Can we talk about new toons in TB platoons? [MERGE]

Prev134567
QuentinOllah38
64 posts Member
edited August 2018
So hopefully this won't get deleted like my last post...
Can someone from the development team explain to me why there HAS to be such a quick inclusion of new toons into the TB platoons (as opposed to waiting a few months when they become FTP)?
Immediately upon release, these new toons end up in the platoons (I promise you, Mission and Zaalbar and Sith Fighter WILL be in Phase 4-6 Platoons). My guild is very close to hitting 45 stars in the LSTB, but without filling the platoons, the combat missions become increasingly more difficult. Of course, this means less waves completed, and thus lower scores.
Why is the goalpost constantly moved? Is it to reward P2W players for spending more money (what could be called a "cash-grab") to get these characters to 7 stars first? For a company touting creating a sense of "pride and accomplishment" as a reward for playing, why continuously deny that accomplishment (because every time a new character is released, this makes the TB more difficult)? You don't add more enemies to the Rancor raid and make it more difficult, why do you do it here?
Hopefully, someone on the development team will take some time to answer this question. Mods, if you DO delete this, I'd like to know why (unlike the last post).
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    First, just an FYI, we can see all your posts. We dont delete them we move them to the forum trash. You have very few posts there and the ones I see have a warning so they did notify you.

Some posts are moved and others are merged you should look through the comments on your profile and you may find some of the topics you think were removed.

Now onto the real topic on hand:

This is part of the advantage that someone paying gets. Much like other content we will all "roster out" the content just due to sheer GP and have nothing to do with finishing platoons.
  • 0h9wvkpp60dw.png
    Want to explain where this one is, then? Not listed in my discussion history, and I can't find it on the forum... ;)
  • But for the topic, I think that's a fair statement, as much as I disagree with the premise of the idea (continuous moving of the goalpost). What I'm looking for is a developer to explain how this (moving goal) fits with the "spirit of the TB," and attaining said sense of "pride and accomplishment," vs. a feeling of relief that a guild can simply "overpower" the content (which btw would take a Guild with Character GP of over 180 million not counting any mission waves-interesting fact).
  • 0h9wvkpp60dw.png
    Want to explain where this one is, then? Not listed in my discussion history, and I can't find it on the forum... ;)

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1610278#Comment_1610278

This it?
  • Don't play the game if you do not like it. It seems your posts are full of double negatives and inappropriate usage of commas to get attention.
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Actually I dont think its an bad idea...yeah I mean drop the new released char into platoon.

Imagine if all unfarmable char removed from platoon, the system probably ask like 14 Biggs 12 GK 9 R2 and 9 Han or something similar, and most of people need those char to finish the combat mission.

The situations are worsen in DSTB, because you have so many chars to choose from at LSTB, but darkside...not so much. Maybe your guild can finish the platoons, but is forced to use chars like geos or tuskens, and probably failed at 2/4
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    0h9wvkpp60dw.png

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1610278#Comment_1610278

This it?

:smile:
  • Yes, it is ...although interesting that it doesn't show up in my discussions. Perhaps when it's moved to part of a discussion, it doesn't show up?
    In any event, apologies for assuming it was deleted entirely. Although, I would argue it was buried in a topic that it didn't really have anything to do with.
  • Just going to have to figure out how to clear 6/6 with only 3/6 platoons complete. The sheer amount of cash required to stay in front of all these marquees is way too excessive.
  • Just going to have to figure out how to clear 6/6 with only 3/6 platoons complete. The sheer amount of cash required to stay in front of all these marquees is way too excessive.
    Start by only filling 2/6. 3/6 earns you a meagre amount of points and no combat benefit.
  • My point is, unlike any other area of the game, there is no way or point that the platoons will become easier based on focusing on bettering your squads. You must simply BUY any advantage that would come from filling the platoons.
    I'm guessing the reason is so that they don't have to develop any further content for this aspect of the game, although I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to. I can imagine a scenario that once you complete all of the stars in, say, LSTB, you unlock the ability to choose a higher/harder-level, different, TB such as Geonosis, Endor, Jakku or any number of new battles. (Or if you prefer, just farm the LSTB that you've already defeated).
    Just my thoughts and dreams on the matter, which is really the reason that I started the post to begin with I suppose.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    My point is, unlike any other area of the game, there is no way or point that the platoons will become easier based on focusing on bettering your squads. You must simply BUY any advantage that would come from filling the platoons.
    I'm guessing the reason is so that they don't have to develop any further content for this aspect of the game, although I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to. I can imagine a scenario that once you complete all of the stars in, say, LSTB, you unlock the ability to choose a higher/harder-level, different, TB such as Geonosis, Endor, Jakku or any number of new battles. (Or if you prefer, just farm the LSTB that you've already defeated).
    Just my thoughts and dreams on the matter, which is really the reason that I started the post to begin with I suppose.

