Fleet arena: AI's luck is ridiculous again

Nine out of the last 10 battles had the same annoying plot:
-AI does always target lock
- I fail the first two attempts to target lock
- My Tie Advanced is dead in the first 20 seconds.
- Game over (with a similar scenario a win is a miracle).
- Ranking collapsed from 17 to 73 in 2 days.
My opinion on ships 2.0 doesn't change even in those rare days in which I can reach the 4th-10th position at payout.....
I continue to prefer the old way... We had 5 ships and we studied some strategies...
Today: the same 3 ships for > 90% of people (and same reinforcement too), coinflip for who goes first, luck on target lock, that's all folks.
:-(

Replies

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    They won't change anything or reduce AI advantage... I know it stinks but your best bet to to not run vader or TFP or Biggs... well keep biggs as a reinforcement that'a pretty solid

EDIT TFP is situations...great opening ship but has the 100% hardest counter in the game if you use him for offense take him out so you don't drop as much on defense....if your fightingsomeone without that counter it's no so bad.

• Options
    Yeah same here... Damage of the AI is stupidly high. Also the potency values most be in the sky....

The whole ship mode needs a rework. I already posted some ideas about it. For example making the capital ship being attacked at 4 parts. destroying a part would have an effect on the enemy capital ship/fleet. This would be a reason to introduce Bombers and the battles would be more strategic.
    You'd had to decided wheter to kill the fighters or the capital ship or do both.

But you'd have to raise the starting line up to 5 ships again.

this 3 ship starting is ****. Especially with the strong AI.

• Options
    The whole ship mode needs a rework. That was funny. Be careful what you wish for. Ships 2.0 was a major dev failure, they could double down and make it worse again.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    The AI has too much handicap now. And, I lose far too often on offense when I shouldn't.

1. Tie Fighter Pilot dodges A LOT more by the AI than my own.
    2. AI target locks a lot more too.
    3. Not sure if AI crits more often, but wouldn't surprise me.
    4. ships in general dodge more for AI.

Also what is going on here? I call a reinforcement with Silencer, and the enemy calls a reinforcement with Bobba Fett, and then Bobba Fet goes before my reinforcement. Absolutely ridiculous.

My fleet shard chat, and guild chat is pretty much in universal agreement that ships 2.0 is a lot worse than how it was before.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Options
    I had the same problem after the upgrade . Things have gotten better since I have upgraded my home one and chrimeria to 7 Star . 7 Star makes a big difference . Also building up abilities have helped. Not perfect but better. For me
    Fleet battles are ridiculous.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    If you face difficulty fighting other teams, it should go w/out saying that others face the same difficulty fighting your team. wai
  • Options
    I find it's pretty even: when the enemy boba SOMEHOW dodges twice in a row, my Biggs also dodges once and my TFP becomes the matrix.
  • Options
    I've pulled off some miracle level nonsense before. RNGod seems to like me in ships, well, a bit.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Options
    RNG favored the AI in the old Ships as well. The purpose of buffing the AI is to compensate for it being dumber than a human player. You may agree or disagree with buffing it; I'm just giving you the justification.
  • Options
    A strong AI is fine if the starting grid is larger. Having 3 ships to start with knocks you out of the game too fast.
  • Options
    Yeah exactly what I meant :D
  • Options
    I switched to an advanced TF, Biggs, Tie Slicer front 3. Even if the AI ships are faster, I can usually stun Tie Advanced with Slicer, then hit AI Biggs with Tie Advanced (gives TL 100%), then use Biggs special on the AI Biggs which gets an assist because of TL (most of the time it does Tie Slicer which hits like a wet noodle). After that, just keep working down Biggs. After the first reinforcements come in (usually AI is Boba), I bring in Phantom 2 because the very next turn I'll have another reinforcement to bring in. About half the time I can be at 5 ships using this strategy.Then I bring Boba in to do whatever looks like the biggest damage option. By this time I've either won, or I'll have the Thrawn Nuke ready to go, which also gives a cooldown to the other cap ship.

At the same time, yes the AI gives itself buffs, hits crits way more often, does way more damage, and sometimes gets turn meter magically. The RNG giving the AI fleet better odds doesn't help when you only have 3 ships because if you lose one, it gets really bad. (Of course, if the AI only has one ship left and it is the Tie Fighter, it'll dodge so much the AI Cap brings in new reinforcements to obliterate you.) Whether they realize it or not, the AI is giving itself better odds that we used to be able to get past with a 5 ship front. It is much harder to do that with 3 ships.
  • Options
    Tried out that one too. Works quite well. I think it might be even better to go for Biggs, Silencer + Poe as starting grid. So you can call in Vader as a joker to hit hard.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Mzee wrote: »

Also what is going on here? I call a reinforcement with Silencer, and the enemy calls a reinforcement with Bobba Fett, and then Bobba Fet goes before my reinforcement. Absolutely ridiculous.

That would be a bug there is no way for that to happen
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

It's not the only bug in ships 2.0. Even today I brought my phantom 2 in as a reinforcement, hit the "Target Lock" ability and in two different battles my TL didn't happen. (This is a "cannot be resisted or evaded" ability, yet the AI ignored it two times.)

They might fix one thing, then the AI cheats on something else. It is pretty frustrating to see so much consistency in the AI doing whatever the heck it wants.
  • Options

It could be possible if the enemy had Kylos Command shuttle on the board.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    It's not the only bug in ships 2.0. Even today I brought my phantom 2 in as a reinforcement, hit the "Target Lock" ability and in two different battles my TL didn't happen. (This is a "cannot be resisted or evaded" ability, yet the AI ignored it two times.)

They might fix one thing, then the AI cheats on something else. It is pretty frustrating to see so much consistency in the AI doing whatever the heck it wants.
    Without knowing who's on the field, we can't tell if that's working as intended or not.

For example, if you were targeting an enemy Ghost while Phantom 2 was on the field, Ghost is immune to Target Lock. Immunity trumps "can't resist."
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    TFP inflicts target lock with his basic 70% of the time none of the time.
  • Options
    Imperial TIE Fighter inflicts Target Lock with its basic less than 70% of the time, because in addition to that 70% check, it has to make a tenacity check.
    Still not a he.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait until you see the RNG of trying to apply buff immunity to Bossk..... hahahahhhahahahah

Its like Aliens......Hudson " Game over man.....Game over.
  • Options
    Way too much AI dodging.
  • Options
    They won't change anything or reduce AI advantage... I know it stinks but your best bet to to not run vader or TFP or Biggs... well keep biggs as a reinforcement that'a pretty solid

EDIT TFP is situations...great opening ship but has the 100% hardest counter in the game if you use him for offense take him out so you don't drop as much on defense....if your fightingsomeone without that counter it's no so bad.

I see same problem but this problem seems to disappeared when I start to play with my phone and not with my tablet