Raid random seed PSA

Aluxtu
420 posts Member
The later you join a raid during the no attack period the better your chances are to have a higher reward seed. So if you always post 0's you will more likely get a higher seed, and if you always tie for first, your rank seed determines who places higher.

Replies

• Disagree , my rank for ties varies across top 15 typically, and I’m always first in, so I could argue that first in tends to spot you at a top ten or better usually. It’s random
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Don't think OP knows how RNG works lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    That is not true.

You are given a number between 1 and 50 when you join the raid. Sure you have "better odds" of getting a number(but you are going to get one anyway). 1 in 50 if you are the first to join vs 1 in 40 if you are the 11th to join, but if the first 10 to join happen to get 1-10, the best number you can get when you join is 11.

Its random and when you pick your number doesnt increase your odds of getting a better position.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    If you join first you can still be shuffled down. If I join last I have a 1 in 50 of being placed in first. If I join first, every time someone else joins I can get shuffled down. All I know is as someone who joins first every single time, I usually end up in the bottom 40, while those who join last or as soon as the raid starts tend to get seeded at a much higher number.

And I know how random works. I also know how fractions work and 1/50 has a much higher percent chance then 1/2 to the power of 49. If you join first each person who joins after you has a 50% chance of seeding higher then you.
  • Aluxtu wrote: »
    If you join first you can still be shuffled down. If I join last I have a 1 in 50 of being placed in first. If I join first, every time someone else joins I can get shuffled down. All I know is as someone who joins first every single time, I usually end up in the bottom 40, while those who join last or as soon as the raid starts tend to get seeded at a much higher number.

And I know how random works. I also know how fractions work and 1/50 has a much higher percent chance then 1/2 to the power of 49. If you join first each person who joins after you has a 50% chance of seeding higher then you.

Sorry but that seems way out to lunch,
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    If you join first, you have a 1 in 50 chance to place last, just as you have 1 in 50 chance to place first. Not 1/2 to the power of 49 lol.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    If you join first you have 100% chance of being placed first, but every person who joins after you can bump you down. Pretty sure it isn't a fixed value once you join. If it is, I stand corrected, but I would wager if I join first every single raid for a month and you join last every raid for a month, you will have the better average seed in rank by a long shot.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    If you join first you have 100% chance of being placed first, but every person who joins after you can bump you down. Pretty sure it isn't a fixed value once you join. If it is, I stand corrected, but I would wager if I join first every single raid for a month and you join last every raid for a month, you will have the better average seed in rank by a long shot.

It 100% is a random number from 1 to 50 assigned to you when you join or hit the raid.

Then everyone is sorted by the damage done as a first sort and the number given as the second sort.

The number you are given does not change once it is assigned for that raid.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    I stand corrected then.