But you can improve your roster so that only filling platoons to 4/6 won’t have a big impact on your missions.

Just convince a few whales to join your guild. As long as they keep forking over the money you can fill at least most of the platoons. You’ll get 45* and they’ll have a better chance at getting great rewards in the sith raid if they’re in a smaller guild. It’s a win/win.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes, it is ...although interesting that it doesn't show up in my discussions. Perhaps when it's moved to part of a discussion, it doesn't show up?
    In any event, apologies for assuming it was deleted entirely. Although, I would argue it was buried in a topic that it didn't really have anything to do with.

Because it is now a comment. It was merged into a bigger post that is no longer yours.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    My point is, unlike any other area of the game, there is no way or point that the platoons will become easier based on focusing on bettering your squads. You must simply BUY any advantage that would come from filling the platoons.

Platoons are a subset of the TB content, they may not get easier but TB will.

TB is pure numbers, if you and your guild never complete more missions than you do today, just from pure GP growth you will eventually beat phase 6, just from deploying. People who $$ will have an advantage but even the free-est of F2P will hit that point at a later time.

Who said they dont have plans to release more TB, and they may have nothing to do with this TB or your level of completion.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Platoons are a subset of the TB content, they may not get easier but TB will.

TB is pure numbers, if you and your guild never complete more missions than you do today, just from pure GP growth you will eventually beat phase 6, just from deploying. People who $$ will have an advantage but even the free-est of F2P will hit that point at a later time.

Who said they dont have plans to release more TB, and they may have nothing to do with this TB or your level of completion.

More TB please! These are my favorite weeks!
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Thanks, CG, I'm glad we can't even get 1/3 of the ship platoons filled since 5 out of 6 of them require either 5 star Sith Fighter or 5 star Lando's Falcon. Way to make things fun for non-whale guilds.
    Post edited by Crowny on
  • lol, I hear you. In 5/6 platoons we need 1 Sith Fighter. We've got one.
    We're boned. Ultra-boned.
    This is out of hand.
  • The same for my guild. Seems like EA lost the sense of reality with these marque events and p2p ships and char.
  • Sobel
    21 posts Member
    Well I get that the new toons and ships is needed for platoons and sqadrons. But 5/6 squadrons and 4/6 platoons is just crazy.

Atleast give us a chance to fill 2/6 squadrons.
  • Today's TB (5*) had all 6 platoons needing the Sith ship, Lando's ****, or both.
  • Lol, M*F* (Millennium Falcon abbreviation) was edited
  • Yeah, it's gotten worse and worse every single time.
  • 100 M GP and we can complete only 1/6 squadrons, 3/6 and 2/6 platoons!
    Sith ship and Lando's Falcon everywhere..... and the new marquee toons....
    Congrats
  • Jared
    32 posts Member
    There needs to be a moratorium on new units being included in platoons.
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    we have something similar, so it’s not like ur guild is getting screwed over by itself, we all fall a little bit back this tb, except big spenders, it’s ok, they are far ahead of us anyways
  • Same as my guild. 1/6.
  • Yeah the platoons/squadrons this phase for this TB are out of control. We could only fill 1 Squadron (which is useless as you need to fill at least two) and only two platoons in each of the other two territories.

We're not a weak guild either, ~150M GP including some whales.

Not cool CG. :(
    (In game - Veran - Officer of ALLIΔNCE Nu)
  • I m gettind pretty tired of the requirements for the platoons, ok, u guys need to make money, but to put 7 nefys, 5 sith assassin ships, a lot bastillas and joleens.... u should really limit the amount of P2P characters......
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I guess we are lucky to fill two squadrons, the rest requires the new sith ship. This is disgusting.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie It would be great if we could get a response on this. If we could get some reasoning behind continuing to make TB more difficult to achieve 45*. At one point we were told it was about pride and accomplishment, but at some point all that pride should lead to actually achieving the goal.