to speed their gear efforts. It’s also why raids/TW/TB are important, raids/TW/Tb stress working together. You truly need 50 teams to complete the guild events, otherwise they are too hard.

I like your idea, I’m all for an increase in donations. Maybe include Allies and guild. But again, what’s to stop the farming. There are always 2sides : the reason it’s good, and not good.
  • KueChael wrote: »
    There are always 2sides : the reason it’s good, and not good.

Undoubtedly.

bsbnkr8jxdd1.png

But one side needs choosing.

And our friend @DuneSeaFarmer has nailed his colours to the mast.

But what’s to stop someone from having farm teams (or 5 people having 5 farms) in the same guild and loading up on 1? Or creating Donor accounts for the entire guild. It makes for a true farm account. This can be popular with players early on to speed their gear efforts. It’s also why raids/TW/TB are important, raids/TW/Tb stress working together. You truly need 50 teams to complete the guild events, otherwise they are too hard.

I like your idea, I’m all for an increase in donations. Maybe include Allies and guild. But again, what’s to stop the farming. There are always 2sides : the reason it’s good, and not good.

Each account could only get 5 pieces per day though. And you can already do that with “better” gear anyways. Why is it you can get 5 of the mk 6 Droid callers but only 2 of the mk 5?

And while we are at this, let’s add some new pieces to the donation list. Why can’t I request MK 7 shield generators? And cmon, we might as well add G11 gold gear now too. I understand why it wasn’t there originally, but it’s not rare anymore.

Sounds like players suffer for an exploitable system. In short, it's not a valid concern for us, it is for the developers. Loopholes need to be closed, so things can improve.
    There are always 2sides : the reason it’s good, and not good.

Undoubtedly.

bsbnkr8jxdd1.png

But one side needs choosing.

And our friend @DuneSeaFarmer has nailed his colours to the mast.

I am and ever shall be, pro gamer. Players matter, not the game.
  • Sounds like players suffer for an exploitable system. In short, it's not a valid concern for us, it is for the developers. Loopholes need to be closed, so things can improve.

That just dawned on me whilst I was considering the answer.

• KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I think they closed loopholes by only allowing a specific low number donatable, and only guild mates to contribute.

So adding more types of gear wouldn’t hurt much. But I can’t see the other stuff happening. IMO
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    KueChael wrote: »
    I think they closed loopholes by only allowing a specific low number donatable, and only guild mates to contribute.

So adding more types of gear wouldn’t hurt much. But I can’t see the other stuff happening. IMO

Sort of a "Don't raise the bridge, lower the river" fix. Developers will opt for the easiest fix, since we are usually buried in work.
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Vendea
    39 posts Member
    The way challenge gear should work is that not every player gets the same challenge gear - i.e. in the carbantis slot maybe some people get mk 5 stun guns and some get mk 3 stun cuffs. Then you actually have different gear surpluses among guild mates, meaning that not everyone is requesting the exact same gear all the time. Plus it gives an incentive for guild mates to be cooperative about gear requests and donations instead of everyone always requesting the same three pieces that no one else has anyway.
  • Vendea wrote: »
    The way challenge gear should work is that not every player gets the same challenge gear - i.e. in the carbantis slot maybe some people get mk 5 stun guns and some get mk 3 stun cuffs. Then you actually have different gear surpluses among guild mates, meaning that not everyone is requesting the exact same gear all the time. Plus it gives an incentive for guild mates to be cooperative about gear requests and donations instead of everyone always requesting the same three pieces that no one else has anyway.

If I could bake worth a darn, you would have cookies on the way. This is spot on. In HoDA (another CG mobile game) they added a system to help stop players from receiving duplicate heroes in packs, etc. Okay they use a different system but the same logic could apply here to gear. Set a ceiling that if someone has "X" amount of something they will not receive it as often. The slot machine mechanism governing this game is really getting old. I could populate a small moon with all the lemons I've have gotten from pulling the cosmic lever in game.
    But what’s to stop someone from having farm teams (or 5 people having 5 farms) in the same guild and loading up on 1?

Then they are in a guild with 5+ accounts that are absolutely useless in TW, TB, Raids, etc...

• Monel
    2786 posts Member
    The premise of this post is wrong. We dont have their ears, or their eyes. Dont get me wrong, not slamming anyone when I say this, just stating reality. If we really had their ears they would be more responsive, communication has all but ceased unless they have something to say. In very few instances do they ever take the time to respond to a player created post anymore.

Again, this is no slam just fact. CG is busy doing CG things. And those things are important. But paying attention to player created posts is not one of the things that are deemed to be important anymore. I appreciate CG for their hard work and I do believe they are doing what they think is best for the game. I hope they keep hard at work doing just that.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    If they raised rancor gear donations from 2 to 5, it'd be nice if they also raised the donater limit from 1 to 2. It'd help even out the streaks players are getting where they primarily get one type of gear (for me, that's furnaces - almost 800 of them). I'd love to be able to help guildmates that actually need furnaces by giving them 2, rather than donating 1 from my Mustafar-esque pile of furnaces.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Monel wrote: »
    The premise of this post is wrong. We dont have their ears, or their eyes. Dont get me wrong, not slamming anyone when I say this, just stating reality. If we really had their ears they would be more responsive, communication has all but ceased unless they have something to say. In very few instances do they ever take the time to respond to a player created post anymore.

Again, this is no slam just fact. CG is busy doing CG things. And those things are important. But paying attention to player created posts is not one of the things that are deemed to be important anymore. I appreciate CG for their hard work and I do believe they are doing what they think is best for the game. I hope they keep hard at work doing just that.

There was a time I would have agreed with you. But with such a high profile IP as Star Wars, many eyes are on it. Here and on Reddit. We have seen proof in extreme circumstances.

If I could bake worth a darn, you would have cookies on the way. This is spot on. In HoDA (another CG mobile game) they added a system to help stop players from receiving duplicate heroes in packs, etc. Okay they use a different system but the same logic could apply here to gear. Set a ceiling that if someone has "X" amount of something they will not receive it as often. The slot machine mechanism governing this game is really getting old. I could populate a small moon with all the lemons I've have gotten from pulling the cosmic lever in game.

Im not sure that would work as well as it feels ir would. The common denominator for a piece of gear is often carbantis. So even if some people would get stun guns everyone still needs those carabantis. So not sure what giving different people different gear achieves?

Im not sure that would work as well as it feels ir would. The common denominator for a piece of gear is often carbantis. So even if some people would get stun guns everyone still needs those carabantis. So not sure what giving different people different gear achieves?

True, it's not a perfect plan. Perhaps if they had this system to slow challenge gear from dropping?